Are we doomed to "move forward" to the big bulky vapes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

orior

Aug 2, 2016
Hi all,
It seems we're on the end of the road as cig-a-like vapers.
Most of the vapers wanted big stuff, and now all they're making is big stuff. the bigger the better - clouds and other nonsense.
I myself am an ecab and eroll vaper. The ecab is also almost gone, but at least I can find non-joyetech batteries to fit to it.
With the eroll, I'm left with 2 extra batteries. once they're used out, it's bye bye eroll, cause right now there isn't a single place that sells eroll/eroll-c batteries that will ship to where I live. Even the joyetech store itself won't restock it.

[Removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

Downgraded286

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2015
Ohio
I got a kbox 40 and couldn't be happier with it. I started with the MarkTen which is a cigalike device, and was content with it until I moved on to eGo setups. Then I was content with those, until I finally bought my box on sale. 13w on a Vivi Nova is an excellent vape in my experience. Great with the Nautilus Mini too, but even up to 20w.

You can have a bigger setup and still not be pushing huge power. It's perfectly possible to connect even a small eGo tank to a box, turn the power down and vape with them. There's also plenty of low power 510 tanks available, too. While larger in size, tanks like the Smok NBC (which my fiancee uses) or the aforementioned Vivi Nova (which is what I use) work great at lower wattages. And then, of course, there's all sorts of tanks and whatnot designed to go all the way up.

Reactions: nicnik

ccm2000

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
California
I'm also looking for a replacement for my trusty eRoll. I just ordered this new NJOY kit today so I'll post back later with a review once I've tried it. The starter kit has 2 batteries, 1100 mAh charging case, and Micro USB cable for about $35US. Refill cartridges (set of 2) are $10. A bit pricey but NJOY has discount codes for web orders. May be a good solution for on the go or traveling.
NJOY Daily Recharge.png

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Hi all,
Most of the vapers wanted big stuff, and now all they're making is big stuff. the bigger the better - clouds and other nonsense.
I myself am an ecab and eroll vaper. The ecab is also almost gone, but at least I can find non-joyetech batteries to fit to it.
With the eroll, I'm left with 2 extra batteries. once they're used out, it's bye bye eroll, cause right now there isn't a single place that sells eroll/eroll-c batteries that will ship to where I live. Even the joyetech store itself won't restock it.

[Removed]

Since you didn't fill out the part of your registration here that tells where / what region or what country you live in, it is increasingly difficult to help people find stuff.

Plenty of places still have ecab and eroll in old inventory

however, you are totally right ...... the entire industry doesn't cater to people who like small vapes.............and vapers on forums keep phoo-phooing them, telling newbies how they don't want anything like a cigalike, that it won't work, etc. etc. just because it didn't work for them.

PLENTY of people are using them, and like them. And got off cigs using them and want to continue using them.

Last edited:

orior

Aug 2, 2016
Actually my first message is trancated. The admin here removed some of it cause apparently offering co-op buying isn't allowed in here. That makes my post looks weird and without a point to it.

Anyway, I live in Israel and as for now, it seemed like I found one seller who will sell me eroll batteries, but now he asks for my national ID for some reason, and it seems like a "too much information" issue, so I'm back to square one regarding the eroll..

orior

Aug 2, 2016
Since you didn't fill out the part of your registration here that tells where / what region or what country you live in, it is increasingly difficult to help people find stuff.

Plenty of places still have ecab and eroll in old inventory

however, you are totally right ...... the entire industry doesn't cater to people who like small vapes.............and vapers on forums keep phoo-phooing them, telling newbies how they don't want anything like a cigalike, that it won't work, etc. etc. just because it didn't work for them.

PLENTY of people are using them, and like them. And got off cigs using them and want to continue using them.

The problem as I see it is - An average cigalike like eroll guy, only needs to buy 1 battery every half a year or so, while the average big vapes guy, keeps experimenting and buys tons of big bulky stuff in that same time period.
Like you said, the big bulky stuff guy also encouraging newbies to not even bother to try cigalikes and buy a bulky mod.
That leads to the sellers approach that there is no demand, not bothering keeping erolls/ eroll parts in stock, and just kill them.

Too bad that's the attitude instead of keeping spare parts for the little market who needs them.
It mostly surprising for me that Joyetech themselves killing their eroll by not keeping eroll batteries in their US site. I guess they want to push us to switch to their AIO.

Reactions: Racehorse

cardsfan300

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2014
Florida
I also ordered the new njoy kit and a pack of carts to try it. I ordered it on Aug 7th and it says order is still fulfilling. Hope they get it to me soon, I want to try it. I just hope the carts last a while. 2 for 10 bucks without a coupon code is steep. If any one has tried this or gets it before I do, please review. I am interested in how well it works, I love the daily disposables.

telsie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2009
Maryland
Hi all,

Ugh. I'm with you. I'm dreading having to move on to some bigger device. I'm coming up on 7 years vaping and I still love the small stuff. For the past few years, I've been using the eRoll and an old school set up of 510 atomizer, a cartridge and mini eGo battery. Seeing that everything I like is being discontinued, I recently stocked up with about 6 months worth of supplies of those things so I don't have to deal with picking a new device for a while. Maybe by then there will be some other small ecig out there that I'll be happy with.

I'm also looking for a replacement for my trusty eRoll. I just ordered this new NJOY kit today so I'll post back later with a review once I've tried it. The starter kit has 2 batteries, 1100 mAh charging case, and Micro USB cable for about $35US. Refill cartridges (set of 2) are $10. A bit pricey but NJOY has discount codes for web orders. May be a good solution for on the go or traveling.

That looks great, but you can't refill them can you?

DawnBella

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
USA
Hi guys! Long time no post lol Check out MyVon ERL. Mini enough and more affordable then the J U U L. Easy to refill and tons of vape. Limited flavors and nicotine levels so I just refill. One pod can easily take 5 or more refills with no real loss of flavor.

Question about the NJOY Daily Recharge... what is the nicotine level? Is it the same liquid in the Daily disposable and are the batts. automatic no button? I asked NJOY, no reply lol

Last edited:

cardsfan300

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2014
Florida
I ordered a Njoy Daily recharge and 2 refills on Aug 7th and still has not arrived. From what I gather, it is the same juice used in the dailys which I love. I only use the dailys at the moment. I am excited and hoping the recharge is a good product. It looks to be automatic, comes with 2 batteries and a PCC. The price on the refills is a little high at 9.99 for 2, and it does not say how much is in the little tanks. With coupon codes, I am sure you can get the price down though and once they get it out I am sure they will have bulk pricing. My guess is that they offered it for sale to beat the 8/8/16 deadline. I got a response about 2 weeks ago and they said the stock should be arriving soon and i will get an e mail when it ships. She did say that it could take up to 28 days for a brand new product to ship. I am just hoping they are ready to go once it does ship, If I like it and it is cheaper to use than the dailys, I am hoping to use this set up going forward.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Yup. I even had a vendor (!!) try to talk me out of buying an eroll and an ecab about a year ago. THAT'S how "anti-small" the entire industry was a year ago. (coupled with the many posts in the new members forum that "cig-a-likes don't work".

See, this is what happens. When enough people keep repeating the same misinformation (i.e, something doesn't work for THEM so that means it won't work for anybody else) then it eventually affects R&D and sales. :(

The Joyetech eRoll was a much loved device in a gorgeous iphone-like pcc case, very smart, very portable, very useful. I am still amazed that it is slowly going away.

The industry made a mistake following the "clouds bro' " crowd because they don't realize just how MANY people use smaller devices and ciga likes.

The truth is that I believe big vaping devices, esp. in an era of regulation worldwide, will go away. So, essentially, by only developing "big vapes" the industry has shot itself in the foot because they could have been introducing more eroll-type devices into the market and yet they have't for 2-3 years now.

And the 0.5ml cartridges on the eRoll were perfectly fitting into the "less than 2ml tank size" that the requirements called for.

Mind boggling, really.

Really, I don't know anybody who wants to vape ostentatiously or carry large vape devices around........I think people forget that there are very few "hobby" vapers compared to just regular people who vape to quit smoking and discreetly carry little devices around, have professional jobs or jobs in medical or biotech where they are not allowed to vape or smoke, etc.

Reactions: four2109
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread