Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
Hey ByLeo family and friends...

Odd question:
Air tip

I could not, for the life of me, get the halves apart.
I couldn't even get the top to spin in the base piece.
Had to use the freeze and thaw method to separate the two halves.

Also, it doesn't seat properly in any of my Calix chimneys... Top O-ring doesn't even go down enough to seat.

Anyone else having this experience?

It's my first one, so I'm 100% open to this being MY error.

cbc68245f8278dbe88063f7661cede18.jpg

Mine was extremely tight but the old hot water, freezer trick with lots of sideways jiggling worked. As for the tip fitting the tank can't help.

Reactions: HBcorpse

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Mine was extremely tight but the old hot water, freezer trick with lots of sideways jiggling worked. As for the tip fitting the tank can't help.

Well damn.

I really like the way this tip would finish the look of the tank...I wanna use it so bad, but my OCD won't let me without it fitting the chimney.

I will say though, I tried the airflow difference.

Wow. A V1 with open air tip is almost as airy as a V2...why did people ask for the V2 to be created?
Different strokes for different folks!

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
Well damn.

I really like the way this tip would finish the look of the tank...I wanna use it so bad, but my OCD won't let me without it fitting the chimney.

I will say though, I tried the airflow difference.

Wow. A V1 with open air tip is almost as airy as a V2...why did people ask for the V2 to be created?
Different strokes for different folks!
I am an oring hoarder and keeper of spares. I have orings of every size so if one doesn't fit I just switch it. You can lightly sand the o-ring with high grit paper or nail buffing block.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I am an oring hoarder and keeper of spares. I have orings of every size so if one doesn't fit I just switch it. You can lightly sand the o-ring with high grit paper or nail buffing block.

I tried some different O-rings, but they didn't work...

So I took the O-rings off, and it still doesn't fit.

Hmmm...to power up my grinder or not?
[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

Reactions: Krisma

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
I tried some different O-rings, but they didn't work...

So I took the O-rings off, and it still doesn't fit.

Hmmm...to power up my grinder or not?
[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

Wait until Billie gets back. I am sure he will work it out with you

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Hey ByLeo family and friends...

Odd question:
Air tip

I could not, for the life of me, get the halves apart.
I couldn't even get the top to spin in the base piece.
Had to use the freeze and thaw method to separate the two halves.

Also, it doesn't seat properly in any of my Calix chimneys... Top O-ring doesn't even go down enough to seat.

Anyone else having this experience?

It's my first one, so I'm 100% open to this being MY error.
It is definitely not your error. Try putting the top part of the air tip on the Calix on its own. This way we will see if it is the chamber's or the air tip's fault. The o-rings might be the cause as well.
When we assemble the parts we wash them first. Some times derlin o rings can stick when they are wet. We will start sending the seperately to be sure that it doesn't happen. We are very sorry about it.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
It is definitely not your error. Try putting the top part of the air tip on the Calix on its own. This way we will see if it is the chamber's or the air tip's fault. The o-rings might be the cause as well.
When we assemble the parts we wash them first. Some times derlin o rings can stick when they are wet. We will start sending the seperately to be sure that it doesn't happen. We are very sorry about it.

Ok. I got the upper part of the Air tip into the chimney with absolutely no problem.
9344218fbc0ee7047b18b73197e1b78c.jpg

Fits like a glove, and turns the chimney with no problem.

To be clear, this is a Pico chimney.

Edit:
Upon further examination, the full tip assembly fits in my full size Calix chimney no problem.

The base of the Air tip does not fit in either of my Pico chimneys.

Last edited:

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Ok. I got the upper part of the Air tip into the chimney with absolutely no problem.

Fits like a glove, and turns the chimney with no problem.

To be clear, this is a Pico chimney.

Edit:
Upon further examination, the full tip assembly fits in my full size Calix chimney no problem.

The base of the Air tip does not fit in either of my Pico chimneys.
We will put a bottom part of the air tip in your order together with a couple of orings. This way you can see if it is the part or the orings :)

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
We will put a bottom part of the air tip in your order together with a couple of orings. This way you can see if it is the part or the orings :)

Outstanding Billie!!!

Thank you very much!

Have you run across any issues with the Air tip fitting the Pico chimney before?

When I hold both chimneys next to the full size chimney, the drip tip hold looks to be the exact same dimensions!

My guess is, it's this particular Air tip base.
It fits the exact same way in both Pico chimneys. There's no way I got two bad Pico chimneys!

Reactions: Billie-cig

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Does the authentic calix v2 not come with spare o rings and screws ? And two screws only in the four screw deck ?

A friend gave me his. Authentic. And it only has he bar and Allen. He did not use spares and confirmed it came with none.

Also his tank broke into s million pieces on small impact. Which is strange thing for a plastic tank. What's the material of the plastic? Macralon. Pmma ? Or plain old bpa containing polycarbonate?

So why the deck didn't have four screws with at least four more in a bag with one more black and one more red o ring. Surely tanks over $100 wouldn't short the customer on what equates to $.25 worth of spare parts right ? I mean that would be nickel and dining your customers to a ridiculous level.

As for the tank. Can the old glass one be purchased or only the expensive less stresmlined cage glass stuff ? I don't care for the look or what he weight will be.

I'm concerned to order a particular tank due to material and the way it broke. I'm surprised at the 2 screw no spares stuff.

The box is quite cheesy too with the logo
Rubbing off

And it is authentic purchased directly from byleo

So he gave up and felt it was a ripoff. Gave it to me to try and I will do so. But first impressions for him were awful and very bad for me too. Hopefully it's an anomaly. And mist of these go out with soared and the tanks are more durable. Plastic shouldn't shatter.

As for vape quality. I'll post back.

Compared to other boutique manufacturers I think some basic product things need to be addressed with the calix v2. If I lay over $100 and don't get s couple five cent I rings and screws I'm already going to be very annoyed. Before any weak tank issues

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Did you look under the foam on the bottom?

Yes. Only this and the two screws in the deck.

Does by Leo have a transfer of ownership like gp?

Are they responsive to support ? He tried to mail but got no response. Got annoyed and gave it to me. As we give each other Jesé kinds of things when. Don't work out.

70e18512dc2d68732337e7f2b43b8373.jpg

Little ironic that the packaging with quality vaping is rubbing off. Heh

Good manufacturers solve these issues even when devices are sold or gifted. Poor ones don't.

I'll contact then myself and explain it was given to me by a fiend.

Any info on obtaining s tank is helpful. Also. Is there a is vendor ? Buying a $15 plastic tank which costs $20 to ship as some places do is just silly.

kl34

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Montpellier, France

Are they responsive to support ? He tried to mail but got no response. Got annoyed and gave it to me. As we give each other Jesé kinds of things when. Don't work out.

Good manufacturers solve these issues even when devices are sold or gifted. Poor ones don't.

Any info on obtaining s tank is helpful. Also. Is there a is vendor ? Buying a $15 plastic tank which costs $20 to ship as some places do is just silly.

I don't know about the transfer of ownership, but ByLeo has always given me great support. I have three Calix.

I know that they have been moving into a new facility and have just re-opened today. Try contacting them through the form on the website. They will get back to you (probably within a day)

Reactions: Billie-cig

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
I don't know about the transfer of ownership, but ByLeo has always given me great support. I have three Calix.

I know that they have been moving into a new facility and have just re-opened today. Try contacting them through the form on the website. They will get back to you (probably within a day)

Great. THanks. Maybe during heir move my friend slipped through the cracks.

So it was mentioned to check. But. Do spares usually come with the device? Funnily enough I was given a clone of this device before the authentic. So I'd be very very surprised if no soared came with the authentic. Especially screws which are tiny and in at a 99 degree angle and must be prone to fall

I would think in this era of vaping no way someone chair g over $100 for a device wouldn't include spares.

As for the tank. It's hair weird that it would shatter. So does anyone know the material. Or can we get the old plain glass tanks anymore ?

Last edited:

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Does the authentic calix v2 not come with spare o rings and screws ? And two screws only in the four screw deck ?

A friend gave me his. Authentic. And it only has he bar and Allen. He did not use spares and confirmed it came with none.

Also his tank broke into s million pieces on small impact. Which is strange thing for a plastic tank. What's the material of the plastic? Macralon. Pmma ? Or plain old bpa containing polycarbonate?

So why the deck didn't have four screws with at least four more in a bag with one more black and one more red o ring. Surely tanks over $100 wouldn't short the customer on what equates to $.25 worth of spare parts right ? I mean that would be nickel and dining your customers to a ridiculous level.

As for the tank. Can the old glass one be purchased or only the expensive less stresmlined cage glass stuff ? I don't care for the look or what he weight will be.

I'm concerned to order a particular tank due to material and the way it broke. I'm surprised at the 2 screw no spares stuff.

Rubbing off

So he gave up and felt it was a ripoff. Gave it to me to try and I will do so. But first impressions for him were awful and very bad for me too. Hopefully it's an anomaly. And mist of these go out with soared and the tanks are more durable. Plastic shouldn't shatter.

Compared to other boutique manufacturers I think some basic product things need to be addressed with the calix v2. If I lay over $100 and don't get s couple five cent I rings and screws I'm already going to be very annoyed. Before any weak tank issues

Great. THanks. Maybe during heir move my friend slipped through the cracks.

So it was mentioned to check. But. Do spares usually come with the device? Funnily enough I was given a clone of this device before the authentic. So I'd be very very surprised if no soared came with the authentic. Especially screws which are tiny and in at a 99 degree angle and must be prone to fall

Your friend's experience sounds like the exact opposite of every purchase I've had with ByLeo.
Not common at all.

Billie will take care of whatever he can.

As for the stamp on the box: They do not make the boxes themselves. It's just packaging that has served its purpose of being strong enough to survive shipping.
AKA, it's not supposed to be a glorious hand crafted wooden box, individually built for each purchase.
Seriously, the box is NOT a measure of the quality of their goods, so leave that detail from your mind, my friend.

Spares can be purchased on the website, if desired, and the device itself should have come fully equipped to build...meaning all four screws.
If you have already reached out to Billie and/or the ByLeo team, they will take care of you.

Last edited:

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I've never had issues with byLeo's equipment, but over the last couple of years of using their stuff I've had questions. They have always responded, and quickly, to any questions I had. And everything I ordered did come with adequate spares. Puzzled by your or your friend's experience.

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Outstanding Billie!!!

Thank you very much!

Have you run across any issues with the Air tip fitting the Pico chimney before?

When I hold both chimneys next to the full size chimney, the drip tip hold looks to be the exact same dimensions!

My guess is, it's this particular Air tip base.
It fits the exact same way in both Pico chimneys. There's no way I got two bad Pico chimneys!
Most likely the case, because I measured some of them and they all have the same dimensions

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu

Rubbing off

We don't use polycarbonate, only plexiglass. Plexiglass breaking into a million pieces is a bit strange from a small impact.
We stopped making the fused glass tubes for a lot of reasons, so the only glass option is the Cage.
We used to put 2 spare screws for the SS cup in case someone lost one. Now that we have different lenghts we put 4 short ones on the SS cup and 4 long ones as spares. As accessories we give 4 screws, the spacer, an allen key, a screw for the air flow and 2 o rings for the pin, which get the most pressure.
The bag you are holding is missing some orings etc. If it was our mistake a simple email could have fixed it. We always fix anything we do wrong. We didn't get any emails. I personaly go over all customer emails and never go past any of them without a solution. You can see it here as well.
Also, we are constantly shanging our products to better fit our customers needs. That's why we have so many different editions of the Calix.
What makes it more expensive than others is not its fancy presentation.
It's the material, which is the best SS for vaping and more expensive and time consuming to process.
Most companies use 316L and not 304L like we do for those reasons and still offer their products at the same prices.
And no, the clones that say that are from 304L, they are not. They are from SS303 plain (tested). Of course some companies (Chinise mostly) use the worst materials, like aluminium, brass and nickel contacting the liquid which is extremely hazardous for the health (beacuse of anthrax, nickel, molybdenum, oxidization).
We know that we are a part of an industry that cares more about looks than the actual health of vapers and we have been blackmailed a lot of times for ruining their image by providing information about it (other cncs, stores, manufacturers). But we will continue to provide what we believe is best for the vaping community for as long as we can last :)
If you have any more questions, let us know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread