Rayon Wick - Better Flow, Flavor, Longevity, and Nic Hit!! - Pt.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
@Kaezziel did you get your Mage yet? I succumbed with everyone saying how the flavor edges out the Tornado Nano. Received it yesterday & haven't a clue how to wick it with rayon. I heard one person say that he tried with rayon he wasn't getting enough juice flow & too much rayon taste. @advancedvapesupply usually uses rayon but with the Tornado he had to use cotton, he said he's been using cotton on the Mage but when he does a tutorial on YouTube he will use rayon cos I asked.
I shutter at the thought but I might have to use cotton :eek: until someone can tell me how to with rayon.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
re-wicked my billow v3 plus and griffin today with some rayon and 2 different flavors (didn't bother washing the tanks cuz ain't nobody got time for dat) and they are tasting great after a few lower wattage break in vapes. The billow is filled with an old mix of a few different pre-made juices I need to use up and the griffin is filled with my first DIY that contains no tobacco/ry4 flavor and I couldn't be happier.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Dual Notch coils in the Genelocity Giant, pull the Rayon strand through and lop it off. Do it again on the other side and tuck in the corners. :D

With 15mm between the posts I could probably fit 4 notch coils in there... :lol:

Pics, or it never happened.:pervy:

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
@Kaezziel did you get your Mage yet? I succumbed with everyone saying how the flavor edges out the Tornado Nano. Received it yesterday & haven't a clue how to wick it with rayon. I heard one person say that he tried with rayon he wasn't getting enough juice flow & too much rayon taste. @advancedvapesupply usually uses rayon but with the Tornado he had to use cotton, he said he's been using cotton on the Mage but when he does a tutorial on YouTube he will use rayon cos I asked.
I shutter at the thought but I might have to use cotton :eek: until someone can tell me how to with rayon.

I did! I've been vaping the crap out of it since Saturday. I built it with 26g SS316L and have been running it in TC mode on the Sigelei Fuchai. First attempt leaked straight out the air slots on the bottom. I opened it back up and stuffed extra bits of rayon inside the chimney to "block" the four juice holes... wicks through just fine. No leaks, no dry hits, just hella tasty vape! This thing is a flavor monster and drinks juice like a drunken frat boy pounding beers through a beer funnel! I LOVE IT!!! It is my new favorite atty!

If ya can give me through the weekend, I'll tear it down and do a rebuild. I'll get some pics for ya and post 'em here on Monday. There's probably a better way to do it than the way I did, but it's been working for me for a almost a full week now...

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
@Heartsdelight I went ahead and did a wick change on the Mage. I'm gonna let it set for an hour or so and see if it develops any leaks, then I'll post some pics of how I did it... hopefully I can explain it well enough to understand, if not, I may have to try to figure out whether or not my phone is capable of shooting a decent video... LOL

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
@Heartsdelight I went ahead and did a wick change on the Mage. I'm gonna let it set for an hour or so and see if it develops any leaks, then I'll post some pics of how I did it... hopefully I can explain it well enough to understand, if not, I may have to try to figure out whether or not my phone is capable of shooting a decent video... LOL
Yay! Thanks so much! Pics would be great, a video even better :thumbs: appreciate it! But don't want to put you out.

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
May take up a coupla posts here, but this is how I wick the CoilArt Mage with Rayon. This is absolutely the best tank I have ever used for flavor, and cloud production is quite impressive as well. Actually better than ceramic coils in all aspects (except ease of installation ;) ).

Anyway... On With The Show!!

First, after you've wrapped your coils and installed them into your deck, pull the correct amount of rayon through for your desired coil size. I used 3mm coils with half the width of a strand of Sally's rayon. Then cut them off so that they are a little bit wider than the atty.
Insert Wicks.JPG

Next, fluff them so that they look kinda like a bowtie.
Bowties.JPG

Trim the tails just outside the radius of the build deck. You won't be cutting of very much of the density; maybe 1/4 of the overall thickness.
Trim Tails.JPG

For illustrative purposes, this is kinda how you want the tails to be oriented once you get the chimney on. Wrap both tails in around the outside of the post. I also found that juicing the tails makes the next step a bit easier, but it's a bit messy. ;) You're gonna get juice on yer fingers. :lol:
Illustration.JPG

Stand the tails straight up as best you can so that it'll be easier to get the chimney part on without trapping parts of the wick in the threads.
Point Tails Up.JPG

Install the chimney and screw it down. You'll have to pay attention to the 'keys' they are there to keep the juice holes aligned with the ends of the coils. The whole inner part of the deck will rotate as you screw down the chimney.
Install Chimney.JPG

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Next, you want to tuck the tails as I showed in the illustration above. Around the outside of the posts.
Tuck Tails.JPG

You should still have the small bits of rayon that you cut off when you trimmed the tails earlier. Use some of those bits now.
Extra Rayon Bits.JPG

Tuck them into the corners to help block of the inside of the juice holes.
Insert Bits.JPG

Check your juice holes... you should see nothing but rayon in there. There should be no open space or gaps. If there is, your atty will most definitely flood! Trust me... :facepalm:
Check Juice Holes.JPG

Now just put everything together and fill it up with juice... you're ready to find out what your juice really tastes like!!
Fuchai with Mage.JPG

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Nice tutorial, Kaz. Makes me like my KV2s even more! ;)

Yeah, I definitely hear ya on that one! This thing is a bit of a bear to get right, but I've never been happier with a tank. At least, for me, it is completely worth the headache once it's all said and done. :D

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Yay! Thanks so much! Pics would be great, a video even better :thumbs: appreciate it! But don't want to put you out.

If any part of that isn't quite clear enough, or if something doesn't work for ya, just let me know. I'll probably play with a few different ways to wick it, but that's about the easiest way that I could think of... fortunately, rayon is really forgiving and I didn't have to try a dozen different ways first. ;)

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
If any part of that isn't quite clear enough, or if something doesn't work for ya, just let me know. I'll probably play with a few different ways to wick it, but that's about the easiest way that I could think of... fortunately, rayon is really forgiving and I didn't have to try a dozen different ways first. ;)
I am truly blown away by how much effort you took to build & take pics for me! I sincerely appreciate it! Thank you sooo much! :toast:
I'll try it first thing in the morning! And will let you know how I make out. Keep me updated if you find a different way :)

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
I am truly blown away by how much effort you took to build & take pics for me! I sincerely appreciate it! Thank you sooo much! :toast:
I'll try it first thing in the morning! And will let you know how I make out. Keep me updated if you find a different way :)

It's really not a problem. I've done this a few times for different people/different attys. Gonna do one for the older style Hobo RDA either this weekend or early next week. :) You are most welcome, Heart! I'll be out over the weekend, but I'll check back in on Monday and see how the weekend went for ya. I'm sure it'll work out for ya! ;)

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
It's really not a problem. I've done this a few times for different people/different attys. Gonna do one for the older style Hobo RDA either this weekend or early next week. :) You are most welcome, Heart! I'll be out over the weekend, but I'll check back in on Monday and see how the weekend went for ya. I'm sure it'll work out for ya! ;)
Cyber hugs for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread