RTS Trivia Contests

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Vapin_Chemist

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
Our Category this week is SCIENCE!!! (My favorite :)) Ends Monday night and is for 600 points. Enjoy and have a great weekend!

1. What Scottish inventor has a unit of electrical power named after him?

2. What device is used for detecting and counting individual particles of radiation?

3. What moon is the largest in our solar system?

4. What is the most abundant metal in the Earth’s crust?

5. How many of the Apollo missions actually landed men on the moon?

6. For a blood pressure reading of 140/92, what pressure does the 92 signify?

7. What is the informal term for the saline fluid secreted by the lachrymal gland?

8. The atomic number for nickel is 28, which means that each atom contains 28 of what two different types of particles?

9. What Roman invention was used to supply water to far-reaching cities of the empire?

10. What are James D. Watson and Francis Crick credited with discovering?

11. Which constellation contains the “Big Dipper”?

12. What is the only noble gas that starts with the letter “K”?

Reactions: Debadoo

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
To All,

Based on new FDA regulations this will be our last contest.
Really appreciate the contests you've been doing!! Was really hoping since y'all did points instead of product that this wouldn't affect you. Hope y'all will be ok with all the stoopit damning. :wub:

The_Vapin_Chemist

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
Hello everyone! I would just like to say that I (as I'm sure most of you are) am sad to see the trivia go,:( but please stick around on the forum. We love talking DIY and I am always taking questions over on the Ask the Chemist thread.

I will also say, if you want to see trivia come back, please support our advocacy groups and contact your representatives.

Without further delay, the winner of our last trivia is @JeremyR! The points have been added to your account. Thanks to everyone for playing, see the answers below.

1. What Scottish inventor has a unit of electrical power named after him?
a. James Watt

2. What device is used for detecting and counting individual particles of radiation?
a. Geiger Counter (Developed by Hans Geiger)

3. What moon is the largest in our solar system?
a. Ganymede (Moon of Jupiter)

4. What is the most abundant metal in the Earth’s crust?
a. Aluminum

5. How many of the Apollo missions actually landed men on the moon?
a. Six (Apollo 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, and 17) (I don't believe so either Jeremy :lol:)

6. For a blood pressure reading of 140/92, what pressure does the 92 signify?
a. Diastolic Pressure

7. What is the informal term for the saline fluid secreted by the lachrymal gland?
a. Tears

8. The atomic number for nickel is 28, which means that each atom contains 28 of what two different types of particles?
a. Electron and Protons

9. What Roman invention was used to supply water to far-reaching cities of the empire?
a. Aqueduct

10. What are James D. Watson and Francis Crick credited with discovering?
a. The structure of DNA

11. Which constellation contains the “Big Dipper”?
a. Ursa Major or “Big Bear”

12. What is the only noble gas that starts with the letter “K”?
a. Krypton

randyith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Hi Everyone,

We stopped these contests because the new FDA rules do not permit us to give away product. Since several people were disappointed with the end of the contests we found a legal way to resume them. For the winner of future contests we will offer a 90% off coupon good for one use on up to $150.00 worth of product. We hope this makes it interesting to participate in the future contests which will begin some time the week of September 18th.

Thank you for all your support,

Randy - RTS CEO and Owner

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Hi Everyone,

We stopped these contests because the new FDA rules do not permit us to give away product. Since several people were disappointed with the end of the contests we found a legal way to resume them. For the winner of future contests we will offer a 90% off coupon good for one use on up to $150.00 worth of product. We hope this makes it interesting to participate in the future contests which will begin some time the week of September 18th.

Thank you for all your support,

Randy - RTS CEO and Owner
oh that's wonderful!!! The contests are a lot of fun, and wow, what a great deal!! :wub:

The_Vapin_Chemist

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
Alright everyone, here is our first trivia back and we are talking about food! Contest will run through Thursday night and the winner will be announced on Friday. Good Luck!

1. According to the Curtiss Candy Company, after whom was the Baby Ruth candy bar named?

2. What is the source of the tails in oxtail soup?

3. What is a Welsh rabbit?

4. What is the most common main ingredient in mock turtle soup?

5. Where were English muffins invented?

6. What percentage of buttermilk is butter?

7. Why are some olives green rather than black?

8. After whom is the Caesar salad named?

9. What is sweetbread?

10. Why should Americans possibly not serve red wine at room temperature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread