Frequent bowel movements, gas and loose stool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axe_DinGo

Jul 3, 2016
Hello everyone! I started vaping 4 months ago, and since the I didn't touch a single cigarette. I feel better with my lungs but since I started vaping I experienced weird bowel movements and ......../loose stool. This is very negative because I'm not able to assimilate what I eat so I feel a bit weak.

Before people starts claiming it's dehydration: I drink 4lt of water per day.

During the last 2 months I've tried to figure out what the problem could be:
Stopped vaping for a week and the symptoms disappeared(it's definitely vaping related)
I tried unflavored 50/50 with 0 nic(usually I vape 6 on a Nautilus mini)
And the symptoms started again, at first the stools were soft but after 3-4 days they were liquid as before.

I tried 100% unflavored VG and PG.
But it doesn't seem to pass in any way.
So I guess it's very unluckily that it's an allergic reaction because that's the only symptoms I get.

My theory is that when I draw vapor into my mouth a portion travels down in my stomach instead that in my lungs and pushes down the stuff also lubing the bowel surface.

Some form of aerophagia that it's worse with vapor because it's like I'm taking VG and PG via mouth as they were laxatives and those are the effects I experience.

Have any of you experienced something similar? Does that make sense for you?
Do you have an idea on how I can avoid that from happening?
I'm not really ready to give up vaping yet.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
There seems to be a constant flow of these these types of posts, by users who sign up just to post them. I smell a rat. Perhaps the plan is to create a search-able index of bogus vaping related health issues.

OP If your issue is genuine then you have my sympathies, but it's highly unlikely to be vaping related. Go see a doctor immediately.

Axe_DinGo

Jul 3, 2016
There seems to be a constant flow of these these types of posts, by users who sign up just to post them. I smell a rat. Perhaps the plan is to create a search-able index of bogus vaping related health issues.

OP If your issue is genuine then you have my sympathies, but it's highly unlikely to be vaping related. Go see a doctor immediately.
I'm just trying to figure out the reason and possibly solve the problem since I have looked for a solution in many other threads but nobody found a way to avoid this unpleasant side effect. It doesn't happen to everyone, but to the people affected by it it's quite annoying.

I understand there might be skepticism because it's something that's being said many times in many post but apparently nobody found a solution. I'm trying to figure out, I went to the doctor last week and next week I'll do some stool analysis to see what is causing it. (Probably it's vaping because the more I vape the more I go to the bathroom). I'll upload the post with new data and meanwhile I'll try to figure out a solution and maybe help all the people out there that are experiencing the same symptoms.

Just trying to learn more, figure out a solution and spread the advice to others in need. I'll be as scientific as possible with the updates to the post.

I'm not trolling.

Vape on

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    I'm just trying to figure out the reason and possibly solve the problem since I have looked for a solution in many other threads but nobody found a way to avoid this unpleasant side effect. It doesn't happen to everyone, but to the people affected by it it's quite annoying.

I understand there might be skepticism because it's something that's being said many times in many post but apparently nobody found a solution. I'm trying to figure out, I went to the doctor last week and next week I'll do some stool analysis to see what is causing it. (Probably it's vaping because the more I vape the more I go to the bathroom). I'll upload the post with new data and meanwhile I'll try to figure out a solution and maybe help all the people out there that are experiencing the same symptoms.

Just trying to learn more, figure out a solution and spread the advice to others in need. I'll be as scientific as possible with the updates to the post.

I'm not trolling.

Vape on
    I would be one who'd like to know :) I hope you can figure it out.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    I see this as plausible for some folks especially those who may have a very active metabolism to begin with. I have a stepson like that. He would regularly have to leave the dinner table to ummmmm "make room" for the second half of the meal. I'm sure his metabolism could be kicked into high gear with very little provocation.

It appears the OP already knows enuf to be wary of dehydration. Do you think increasing your water intake alone might be a contributing factor? ESPECIALLY if drinking mostly tap water and increasing all the intake of the poisons that our local goobberment agencies dump into our water supplies.

I see that your very first reply was a "welcome to ECF" from one of our great "defenders of vape " laced with accusation and innuendo. No surprise. There will be more, probably before I finish this post, demanding scientific proof and doctors reports. Glad to see you've already offered info as it becomes available. Hope your quest for an answer doesn't deteriorate into another pointless back and forth with "the defenders" as many do.

Good luck and I hope you find an answer for yourself and others with the same issue.

Last edited:

Axe_DinGo

Jul 3, 2016
    I see this as plausible for some folks especially those who may have a very active metabolism to begin with. I have a stepson like that. He would regularly have to leave the dinner table to ummmmm "make room" for the second half of the meal. I'm sure his metabolism could be kicked into high gear with very little provocation.

It appears the OP already knows enuf to be wary of dehydration. Do you think increasing your water intake alone might be a contributing factor? ESPECIALLY if drinking mostly tap water and increasing all the intake of the poisons that our local goobberment agencies dump into our water supplies.

I see that your very first reply was from one of our great "defenders of vape " laced with accusation and innuendo. No surprise. There will be more, probably before I finish this post, demanding scientific proof and doctors reports. Glad to see you've already offered info as it becomes available. Hope your quest for an answer doesn't deteriorate into another pointless back and forth with "the defenders" as many do.

Good luck and I hope you find an answer for yourself and others with the same issue.
    Thanks for the support, the point isn't to start a pointless thread like many others wondering why they fart so much lately and I understand the worries of the community.
    But the first step to make vaping available to everyone and make people understand that it's really a safer alternative to smoking is to get rid of those little problems that occurs to some of us that otherwise will go in panic and start claiming vaping is dangerous.

The more we know, in a scientific way, the more we can argument our rights with the ignorant press or the alarmists.

I didn't change my water intake, I've always drink that much. But after the analysis I'll consider that as a possibility and keep you updated, thanks for the support!

Reactions: Foggy Road

celticluvr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    I do think you may have an allergic reaction to one of the ingredients or just that you may have IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), only a slight case of it though. Someone I know reacts that way to VG and she has a severe case of IBS and has to watch what she eats and everything. Maybe its something like that... Just one of the many things to consider I guess. :unsure:

Reactions: Axe_DinGo

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    I see that your very first reply was a "welcome to ECF" from one of our great "defenders of vape " laced with accusation and innuendo. No surprise. There will be more, probably before I finish this post, demanding scientific proof and doctors reports.

Did you actually read what I posted, because it seems like you didn't. OP seems to have a serious medical issue, does he need advice from a bunch of vapers or a trained medical professional?
    I really like my new title by the way, thank you.

Axe_DinGo

Jul 3, 2016
    Little update: Did some tests to check if I have some infection or parasites going on. All negatives.
    Doctors think that since I have a chronic nasal congestion(not vaping related. I always had that) I swallow some of the air I breath from my mouth and that causes bloating and pushes down the food in my intestine causing me some digestive issues.
    This condition is triggered by sucking on small holes like drinking from a straw.

For now I'll just reduce how much I vape, going down to .5 ml per day and raising my nic level a bit to avoid craving for analogs.
    Meanwhile I'll try to figure out with my doctor of I can fix this condition in some way.

I'll keep you updated guys

Reactions: celticluvr

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 24, 2016
    Fantasy Island
    Little update: Did some tests to check if I have some infection or parasites going on. All negatives.
    Doctors think that since I have a chronic nasal congestion(not vaping related. I always had that) I swallow some of the air I breath from my mouth and that causes bloating and pushes down the food in my intestine causing me some digestive issues.
    This condition is triggered by sucking on small holes like drinking from a straw.

For now I'll just reduce how much I vape, going down to .5 ml per day and raising my nic level a bit to avoid craving for analogs.
    Meanwhile I'll try to figure out with my doctor of I can fix this condition in some way.

I'll keep you updated guys

I had a slightly similar problem: I found that I seemed to burp a lot after vaping. I thhink I was just unconsciously swallowing air as I vaped. I posted this on the SG Vape sub-forum and one helpful suggestion was to slightly exhale into my driptip before I inhaled.
    I tried that for a bit but found it a little counter-intuitive. But being more mindful of swallowing air has now become second nature to me and I don't have as much burping as I did before and the problem is almost all gone.
    On the other hand, getting the runs was something I encountered when I was chain vaping at 0.15Ω and getting nicotine sickness. I've started a thread about it here. Maybe it's just a sensitivity issue to the ingredients in your vape liquid.

Sterilize your drip tip.
    This is a great idea. I'm fastidious when it comes to hygiene and every night I wash out my day's drip tips in hot soapy water. You can try soaking the dip tips in anti-bacterial mouthwash as well. It might be possible that you're just re-infecting yourself with some low-level bacteria from an earlier episode.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread