MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
I'm bumping the LBC200 doc for anyone interested
LBC DNA200 by Catfish Attymods

I'd like to wait for the LBC75 since that fits my style better, Tom please disregard the completed 200(said while ducking)

Do you FEEEEEL tardy?

tumblr_n3wq0yzBLp1roa7c8o1_500.gif

If I had hot teachers I would never have been Tardy :w00t:
Best Front-man they had imo...

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
... I'm leaning towards the 1850 single cell which will also be user replaceable as well as tiny. 40-44mm wide, for comparison the e8 is about 43mm wide, 40 watts and riddled with connection issues.

The user replaceable Lipo sounds great, and the width is slender even @44mm. :pop:

Drillerrt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2015
It's me again still can't get ss to work in temp control. Rebuilt the stumpy 26g 10 wrap around a 2.5 mandrel came out to .58 ohms. Tried the same build on the drifter. Same results. Tried to turn off pre heat and save the changes to my mod. It only fires to around 15w then temp protection kicks in. Could it be the wire? I got it from Lightning vapes. Back to power mode for now.

Dconnor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
Las Vegas

Unior

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2015
Tennessee
It's me again still can't get ss to work in temp control. Rebuilt the stumpy 26g 10 wrap around a 2.5 mandrel came out to .58 ohms. Tried the same build on the drifter. Same results. Tried to turn off pre heat and save the changes to my mod. It only fires to around 15w then temp protection kicks in. Could it be the wire? I got it from Lightning vapes. Back to power mode for now.
I don't have a LBC but I have tried 316L(Lightning vapes ) & 430ss(crazy wire co). I've used it with sxj chip(430) & Aulus chip(316) I've not had great results with either. I either have to set temp way to high or way too low. I'm going to try one more time & switch wires with chips & see what happens. Honestly just regular watt mode works much better. I've heard people rave about SS & temp but I just can't get it. I'm about to say the heck with it & jump on the NiFe30 or 48 train. I've got a crap load 25m each of 25,27 gauge 430ss.
If anybody here in the US has a few feet of NiFe30 & want to try some 430ss let me know & maybe we can trade a few ft.

jazzvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
USA

1. Open Device Monitor in eScribe to observe the temperature curve. Does it hit and hover at your Set Temperature?

If so, TC is working as designed. The over/under along your Set Temperature should be small (narrow). If the swings are large (wide) we can have another conversation.

2. With TC working as it should go to the Theme tab where under "Temperature Protected" you find three options: Show Message, Show Temperature, Don't Show.

I choose "Show Temperature" on ALL of my DNA 200 mods, not "Show Message".

In the DNA 40 days there was no eScribe and showing the message made some (minimal) sense. It is nothing to freak out about.

HTH

NatGasMan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
Not in Colorado yet!
Most of my ss wire comes from Advanced Vape Supply. I have some from LV, but haven't used it yet. I have been using the prebuilt Claptons from AVS. I love their 2X28g wrapped with 40g. I get the wire with an inner ID of 3.0 and 7 wraps.

Drillerrt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2015
1. Open Device Monitor in eScribe to observe the temperature curve. Does it hit and hover at your Set Temperature?

If so, TC is working as designed. The over/under along your Set Temperature should be small (narrow). If the swings are large (wide) we can have another conversation.

2. With TC working as it should go to the Theme tab where under "Temperature Protected" you find three options: Show Message, Show Temperature, Don't Show.

I choose "Show Temperature" on ALL of my DNA 200 mods, not "Show Message".

In the DNA 40 days there was no eScribe and showing the message made some (minimal) sense. It is nothing to freak out about.

HTH
1. It swings about 20 degrees either way. I have it set for 450 degrees and I've seen it as high as 480 and as low as 420. At 40 watts it only fires at around 10 watts when temp protection kicks in. Thanks for the help

Reactions: Kenna

NatGasMan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
Not in Colorado yet!
1. It swings about 20 degrees either way. I have it set for 450 degrees and I've seen it as high as 480 and as low as 420. At 40 watts it only fires at around 10 watts when temp protection kicks in. Thanks for the help

You are inhaling when it does that?

Reactions: Kenna
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread