Status
Not open for further replies.

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
Whatever flavors you want to try start out with small sizes. Many flavors have looked great in my cart. But very few flavors get bought in the 4 ounce sizes. I think I have 5 flavors that I buy in the large sizes.

1 ounce size maybe for vanilla, cream or sweetener. Everything else in littl 10-15ml bottles. Until you find your groove.

5150Marley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
Shhhh its a secret. ;)
Sounds like I might be better off ordering 1L of 36mg nic and a 500ml of 100mg... vs the 1L I was gonna get of 100mg.

500ml of 100mg will last me 2.28 years and the 1L of 36 will last 1.64 years... thats almost 4 yrs worth of nic at 12mg.

I think after a year I should be ready to deal with 100mg nic.. LOL

Now I need to recheck my PG/VG and flavor numbers...

Should I look at the Nude Nicotine V2 vs decanting a liter into 10 bottles?

5150Marley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
Shhhh its a secret. ;)
That would be good to stick into the freezer and forget about for a while.
You can always get a lesser mg in smaller sizes from vendors like ecigexpress to start your DIY.
:)

They wont blow up in the freezer? That's what I am worried about. And the last thing I need..

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
@5150Marley , I recently started DIY and I too was scared off of the 100mg nic, especially since I have some hand tremor. But realizing I would need twice the storage space/containers to store 50mg and 4 times for 25mg (just using easy numbers for clarity) to get the same amount of nic, I gave it a go. I had no problem breaking a liter down into smaller bottles for storage and usage. Being concerned and careful? Absolutely! But it is not nitroglycerin!

Whatever you decide, good luck and have FUN!

5150Marley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
Shhhh its a secret. ;)
Here what I ordered from Nude Nicotine... after overthinking the crap out of it ;)

- 1L of 100mg nicotine 50pg/50vg
- 1L of 35 mg nicotine 50pg/50vg
- 2.5L of VG
- 1L of PG

Still need some bottles and mixing supplies (Luer lock syringes w blunt tip needles)..

Wheres the best place to get those?

Maestro

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Windsor, Ontario
Syringes need to be cleaned. Get a scale and do it by weight. You can just drip into your bottle. No cleanup. For your flavorings that don't have a drip cap, get some pipettes and just throw them away. Scale, bottles and pipettes can all be bought cheap on Amazon.

Premium Vials B36-pk12 Boston Round Glass Bottle with Dropper, 1 oz Capacity, Clear (Pack of 12): Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Amazon.com: American Weigh Scales LB-501 Digital Kitchen Scale: Kitchen & Dining

Amazon.com: Plastic Transfer Pipettes 1ml, Graduated, Pack of 500: Kitchen & Dining

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Here what I ordered from Nude Nicotine... after overthinking the crap out of it ;)

- 1L of 100mg nicotine 50pg/50vg
- 1L of 35 mg nicotine 50pg/50vg
- 2.5L of VG
- 1L of PG

Still need some bottles and mixing supplies (Luer lock syringes w blunt tip needles)..

Wheres the best place to get those?
This vendor is having a 16% off sale until July 31.
Your One Stop Shop for Flavorings discount code = JFK

They have a variety of the stuff you mentioned including the luer lock syringes w needles and caps.
Boston Round Bottle with Luer Lock Cap and Needle
5 Pack Luer Lock Syringe Caps
You might get better prices on glass bottles on the links in the above post, but get them without the droppers in them. Get the ones with the poly caps for the bottles.
One stop always sends gloves and pipettes with each order along with something sweet

:)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
GlassBottleOutlet has super prices on all sizes of glass bottles, with the phenolic polycone caps. I compared them with 3 other places for price + S/H...GBO was definitely the cheapest.

Syringes, without needles or blunt needle tips, are extremely cheap at Tractor Supply if you have 1 of them nearby.

5150Marley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
Shhhh its a secret. ;)
GlassBottleOutlet has super prices on all sizes of glass bottles, with the phenolic polycone caps. I compared them with 3 other places for price + S/H...GBO was definitely the cheapest.

Syringes, without needles or blunt needle tips, are extremely cheap at Tractor Supply if you have 1 of them nearby.

Are these the bottles I am looking for?

http://www.essentialdepot.com/product/PK-CONT-GLASS-4OZ-WCAP-8PK.html

I want the ones with the phenolic poly caps...just want to be sure before I end up with the wrong style cap.

I need at least 20 of them so maybe order the 16 pack too...

http://www.essentialdepot.com/product/PK-CONT-GLASS-4OZ-WCAP-16PK.html

Maestro

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Windsor, Ontario

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I was goin to use them to put the 2 L of nic into.. should I go 60ml (50ml per bottle) instead and have more bottles? I vape maybe 4 ml a day of 12mg nic.
4 ml * 12 mg/ml = 48 mg a day.
A 120 ml bottle of 100 mg nic holds 12,000 mg.
12,000 / 48 = 250 days worth of nic per 120 ml bottle.

Given your usage, I might indeed go with 60ml bottles so as not to have one out, open, or partially full for as long.

Whatever size you end up using, you want minimal head-space (air) in each bottle.

5150Marley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
Shhhh its a secret. ;)
4 ml * 12 mg/ml = 48 mg a day.
A 120 ml bottle of 100 mg nic holds 12,000 mg.
12,000 / 48 = 250 days worth of nic per 120 ml bottle.

Given your usage, I might indeed go with 60ml bottles so as not to have one out, open, or partially full for as long.

Whatever size you end up using, you want minimal head-space (air) in each bottle.

Ok.. I think these will be what I need.

https://www.glassbottleoutlet.com/product/2-oz-amber-boston-round-with-black-poly-cone-cap-20400

Reactions: Rossum

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    I only make small bottles, but my working batch of nic is a 15 mL bottle for 100 mg or 30 for 36 mg. Usually not even filled to full. For me, 60 mL would be a good freezer bottle because it would take almost a year to use up, but you may use a lot more. Just saying, if you're thinking pulling a 60 or 120 mL bottle out of the freezer and working straight from it, I wouldn't. Just don't need that much out and it's safer. The only time I use gloves is when dispensing out a new portion of 100 mg working nic. Right now, I have a 1L plastic bottle (~25 years for me) in the freezer and no plans to break it up until ready to break the seal, which will be at least 6 months from now.

RE: ordering flavors, there are certainly flavors worth trying as single flavor mixes, especially if you drip. But the idea of looking at recipes first is still a good one. My first order I didn't get that much base as it seemed huge enough,only to realize that if I made a single flavor mix of every flavor I bought, I'd only be able to make 3 mL each ;) .

5150Marley

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 26, 2014
    Shhhh its a secret. ;)
    I only make small bottles, but my working batch of nic is a 15 mL bottle for 100 mg or 30 for 36 mg. Usually not even filled to full. For me, 60 mL would be a good freezer bottle because it would take almost a year to use up, but you may use a lot more. Just saying, if you're thinking pulling a 60 or 120 mL bottle out of the freezer and working straight from it, I wouldn't. Just don't need that much out and it's safer. The only time I use gloves is when dispensing out a new portion of 100 mg working nic. Right now, I have a 1L plastic bottle (~25 years for me) in the freezer and no plans to break it up until ready to break the seal, which will be at least 6 months from now.

RE: ordering flavors, there are certainly flavors worth trying as single flavor mixes, especially if you drip. But the idea of looking at recipes first is still a good one. My first order I didn't get that much base as it seemed huge enough,only to realize that if I made a single flavor mix of every flavor I bought, I'd only be able to make 3 mL each ;) .

Those 60ml will be for freezing then taking them out one by one... these wont be touched for awhile.

Gonna bubble wrap them and line the box with a black plastic bag so no light can get in the box... maybe wrap them individually if I can find some thin bubble wrap for FREE.

60ml of 100 nic will last me around 125 days...

I think that will be ok sitting out in a cool dark dry place till it gone while I mix up different batches of juice.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    60ml of 100 nic will last me around 125 days...

I think that will be ok sitting out in a cool dark dry place till it gone while I mix up different batches of juice.
    I'll suggest an alternate strategy:

When you get out one of those 60 ml bottles, mix it with 120 ml of PG or VG (whichever you prefer). Now you've got three 60 ml bottles of 33 mg/ml. Put two of them back in the freezer, and keep one out to use / work from. That way you've only got ~40 days worth of nic sitting at room temperature in a partially full bottle.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread