GLASSMANOAK'S Contest Thread #153 for WINNERS and with MULTIPLE WINNERS !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
7/29 - 5:
You see, you do not see my love for dogs as well, who protected our family. Even down to my little sister, she ran from a full bull, horns grown. I was too far away, still a young lad, and knew I could not make it. Bandit, our dog went forward, he did not care. The bull stopped and Bandit was in control. It was amazing. I had to watch him go as well...... You want to ask me if I care about cats, dogs, birds, other animals? Do not even ask me about my care for people, lets just stick to the past and the animals at this point.

Bandit did not die that day, sorry that was not was the point. It was Eek, you see he died of a respiratory illness for cats. The land we lived on is remember 120 years old. An old garden. Wonder why.... no not allowed yet. The illness for cats actually was in the land, it took a lot to cure that. Eek died of it, our next cat was given to us, her name Junior. She proved herself in the first week, she took many mice, the house was devoid ever of mice, during her watch. Was at least until she was taken away two years ago. When a mouse "invaded" the house, she would bring it forward, in front of the whole family. We would be eating dinner and watching some type of show.

Junior would bring the mouse in the room, she would let the girls scream, and then start to play with it. I will skip that stuff. But with Junior in the house, no problem, she also learned bad birds from good, and not to walk across the street without looking, she watched birds on my shoulder, and never ate our living fish, though capable. The bird walked the floor to me, the cat knew, and hers after. The only problem, the disease that killed Eek, was now in Junior. She was immune.......... I want you to think of that, she was immune and about to give it to her young.....
:tumble:

westhc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA
7/29 #6
Well that was fun. A bit of chaos to start but all set up for tomorrow.
The handicapped elevator access was out of order but there was a young son that helped many of us carry stuff in since there was no way to use carts to haul the gear.
Dinner soon and then a relaxing evening.
Good and peaceful evening to all.
tree2.jpg

angelphyre

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
MS Gulf Coast/NOLA
NAE

OMG! Spent the whole dang day trying to upgrade a Win 8.1 tablet that I had forgotten about to Win 10 before it expires tonight...what an ordeal! :glare:...first of all the dang thing kept telling me I didn't have enough space, then it finally started downloading and installing it and stopped part way through and decided again it didn't have enough room:facepalm:...now this is on a tablet that has rarely been used and I never put anything on it...finally ended up having to download the ISO and load it from a USB drive...that finally did it! :blink:...Talk about getting frustrated! :censored:...But it's done now and all my devices are now upgraded. :)...Now don't bother me again Microsoft! :sneaky:

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
Tiggs, I'm sorry you had a rough day. And about Eek--your story is similar to what happened when my "friend" Sandy passed away: right in my lap. :(

Angel, I have installed countless copies of just about every version of every MS operating system (DOS, Windows 3.1-10, Windows NT/2000/2008 Server) and Windows 10 was my most problematic install. At least with the other operating systems, I knew what would work and what wouldn't after the install--but Windows 10 just said: everything works! Uh huh. That's why it crashes with the provided video driver, I don't get any sound, my flatbed scanner is no longer recognized, and I needed to reinstall my printer driver several times to get it to "see" the printer. I've solved those problems (well, except for the scanner--apparently I'm out of luck with that), but I wish the install process had run a little smoother (the process failed about four or five times before I could figure out that the culprit that kept the install from completing was the graphics card). So.... I feel your pain.

Zipslack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2013
Wesson, MS, USA
7/29 - 5

If I had Win8.x, yeah, I would have upgraded. As it is, I'm sticking with Win7 and Mint Linux. I just worked on a friend's laptop last night to make her Win10 laptop "work better" -- more like Win7 along with some general maintenance and security configuration. Every time I work on a Win10 system, I feel frustrated.

ascii bonsai.jpg

angelphyre

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
MS Gulf Coast/NOLA
Tiggs, I'm sorry you had a rough day. And about Eek--your story is similar to what happened when my "friend" Sandy passed away: right in my lap. :(

Angel, I have installed countless copies of just about every version of every MS operating system (DOS, Windows 3.1-10, Windows NT/2000/2008 Server) and Windows 10 was my most problematic install. At least with the other operating systems, I knew what would work and what wouldn't after the install--but Windows 10 just said: everything works! Uh huh. That's why it crashes with the provided video driver, I don't get any sound, my flatbed scanner is no longer recognized, and I needed to reinstall my printer driver several times to get it to "see" the printer. I've solved those problems (well, except for the scanner--apparently I'm out of luck with that), but I wish the install process had run a little smoother (the process failed about four or five times before I could figure out that the culprit that kept the install from completing was the graphics card). So.... I feel your pain.
Yeah Count, we had the same problem with the printer drivers here at the bf's...he got us both the same computer recently and since it had 8.1 on it, we went ahead and upgraded it to 10...my install went fine...his took 2 tries...then came the driver problems...and it took us several tries to finally get the dang printer to be recognized...funny though, when we upgraded his mom's computer to 10, hers recognized the printer right away...go figure! :confused:

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
7/29 #1
Been asking myself that question for a couple days. Things going so fast here that I have only managed a couple posts per day and had nothing interesting to say so didn't want to bore y'all with more weather reports or NWS rants. Gots tons of stuff to get done and it all needs doing by yesterday. But glad someone noticed I wasn't here. :)

1 Mt Hood.jpg

Last edited:

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
And about Eek--your story is similar to what happened when my "friend" Sandy passed away: right in my lap. :(

7/29 - 6:
Huh and bad..... wait for buddy, or.... wait for...... sorry.. not allowed yet. You want family, but do not wish for it...... nor some others.... do not worry, a Tiger will come alone sooner or later.

You are safe Count, the others..... Right good night treefam, I will speak regular when it is allowed.

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
7/30 - 1
Good morning all, well we spoke about Eek. And then Junior, well the start of Junior, the next was Tigger, an orange and white cat. It was a cool morning, raining, drizzle. Pleasant, we were having pancakes, the smell of syrup. The girls were doing good and wanted to go for a walk. They went to the south walking. There is a highway near, and the sound of cars pass.

Over the sounds of the cars they can hear barking, a lot of barking. The girls go to the barking, and there is this little orange spot on the ground. A little kitten, freezing, leg broken and dogs barking over the top of it. The kitten had given up, our girls took him back home. We took care of him, he was shaking so bad, his leg obviously broken. I could feel it, and tried hard, but finally told the children plainly. "We will love this cat and feed him, give him warmth, but I am sorry he will pass tonight." The girls looked at me and understood. I had to walk away, they must have cared for him.

Tigger lived on, dang still lives on, talk about nine lives, that one cost us some $4,000, before, well that is later. So Tigger makes it through the night. How about the brown recluse bite at his mouth, his little face was red at first and hair dropped. When we saw it, we went to the vet. Yeah, that is bad and costly. He ate the spider, he ate everything. Junior was more civil, she had to be taught.

The bird was once coming across the floor, and junior was peeked, I could see it. So I stood, that is all, and walked over to the bird. I set my hand down and let the cockatoo climb my finer and up my arm, she walked all the way to my shoulder. I went back to the seat near the family. Junior was watching the whole time. The bird started to nibble on my ear softly and in my hair. Later Junior would watch, and as he children came, she would slap them. Right the bird was safe, Junior understood and she watched just under the beta fish, more than one mind you, and the fish danced to the tango

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread