image.jpeg

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
@drysprocket @Clo
if u dont mind me asking, what watt level ur vaping on with the 1.8?

I've found 14 watts to be perfect for my 50/50 sweet tobacco type juice with the airflow pretty damn near shut down.

I have another x coming tomorrow that I'm going to use for fruit juices with higher vg. So I'd imagine it'll be different, since I like a cooler vape with fruit.

Reactions: msh69

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I like my new Nautilus x. But I have too much throat hit. I'm using a 1.5 coil, 18mg liquid pg/vg, and 10 watts. What can I do?

18mg is likely the reason for the throat hit. I would lower it to 12mg. Also, higher VG liquids will usually give you less throat hit too. So like a 50/50 juice, will give you more throat hit, than a 70VG/30PG one. Generally speaking. So you may want to see what your juice is.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
I like my new Nautilus x. But I have too much throat hit. I'm using a 1.5 coil, 18mg liquid pg/vg, and 10 watts. What can I do?

Given that your watts are fairly low I'd try the new 1.8 ohm coils. I find that they give a cooler, more flavoursome vape and little throat hit (I don't like throat hit). Ymmv.

Reactions: seminolewind

Clo

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2015
Tuttle, OK
www.facebook.com
I agree! The 1.8 coils are working well for me too. Less throat hit and definitely more flavor for me. I purchased my first pack of 1.8's and switched my coil 10 days ago and it is still going strong and the flavor is still awesome. I was having absolutely no luck with the 1.5's. I know some people like them, but the 1.8's are making me a lover of my nautilus X tanks!

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Thanks. I found them and ordered one. Does the drip tip come off this nautilus x? I will get the 1.8 ohm, and try lower nicotine.
The drip tip is just a sleeve that slides over some o-rings on the male tip of the top cap. You just twist and pull to remove it from the top cap.

Reactions: seminolewind
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread