• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Regrets in Vaping: Buyer's Remorse and other Tales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
36ae3b57b10ef835204c78c619367f2f.jpg

Was in Bangkok having a hard time finding anything vape. The few people I saw vaping claimed it's not allowed. On my last afternoon I stumbled across a shop in MBK selling vape gear. Everything was exorbitantly priced. Through a lot of sign language and I learned that their inventory came from our northern neighbour.
Nevermind, I told myself, after so many days of random searching I finally found a vape shop so I should at least get something small. Like a bottle of juice.
No sampling in store, so picked a bottle of MANGO LASSI. How bad could it be? Paid 490,000baht ($19. Yes, some of you are slapping your foreheads and groaning already) and left very quickly; didn't check anything and hurried back to the hotel to pack then rushed to the airport.
Only examined the bottle today... and I slapped myself so hard I though I would pass out. There was a price tag on the side... RM35.

I'd paid more than 60% more than I should have.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Never buy juice when you're rushing AND in a foreign country where they don't speak your language.

Last edited:

bravobravoquebec

Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Pandora
Tbh, I pay usually twice the US rate for my mods and tanks up north, not to mention the overpriced US juice.. Although that by itself is still a far cry from the daylight robbery for the vape stuff locally. I guess for me it's more about getting away from analogs, it cost more for sure, but it's worth every penny if it keeps me from going back to cigs.

crazyhendrix

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2016
Singapore
36ae3b57b10ef835204c78c619367f2f.jpg

Was in Bangkok having a hard time finding anything vape. The few people I saw vaping claimed it's not allowed. On my last afternoon I stumbled across a shop in MBK selling vape gear. Everything was exorbitantly priced. Through a lot of sign language and I learned that their inventory came from our northern neighbour.
Nevermind, I told myself, after so many days of random searching I finally found a vape shop so I should at least get something small. Like a bottle of juice.
No sampling in store, so picked a bottle of MANGO LASSI. How bad could it be? Paid 490,000baht ($19. Yes, some of you are slapping your foreheads and groaning already) and left very quickly; didn't check anything and hurried back to the hotel to pack then rushed to the airport.
Only examined the bottle today... and I slapped myself so hard I though I would pass out. There was a price tag on the side... RM35.

I'd paid more than 60% more than I should have.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Never buy juice when you're rushing AND in a foreign country where they don't speak your language.
I was in MBK today and saw 2 shops selling vape gear. Since I don't wanna risk getting caught importing them, I gave them a pass. Saw some rda clone at 350 baht. That's less than $15??. Maybe the juices are more expensive.

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
As much as i regret half the purchases ive made into my vaping journey, im glad it went the way it did. I would have never learned as much about vaping as i have if i never had to look up and fiddle with 20+ products to work optimally.

Yeah, i may have spent 1000usd more than i needed too in the past 4 years, but it was worth it. Im happy where im at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread