figured out what's been happening to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

louie325

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2015
made a post before about having anxiety/depression, figured the source of it and yep......vaping
off the bat i'm not saying vaping is bad, because i truly believe it has been a life saver for many. if anyone is having issues after starting vaping, especially with anxiety TALK WITH YOUR DOC

after trying different things(tanks, vg-pg%, flavors)...not wanting to go back to analogs. i started knit picking and over analyzing. came to the conclusion that i was indeed having nic over doses on a daily basis.
after testing a few theories
ONE rip, tut, drag or pull...however you wanna refer to it. is more than enough to satisfy my nic craving(takes a bit longer)...seems crazy but after testing and testing sure enough every time my nic craving set i would only allow myself one rip and not only did it kill my craving but also didnt give me any anxiety, racing heart, dizziness, panic attack nothing.....
guess it makes sense because with vaping its easy to keep on vaping, unlike a analog that when it finishes you toss it and thats that

maybe my tolerance to nic has dropped over the past 2 years of vaping

in no way shape or form do i have any scientific evidence and take what i say with a grain of salt...BUT if you are exp anxiety/depression
- def try lowering your nic
-try different vg pg ratios....a allergy to either one can def kick anxiety into over drive(same goes for flavoring...mine is strawberry i get hives if i vape a SB only liquid)
-vape at a lower W (i switched to a single coil rta vaping at 15w to 20w)
-try MTL... direct lung isnt always the best method of nic delivery
-start with one pull and titrate up if needed
-def up your intake of fluids

with all this being said....search for answers if you are exp issues and again always have a nice chat with your doc

Reactions: bnrkwest

louie325

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2015
I've had anxiety before but it never felt like this.
and i the reason why i say(believe) it's nic OD or nic related, was because if i refrain from vaping for about an hour give or take i have zero issues and the moment i vape more than i should the issues come back
also while smoking analogs no issues what so ever
if i keep my rips to 1 maybe 2 and wait a bit it'll def curve my nic craving without zero issues
but again i tested it a few times the moment i go a bit overboard i def feel ill with a bit of anxiety

ill admit it sounds crazy but i found what works for me

Reactions: celticluvr

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Of course if one is prone to anxiety... suddenly feeling twitchy would make one anxious.
Especially before identifying a cause.

You don't say what nic level you were, and presumably still are, using.
Perhaps it's substantially too high.

I've settled at a level where I can and do vape all day (not chain vaping though).
If I felt I'd vaped too much or felt twitchy... I'd put it down and/or start cutting back in my DIY.

Simples.

Reactions: celticluvr

VapePassion

Reviewer / Blogger
May 13, 2015
Denver, CO
It's well known that nicotine can cause anxiety or exacerbate it in people who already suffer from anxiety. I use to have very bad social anxiety issues when I was smoker, which would last for hours and even prevent me from leaving the house on a few occasions. It didn't happen every time I smoked, but it would only happen after I smoked. I was well aware of the cause, but I was addicted to cigarettes, so I suffered through it.

When I quit smoking in 2010, my anxiety pretty much disappeared completely. It was one of the first benefits I noticed. I still remember making a post about it on Facebook ;)

I started vaping again in 2015 and I've had two or three occasions where I've had anxiety issues after vaping high levels of nicotine, but I kind of expected it to happen due to my previous experience from when I was a smoker. I keep my nic levels pretty low to prevent it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread