RTS Trivia Contests

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Vapin_Chemist

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
It's Trivia Time! This contest will be for 600 rewards points and will run through Monday at Midnight. Good luck everyone and have a GREAT weekend!

Category: Sports

1. In cross-country bike racing, what do the initials BMX represent?

2. What baseball player hit the only home-run of his 22 year major league career off of his own brother?

3. What was the fitting name of the first miniature golf course in the United States?

4. Who was the first professional football player to run for more than 2,000 yards in a season?

5. Who was the first American golfer to break 60 on 18 holes in a major tournament?

6. What are the odds of getting four of a kind in a 5-card deal in poker?

7. In golfing slang, what is a Volkswagen?

8. Who was the first American sports figure to earn $1 million during his career?

9. How many games did the longest Wimbledon men’s sings match on record last?

10. What basketball player racked up the greatest number of personal fouls during his professional career and how many did he have?

Reactions: 440BB

The_Vapin_Chemist

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
This must have been a tough trivia, but we have a winner! Congratulations @440BB on winning! PM me your account info and I will add 420 rewards points to your account.

Everyone be on the lookout for new trivia Friday at 4pm! See this week's trivia answers below:

1. In cross-country bike racing, what do the initials BMX represent?
a. Bicycle Moto – X (cross)

2. What baseball player hit the only home-run of his 22 year major league career off of his own brother?
a. Joe Niekro

3. What was the fitting name of the first miniature golf course in the United States?
a. The Tom Thumb Golf Course

4. Who was the first professional football player to run for more than 2,000 yards in a season?
a. OJ Simpson

5. Who was the first American golfer to break 60 on 18 holes in a major tournament?
a. Sam Snead

6. What are the odds of getting four of a kind in a 5-card deal in poker?
a. 4,164 : 1 OR 0.000240

7. In golfing slang, what is a Volkswagen?
a. An awkward or bad shot that turns out well

8. Who was the first American sports figure to earn $1 million during his career?
a. Heavyweight boxer John L. Sullivan

9. How many games did the longest Wimbledon men’s sings match on record last?
a. It went 112 games with Pancho Gonzalez beating Charlie Pasarell. The tie-breaker was introduced two years later.

10. What basketball player racked up the greatest number of personal fouls during his professional career and how many did he have?
a. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar with 4,657 fouls

Reactions: Debadoo

The_Vapin_Chemist

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
OOps, we forgot the Friday Trivia, uh oh, free points for everyone. I'm sure I saw that in the rule book somewhere. No?
Sorry to everyone for the mistake. I am actually on vacation right now and was unable to get trivia posted on Friday as planned. When I get back in the office next week, we will have a special trivia that Monday 8/8 to make up for it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread