Status
Not open for further replies.

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Proteus is the only mod in existence with liquid control (VIR). No...not the liquid control on your atomizer, although that is an important factor.
Liquid Control meaning that Proteus won't respond or heat up the coil unless there is liquid. Never get a dry or burned taste!!!
Great feature to have!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

NandyDC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2009
San Juan, PR
Believe it or not since 2010 my main vaper was a 18650 mechanical mod, from GGTS to GG4S. Today I can say that my main vaper is a Temp Controller 14500 electronic mod. My main concern was the battery but with the setup that Im using one single batt last from 9am to 7pm vaping 5 or 7 steps mainly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
Believe it or not since 2010 my main vaper was a 18650 mechanical mod, from GGTS to GG4S. Today I can say that my main vaper is a Temp Controller 14500 electronic mod. My main concern was the battery but with the setup that Im using one single batt last from 9am to 7pm vaping 5 or 7 steps mainly.

Oh, I believe it. :) Since 2011 I've been mechanical all the way, though I have dallied about with many regulated/controlled devices which happened to be in fashion. Dallied enough so that I always determined their shortcomings (of which there are too many and too varied to enumerate) always brought me back to the blissful simplicity and style of the mech. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought little Proteus would supplant them! It is my favorite vape of ALL TIME. Granted, I do go through 3-4 batts in a day and though I love the look of a Proteus/Penelope, the atomizer I adore for my Proteus is the Tiny Tank. That pairing for me is the end all be all and if that's what I have to vape with for the rest of forever I'll be happy.
I consider myself a very wise and fortunate man for hanging in there, ignoring the people who thought they knew it all and scoffed at seemingly impossible vaporware. Proteus is a triumph (and I have one :)).

NandyDC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2009
San Juan, PR
I dont know what is the Tiny Tank but I will look for it. About the Pene Im getting used to the restricted draw. I think that the only device that will beat the Proteus is when the VIR adapter is available for the Esterigon.

NandyDC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2009
San Juan, PR
I found an old GP Spheroid I had for some years now, did a quick setup and attached it to Proteus. The discovery was quicker than with the Pene. Big cons, the draw is so close that is almost impossible to vape. Because the air holes are on the side of the 510 connector I cant screw it all the way down. It looks a good combination but for now is a no-no.

97bb8c5916e91ba3a0cb267f89b8ca0b.jpg

Yaya

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
Kolimbari, Chania, Crete
I dont know what is the Tiny Tank but I will look for it. About the Pene Im getting used to the restricted draw. I think that the only device that will beat the Proteus is when the VIR adapter is available for the Esterigon.

But please let us not forget the Just GG.:(:oops::rolleyes::cool: eh! Imeo.

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
For those talking about air draw and restricted air. I use the Penelope V4 and I use a smaller o-ring on the base. The air flow is much better. The Penelope V4 510 connection is sealed and the air come into the two holes on the side of the base. The middle base has holes, and with my V4 they line up perfectly and I can look through the base hole and see through the other side when looking at it towards light.
What a difference an o-ring can make.[emoji4]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
So I received my Efest V2 and you guys were right they are better than AWs. Also, as someone showered earlier they are a bit taller than the AWs and fit just right in Proteus.

However, the vape is still to weak in my opinion. When can we expect tubes and cap for Esterigon?

NandyDC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2009
San Juan, PR
As always I tend to forget to lock almost all my devices when no in use or in my pockets, The Proteus is not the exception. But after more than a month with it I never had a problem with the Proteus firing on my pockets. Maybe that is another advantage of the Proteus.

BTW Proteus at 260c~280c is the best vape. Very good flavor and good amount of vapor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread