Cleaning non-rebuildable coils (Eleaf Air coils)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unhooked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2012
Michigan USA
After a while my eleaf GS air/tank/air2 coils tend to get hard to draw through. I suspect they are gummed up. I have seen some videos on youtube to disassemble them but I don't think I would get them back together. Is there a way to clean them to keep using them? Dip them in ????? and then _____________ to get all the ????? back out? Anyone have experience with this?

gs-air-occ-coils.jpg

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Bear in mind they are designed to be disposable. Some say that soaking coil heads in alcohol cleans them. But I have my doubts as this may clean the coil, but will not repair the denaturing effects of the heat on the wicking material. It is possible to rebuild some coil heads, but if you are willing to invest the time in rebuilding them, you may as well go the whole hog and use an actual rebuildable system like at RTA or an RDA.

Might want to follow the videos and try to rebuild them; what do you have to lose at this point?

If you have an ultrasonic cleaner (or know someone who does) that would likely blast away anything on the coils proper. I used mine on a coil gunked with a NET last week and it was impressive.

Reactions: Unhooked

Unhooked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2012
Michigan USA
I have saved about 14 of these coils. Some were tasting burnt but others are just hard to draw through, which is to me probably "gunked up". Anyone else have an idea for how to clean the gunked up ones? I like the ultrasonic cleaner idea if it would work. Would rubbing alcohol be what you put in it when it runs? Does that dissolve juice gunk off the wire and the wick?

medleypat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2016
Frankfort Indiana
I soak my coils in vodka for 24 hours then water for 24 hours has worked for me in a year of gaping have only tossed 4coils and one wasn't bad I messed up forgot to turn juise control back. Just make sure you stop as soon as you notice less flavor or cloud do not burn then.

Unhooked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2012
Michigan USA
OK I just put the batch of them in a shot of vodka and will shake every now and then for a week. Worth a try!

Anyone enjoy rebuilding these enough to rebuild them on the cheap for me? Long shot but worth an ask. :)

I soak my coils in vodka for 24 hours then water for 24 hours...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread