Status
Not open for further replies.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
I am truly blown away by how much effort you took to build & take pics for me! I sincerely appreciate it! Thank you sooo much! :toast:
I'll try it first thing in the morning! And will let you know how I make out. Keep me updated if you find a different way :)

Kaez is just that kinda guy. :wub:

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
yep,, and he is a Texan! :)
And so am I originally. Born in Angleton not far from you. Lived in Brazoria, Clute, Lake Jackson and Freeport when I was a child. Did my 4 yr. stint in the USAF in San Antonio and stayed there 10 yrs before moving to Austin where I lived for 14 more. I'm more Texan than Arkie for sure but it is beautiful here in the Ozarks.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Texas Ol' Home week here in the Rayon thread! :thumbs:

Sorry I'm not from or have never been... :D

Here is the deck of the Genelocity Giant with the two notch coils installed, excuse the poor quality pic.
EZhFZdOl.jpg

The VT75 will not run the pair hot enough so they really shine, it's not a mod made to be run at 75W constantly. I am going to need to find a build that will work great around 45W, some spaced parallel 28g SS430 maybe.

Or I can take out half (4) of the SS Cable feeder wicks, put the grub screws in to seal the holes and run it in single coil mode.

Last edited:

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar

Here is the deck of the Genelocity Giant with the two notch coils installed, excuse the poor quality pic.
EZhFZdOl.jpg

The VT75 will not run the pair hot enough so they really shine, it's not a mod made to be run at 75W constantly. I am going to need to find a build that will work great around 45W, some spaced parallel 28g SS430 maybe.

Or I can take out half (5) of the SS Cable feeder wicks, put the grub screws in to seal the holes and run it in single coil mode.

Wow, what a beast man! Yeah, it's probably going to need more than 75w to get that rolling. Nice job getting those flimsy notchies in there.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Wow, what a beast man! Yeah, it's probably going to need more than 75w to get that rolling. Nice job getting those flimsy notchies in there.
Thanks!
It just screams for 4mm Aliens or similar. I just don't have a mod that will take a 32mm atty and perform. I'd like to have a Lux or wait and see what the proposed dual 26650 HOhm Slice is going to be like.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Thanks!
It just screams for 4mm Aliens or similar. I just don't have a mod that will take a 32mm atty and perform. I'd like to have a Lux or wait and see what the proposed dual 26650 HOhm Slice is going to be like.

That Lux is nice. An RX 2/3 would run that build too. I'll have to read up on the Slice.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015

EZhFZdOl.jpg

Or I can take out half (5) of the SS Cable feeder wicks, put the grub screws in to seal the holes and run it in single coil mode.
I see a nice bed of rayon in there :thumbs:

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Holy cannoli's! Are the wire feeders for plugging up some of the holes if you don't want to use?
No the wires are the feeder wicks to bring juice up to the deck, and they wick like a charm.
There are grub screws to block off the holes if you want.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
No the wires are the feeder wicks to bring juice up to the deck, and they wick like a charm.
There are grub screws to block off the holes if you want.

Pretty cool design and it looks like the "Mother of all Gennys"!

I dare you to do 8 vert coils wrapped on torched stainless mesh wicks like we did our gennys back in the day.:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Pretty cool design and it looks like the "Mother of all Gennys"!

I dare you to do 8 vert coils wrapped on torched stainless mesh wicks like we did our gennys back in the day.:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:
That would be AMAZING... :w00t:

Unfortunately there would not be enough direct airflow for all the coils. It would also take me 3 days and a dozen batteries to work out all the hot spots! :eek: :D

I'd have to send it to jong yeol Kim, that dude can mesh build anything in a half hour. :lol:

I always wanted to try one of those Blackwood's with a Quad coil setup.
Black Wood Atomizer Clone / Genesis Quad Coil Atomizer / Black Wood Tank Clone
219_z.jpg

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
That would be AMAZING... :w00t:

Unfortunately there would not be enough direct airflow for all the coils. It would also take me 3 days and a dozen batteries to work out all the hot spots! :eek: :D

I'd have to send it to jong yeol Kim, that dude can mesh build anything in a half hour. :lol:

I always wanted to try one of those Blackwood's with a Quad coil setup.
Black Wood Atomizer Clone / Genesis Quad Coil Atomizer / Black Wood Tank Clone
219_z.jpg

It's not a dare if it's not difficult or embarrassing.:glare: More airflow = drill

Hey, I heard those Blackwoods are really sweet. My brother swears by his Origennies with a single horz coil.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
It's not a dare if it's not difficult or embarrassing.:glare: More airflow = drill

Hey, I heard those Blackwoods are really sweet. My brother swears by his Origennies with a single horz coil.
Sorry, I just don't have that kind of patience. I might pick up a Blackwood just to build the quad mesh over stainless build.

I do love my Origenny and I think I tried a horizontal once or twice but I don't like to use anything but mesh in it. #NoCottonInMyGenny
OLAQS3fl.jpg

My best Sat22 build was a perfect build.
OuoOycyl.jpg

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Arizona
I recoiled and wicked all my sub tank mini rbas with 30ga 316L at 2.5mm with the pharmacy rayon. I used the small hole rba in the protank 4 with short tails for less restriction on the holes. So far all are well. I was getting dry hits on 2 and flooded one on a car trip. Figured it had been a long time since I did these and it seemed like a good fix.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
@JeremyR Are you done stocking up?

b.m.Vaping MasterVerified MemberECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio

JeremyR is who i give credit to for me successfully converting to vaping,,i was struggling to stick with vaping because of chronic vapors tongue.. while i was still open minded to mixing things up i picked up some rayon...i am extremely happy i did.. because i dont get vapors tongue anymore.. i chain vape,,, so that means i am demanding a lot of juice through a coil,, cotton was becoming an old wet rug,, while rayon acts more like a pipeline for ejuice.

b.m.---------------
Pretty much the same here.I did not like the taste i got from the silica wicks in my first tanks at all,so i started using cotton really early on in my vaping journey.I got tired of the cotton taste really fast too,and i was constantly getting dry hits or vapors tongue.I seen the rayon thread about 6 months after i started vaping,and after trying it once,i haven't used anything else since.If i had not found out about rayon,i really doubt i would still be vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread