Vertical build on a Limitless RDTA Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatingman

Sep 18, 2016
d699a23ba00ab94fd8f1dd7b5384a04f.jpg

If this is the deck design, then I know you can physically build and install vertical coils. Im just not sure about the wicking. Looks like the fluid is down in a sump below the coil deck, and it appears that wicks need to dunk down in the corners.

Its worth a shot or two, but you will probably get a few dry hits in the trial and error.

Might try building an angle into the coils maybe like 45 degrees to direct the wick back to the sump. But, not sure how well it'll work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Khanninnarh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2016
d699a23ba00ab94fd8f1dd7b5384a04f.jpg

If this is the deck design, then I know you can physically build and install vertical coils. Im just not sure about the wicking. Looks like the fluid is down in a sump below the coil deck, and it appears that wicks need to dunk down in the corners.

Its worth a shot or two, but you will probably get a few dry hits in the trial and error.

Might try building an angle into the coils maybe like 45 degrees to direct the wick back to the sump. But, not sure how well it'll work.

Hi. Thanks for the reply. You are right, the cotton gets bunched up under the coil. And it has to split to go into the ports. Perhaps the angled build will work.

Heatingman

Sep 18, 2016
Hi. Thanks for the reply. You are right, the cotton gets bunched up under the coil. And it has to split to go into the ports. Perhaps the angled build will work.

Try not bunching up the cotton. Leave it more rope like, and direct it to the corners (maybe just 2 corners) Too much cotton will effect how well the wicking to the coil is done - like it holds onto it where its bunched up.

I also like to run one continuous wick on vertical builds, bridging from one coil to the next over the top of the deck, seems to help keep things balanced.

But you will probably just have to spend an hour or 2 trying different wick and coil patterns till you like it. Every RTA seems to like something slightly different. And that deck almost looks like a genesis type design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread