Status
Not open for further replies.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Good morning, Voltmaniacs.

I should be on the ecig computer thread:) We are working out the kinks of how to stream programming to the TV. However, it is mostly working.

The weather is beautiful. I am working on winterizing the goat huts and the horse pen. We won't need the heated bucket for at least another month but the plywood can go up for the horses and the goats are getting the giant dog hut I made out of scraps 10 years ago. It's still going strong and we have igloo doghouses now. The goats have a real shed but if someone gets pushed out, the giant doghouse will give the lonely goat somewhere to get out of the wind, rain and snow. Plus, it is fun to jump up on top of....if you are a goat.

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Good morning, Voltmaniacs.

I should be on the ecig computer thread:) We are working out the kinks of how to stream programming to the TV. However, it is mostly working.

The weather is beautiful. I am working on winterizing the goat huts and the horse pen. We won't need the heated bucket for at least another month but the plywood can go up for the horses and the goats are getting the giant dog hut I made out of scraps 10 years ago. It's still going strong and we have igloo doghouses now. The goats have a real shed but if someone gets pushed out, the giant doghouse will give the lonely goat somewhere to get out of the wind, rain and snow. Plus, it is fun to jump up on top of....if you are a goat.
    I miss our goat. We had a big ol' goat named Ziggy. They told fiance's father that ziggy was a briar goat, NOPE he was a huge mountain type goat. I loved getting out in the yard and wrestling with him. He'd run at me with his head down and try and .... me with his horns. I'd grab him at the base of the horns and he'd push at me and I'd push at him. He loved it. If I ignored him he'd 'sneak' up behind me and horn me in the heinie. :lol::shock:

Sadly we had to give him up because our ex neighbors, remember same property, always had company and Ziggy liked to .... those people. (They deserved it! :sneaky: ) He never hurt anyone though. :(

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    Sitting down, facing forward.
    'moanin, Volties.

Fall is definitely arriving in the Garden State. It was 44 when I got up this morning, kind of "brisk" for shorts, but it's almost 60 already. We might get to 75 or so which is nice.

More puppy pics at one month old.

Our boy -

First meal besides Mommy's milk -

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012
    Oh my, that is an adorable puppy! He'll be coming home before you know it now!

Today is mini horse driving at Lake Lahontan. Looking forward to it! Such a nice group of ladies and it will be a gorgeous day topping out at 80 degrees. Wish me luck. I'm driving the truck and trailer. Hubby is staying home to work on his axle swap for the short bed 4 wheel drive Chevy. He has vacation this week and I am very impressed at his dedication to getting this huge, complicated job done.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012
    I miss our goat. We had a big ol' goat named Ziggy. They told fiance's father that ziggy was a briar goat, NOPE he was a huge mountain type goat. I loved getting out in the yard and wrestling with him. He'd run at me with his head down and try and .... me with his horns. I'd grab him at the base of the horns and he'd push at me and I'd push at him. He loved it. If I ignored him he'd 'sneak' up behind me and horn me in the heinie. :lol::shock:

Sadly we had to give him up because our ex neighbors, remember same property, always had company and Ziggy liked to .... those people. (They deserved it! :sneaky: ) He never hurt anyone though. :(

Goats are cool. Very curious and definitely characters.

Tritium

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 12, 2013
    Your nearest hydrogen bomb.
    LOL!
    You got me Yanks!
    I went to a mountain with my bro and we found mushrooms.
    14495408_10210004861815880_6387465026431746619_n.jpg

14484695_10210005067661026_6610466463143086450_n.jpg

14494675_10210005099901832_813760708965561626_n.jpg

We found many of the orange ones. Amanita caesaria very tasty and "rare"

Still alive with free food lol

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012
    LOL!
    You got me Yanks!
    I went to a mountain with my bro and we found mushrooms.
    14495408_10210004861815880_6387465026431746619_n.jpg

14484695_10210005067661026_6610466463143086450_n.jpg

14494675_10210005099901832_813760708965561626_n.jpg

We found many of the orange ones. Amanita caesaria very tasty and "rare"

Still alive with free food lol

Been wondering where you are at, Kon. It's always good to see someone going out to the woods. Those are amazing mushrooms. Did you really eat them?

SandySu

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 24, 2011
    Trumansburg, NY
    Today, Bill & I went out to brunch at a new restaurant/bakery in town. It was good, but they don't serve anything but sandwich-type stuff at dinner, which is usually when we go out to eat, so I doubt we'll go there much unless they expand their dinner menu.

Meanwhile, the tutoring is going fairly well, though the other girl, who needs the most help, has stopped, so now I have only the 3 kids from the original family. I think the girl stopped because her mom can't afford it, though I made my price as cheap as I thought I could. Still, I want to charge for this service, though not much, and I think it makes clients value more what I do than if I charged less. Is that weird or what? But if I charged that mom less, just sort of volunteer work, then the other mom would think it's unfair, since she'd have to pay more, and since they are friends, they would compare notes.

Meanwhile, I've got a bee in my bonnet about taking the kids to Howe Caverns next year when they accumulate the stones for a trip, but I think they will want to go to the Easter egg hunt again. That should mean late summer before another trip. Their mom suggested going back to Niagara Falls, but they have been there, done that. Why go back? I'd rather take them to the zoo in Syracuse (they have never been to a zoo) or the rescue place in Watkins Glen where they have farm animals, or the cave.

I've been thinking about how the Chinese parents deal with their kids. Unlike me, when I raised my daughter and thought that taking her places to see different things was part of her upbringing, they don't seem to think so. They work hard and take little time off, and I think their children are on a lower rung of priorities than I'm used to. If the parents want to go someplace, the kids would go along, but it's not like they think up places the kids would like and take them there just for the sake of the kids.

The kids have often asked to go see the ocean, and the parents often go with them to NYC. It's just a subway ride to the ocean to take the kids there, but they stay in Chinatown, often boring the kids, while the parents do whatever they do in the city while they are there.

I have mentioned to their mom how they could go see the ocean, but it has never happened.

If they were my kids, I'd have taken them to Coney Island or Brighton Beach on the F or D train for a look at the ocean, even if I couldn't afford a hotel to change in and out of a bathing suit. I'd have figured out how to let them see what they are curious about.

Tritium

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 12, 2013
    Your nearest hydrogen bomb.
    Been wondering where you are at, Kon. It's always good to see someone going out to the woods. Those are amazing mushrooms. Did you really eat them?
    Maybe today, if i die burry me with my pc. :D:D

Happy birthday Wuzz :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread