RDA Is my rda safe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webbo

Sep 22, 2016
hi guys benn vaping a year or so now and have just ventured into the world of rda's. I have just done my 1st build on a royal hunter mini sat on a jay bo Rx 2/3 mod. Have used 26 gauge kanthal twisted and it comes in at 0.36 ohms. Used at between 30 and 40 watt is seems to get really hot quickly is this normal or have I done something wrong is pulling around 8.7 amp. Thanks

Ongeslepen

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Amsterdamaged
Yup.. it's normal. There is an heating element in your RDA (the wire...) .... So it does get warm. Some rda's will get hotter then others. Design makes a difference.

But without calculating 0.36ohm and 40 watts on the rx 2/3 should be safe. Assuming you are using good batteries.

I'm more of a RTA user then RDA. And some of my tanks for example the aromamizer gets hotter then let's say my bachelor tank. I'm pretty sure it's because of the difference in tank design, so i'm assuming it's the same with RDA's.

Also the aromamizer sits flush on my wismec mod, which means the tank transfers it's heat quite easy to the mod making my mod suspiciously warm/hot. While when i use the tank on.. lets say the cuboid, it doesn't sit flush and hence.. my mod does not get hot..

Design..

Webbo

Sep 22, 2016
Yup.. it's normal. There is an heating element in your RDA (the wire...) .... So it does get warm. Some rda's will get hotter then others. Design makes a difference.

But without calculating 0.36ohm and 40 watts on the rx 2/3 should be safe. Assuming you are using good batteries.

I'm more of a RTA user then RDA. And some of my tanks for example the aromamizer gets hotter then let's say my bachelor tank. I'm pretty sure it's because of the difference in tank design, so i'm assuming it's the same with RDA's.

Also the aromamizer sits flush on my wismec mod, which means the tank transfers it's heat quite easy to the mod making my mod suspiciously warm/hot. While when i use the tank on.. lets say the cuboid, it doesn't sit flush and hence.. my mod does not get hot..

Design..
Yeah using fairly new lg batteries always charged on a nitecore charger maybe I got beginner nerves just want to be safe rather than sorry was thinking it may not be wicked to well also

Schue

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2015
Texas
As the others have already pointed out, it is normal. Open up your airflow if you are chain vaping. This will help with the temps on your RDA.

If you like cooler vapes, build higher ohm coils. I am currently using a single coil clapton build at .76 and 40 watts and the vape is cool as a cucumber and still produces awesome flavor and vapor.

You don't need the lowest ohm coil and high watts to chase flavor and clouds :)

Reactions: jersey_emt

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
If you like cooler vapes, build higher ohm coils. I am currently using a single coil clapton build at .76 and 40 watts and the vape is cool as a cucumber and still produces awesome flavor and vapor.

You don't need the lowest ohm coil and high watts to chase flavor and clouds :)

Agreed. I have been running a single 0.65 ohm twisted core Clapton build in my Goon for the past week, and it delivers excellent vapor and flavor at 50-60 watts while remaining cool. It is a better vape with more flavor, more vapor, and less heat than a traditional 24 gauge dual coil build at similar wattages.

Reactions: Schue
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread