Status
Not open for further replies.

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
Hey bud FYI you're in the wrong forum lol,this is for the Sapor rta ;-)

Really franck? Here is the title to this forum: (see the top of the page)
iJoy Tornado Nano w/ Chip Coil
Unless my computer is just wacko. Or I am in some parallel universe. Or, hmmm, I don't know...I posted this on the iJoy Tornado Nano w/Chip Coil page and it appeared on the Sapor rta forum just to mess with me?

Last edited:
Reactions: Petabread

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Aaaaand, I still haven't had the inclination to build the rba. The rayon rewicked .3 ohm twisted wire chip coil is just too good.
On my SXmini Q Class the chip coil reads .2873 ohms and I'm running it at 85-90w. The vape is friggin stellar! Flavor is on par with my Aromamizers and Limitless Plus, which is no small thing, and the cloud production is very dense and heavy.
I wish the tank was bigger but it's easy enough to top fill. Speaking of which, I found that vaping the tank dry before filling ensures that no leaking will occur when screwing on the top cap.
I'll get around to building the rba someday but if it ain't broke, why fix it? Bottom line is that the rba design is really no different than many others out there and I suspect it will have the same pros and conns as those.
Will the flavor improve by using the rba? It would be amazing if it did.

Last edited:

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Okay Cig...I'm going to put the chip coil in and see what the heck you are raving about! My chip coil is still in the box so I think I'll pull out the cotton, wash it up and put my own wick in. I'll let you know.

Right on brother. Don't think you'll be disappointed if you wick the coil tight with rayon and thin the tails about 30%. I've been trimming the tail length to about 3/16" outside the chamber wall then pull them inside and fold them down to block the juice holes.

Good luck

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
Just went through about half a tank with the chip coil and the included wick for a quick tryout. Not bad. I will withhold "judgement" until they break in a bit. But right now, I get better flavor from my builds on the rda deck. But those are clapton coils. I will rewick the chip coil with rayon later this morning and let you know. It is putting out clouds and I can vape at a higher wattage (therefore increased clouds) without the heat buildup using the chip coil. Took it up to 62 watts and started getting a bit dry and not keeping up with the heat. Nice at 50-52 with my NET cigar juice. I still get better flavor on the Merlin, Boreas, and even the Mage right now.

Reactions: cigatron

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
Okay Cig, couldn't wait. Removed the stock wicks...they were crap. Really packed in way beyond what is required for flow or to "seal" from leaking. Put in Japanese cotton nice and tight, pulled them all the way through the juice holes from one side to the other. Then pulled some back in on both sides, trimmed them from the outside, then snugged the tails up against the juice holes. Right off, I get better flavor and went up a few watts and my wicks keep up nicely. No leaking, good bubbles indicating fine juice flow. I will try rayon later this afternoon for a comparison. I trust your judgement on that.

Did you get the Boreas? That is truly my all-time fav. Solid as a rock. Flavor to die for. (sorry, off topic)

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Okay Cig, couldn't wait. Removed the stock wicks...they were crap. Really packed in way beyond what is required for flow or to "seal" from leaking. Put in Japanese cotton nice and tight, pulled them all the way through the juice holes from one side to the other. Then pulled some back in on both sides, trimmed them from the outside, then snugged the tails up against the juice holes. Right off, I get better flavor and went up a few watts and my wicks keep up nicely. No leaking, good bubbles indicating fine juice flow. I will try rayon later this afternoon for a comparison. I trust your judgement on that.

Did you get the Boreas? That is truly my all-time fav. Solid as a rock. Flavor to die for. (sorry, off topic)

Right on. The factory wicktails are too thick and long and just crammed in there. That's what prompted me to rewick and all I use these days is rayon so it was kind of an accidental discovery.
Don't have a Boreas (looks like an Aromamizer deck design with larger juice holes?) or a Mage (looks like an STmini deck design with larger juice channels?). The Merlin juice delivery looks interesting.

I'm still rock'n Aromas and Limitless Plus these days. I'm sure there's something better out there.

What kind of build and power are you running on your Boreas?

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Yup...smooth and consistent all the way through. I do refill when it gets to the juice holes though. Just top it off at that point.

I have to vape mine near dry to fill without leaking. That way the wicks absorb the juice that gets squeezed into the atty chamber while screwing on the top fill cap.
If you're not getting some leakage out of the afc when refilling before the wicks dry out some that tells me that you have more wicktail pressing against the juice holes than I do. That would also explain why I'm running mine at higher power levels too. My wicking is undoubtedly allowing air to enter the tank easier ie less tank vacuum = more juice flow while vaping.
Can't wait to hear your findings overall.

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
Reactions: skelley
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread