New and confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DogDriver

Aug 19, 2016
Michigan
I am so new and confused here. What are these Trophy things it says I got?
Is there a way to see the posts I have made?
How to you Tag someone? ( I ask as I was mentioned in some giveaway thing)
How do you PM someone?
Last, I need to post about a specific mod and saw a section for that... I think but not sure if I can post there. All the threads I found were closed.
HELP !!!

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Trophies are just a forum thing, you get one for reaching forum milestones like so many posts/likes. They don't really do anything.

To tag someone, put an @ in front of their name, like @DogDriver and they'll get a message that you mentioned them.

To PM someone, go to your inbox, conversations and Start a New Conversation and input their username.

You can have you settings set so that you "watch" any thread you post in, then you can click "watched threads" to see if there are any new posts to those threads.

Settings can be accessed from your profile page, click on your username. You can also see posts you've made from your profile page.

What mod were you looking to ask about? In a pinch you can post in general vaping and ask the mods to move it to the appropriate sub forum.

and Welcome to ECF!

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Bacc, The hover thing does not do anything at all on mine, no idea.
Thank you all for the help, only thing I could not find was the settings tab?
I clicked on each thread I started to watch it though. But I went to my profile and inbox etc, looked everywhere cant find the settings.
The hover thing is over your username that is in the upper right corner, next to your inbox, you can also click on it. Then it's Preferences.

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
Bacc, The hover thing does not do anything at all on mine, no idea.
Thank you all for the help, only thing I could not find was the settings tab?
I clicked on each thread I started to watch it though. But I went to my profile and inbox etc, looked everywhere cant find the settings.
Haha, Yeah, it doesn't actually work for me either, but if you click on your name the window will still come up. It's never worked for me, not since ECF started using the new forum software. I don't get the thread preview either when hovering over thread titles. Not sure what the problem is, there had been threads discussing it, but a soution was never figured out.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
I am so new and confused here. What are these Trophy things it says I got?
Is there a way to see the posts I have made?
How to you Tag someone? ( I ask as I was mentioned in some giveaway thing)
How do you PM someone?
Last, I need to post about a specific Mod and saw a section for that... I think but not sure if I can post there. All the threads I found were closed.
HELP !!!
dont worry about the trophy status thing too much,, a new poster can come along and posts non stop...gains 'points'.... but he may not be actually be adding information to the site....where someone who has been here years looks like a newbie because he hasnt posted much....yet he may have huge information to share.

as for the 'follow' tab,, it doesnt seem to work for me or i am doing something wrong or is a 'pay thing'.. it doesnt seem to highlight those people more to my view, or like 'twitter' put their posts in my feed. ignore feature works pretty good -if you find you cant stand to read any particular poster. (you can un-ignore them later)

Reactions: Rickb119

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
As for the mouseover not working, ensure you're not using something that prevents scripts from running on ECF. NoScript will definitely affect how the forum software works on your machine.
One other thing, I've experienced on a touchscreen laptop that the mouseover/hover doesn't work due to the touchscreen. I have it turned off most of the time when I have my keyboard and mouse plugged in, and it's fine then. So if you're on a touchscreen laptop (or monitor), that could be the issue with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread