Wiiiire questiiiions!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapingVro

Sep 2, 2016
Killa City
Like to see you make a coil using only 40G wire :pervy:.
The resistance is going to be really high, but if you are using it as a wrap on a clapton for instance that doesn't matter.
Yeah I know it's good for claps haha, but hey do you know the resistance per like 6 inches or what wire would be 1 ohms per like.. 2 wraps?

DangVape

Verified Member
Jul 9, 2015
Montreal, QC, Canada
Reactions: SLIPPY_EEL

VapingVro

Sep 2, 2016
Killa City
Steam Engine Advance coil So 40 G would Kanthal 7,3508 Ohm/Inch so do the math for 6 inch
Or
Wire wizard give similar physical spec in SI tho.

Steam Engine Wire Wizard Setup however you want. For example Put 2 warp 1/8" inner dia no leg for the sake of just coil resistence. So 32g is 1ohm per 2 wrap 1/8" inner Kanthal.
Ight bang answered my question thank ya. Hopefully this applies to SS316 haha

whiteowl84

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2016
Use wire wizard on steam-engine.org using Chrome (if on Android)

Set number of wraps to 0 and input the length in the leg length.
I'd do it for you too but there is no material in the op.

I use it so much, I set it to my home screen. It will still function off-line on the page you set to the home screen. Mine goes to wizard.

VapingVro

Sep 2, 2016
Killa City
Use wire wizard on steam-engine.org using Chrome (if on Android)

Set number of wraps to 0 and input the length in the leg length.
I'd do it for you too but there is no material in the op.

I use it so much, I set it to my home screen. It will still function off-line on the page you set to the home screen. Mine goes to wizard.
Yeah man imma download the app because even in Chrome on my.phone it messes up a lot

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
The Royal Hunter RDA, and my CCI Centurion my man

Something else to ponder over is the Royal hunter has guillotine style posts and screws which may cut thin wires, even 32g will cut easily, there are a lot of rda's on the market that have posts/screws set up so as they squeeze or snug the wire without cutting, as an example you have the Velocity rda but even using a Velocity you would have to make sure your main wire is centralized in the post holes as you tighten up the screws as thin wire can slip into the side of the post screws what with the small screws in comparison to the post holes, even 26g in my velocity rda's can slip out of place.
If you've already ordered your wire and you get problems with it being to small you can also take a good bunch of it and twist it up or get something like 28 or 26g and clapton your smaller wire on to that.

Good luck with it and let us know what you finally do :)

Last edited:

VapingVro

Sep 2, 2016
Killa City
Something else to ponder over is the Royal hunter has guillotine style posts and screws which may cut thin wires, even 32g will cut easily, there are a lot of rda's on the market that have posts/screws set up so as they squeeze or snug the wire without cutting, as an example you have the Velocity rda but even using a Velocity you would have to make sure your main wire is centralized in the post holes as you tighten up the screws as thin wire can slip into the side of the post screws what with the small screws in comparison to the post holes, even 26g in my velocity rda's can slip out of place.
If you've already ordered your wire and you get problems with it being to small you can also take a good bunch of it and twist it up or get something like 28 or 26g and clapton your smaller wire on to that.

Good luck with it and let us know what you finally do :)
Thanks for the info man and forsure. Ibe honestly only cut one wire before with these grub screws on my Royal Hunter but I know what ya mean, my 28g just SNAPPED! And I do have the Tobeco Velocity Clone but have never had any clipped leads from that, maybe I just over tightened. But I honestly think I might go for 32-34 gauge as it's only 1-4 wraps for a single ohm. So I might do that and put a quad in my Centurion and try a quad in my RH as well, if I knew how to uploads pics here I would show for sure. But won't have this wire for I'd say 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread