Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Lai

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2013
China
www.ave40.com
What do you expect from a newly launched mod that largely resembles its predecessor?

vaporesso Tarot PRO Intro
1-160ZGT044315.jpg

Vaporesso was better known for its tanks until its two TC box mods including Tarot 200VTC, if not with totally positive comments. Tarot 200 VTC has come with a considerable amount of disputes, e.g., no USB port for firmware upgrade in a world that embraces new technologies almost everyday. Vaporesso Tarot Pro is similar to its predecessor in many aspects, but great improvements do have been made. By the standard of what a 2016 mod is capable of, the Pro is qualified with its six output modes: Smart/VW/CCW/VT(Ni200/ss/Ti)/CCT/TCR/Bypass.
Price
1-160ZGT113634.jpg

I found several varing offers of Vaporesso Tarot Pro , before purchasing please make sure firstly that they do have stock, secondly whether the products are original or not. Besides, take into consideration the cost of the shipment and warranty period.
Vaporesso Tarot Pro Specs and Features:
Dimensions: 93x57x23mm
Temperature Range: 140C’-315C’/280F’-600F’
Output Wattage: 5w to 160w
Suitable Atomizer: 0.15 - 5 ohm
Casting: Zinc Alloy, Aluminium Alloy and Carbon Fiber
Weight: 200g
Thread: 510 thread
Display: 0.91'OLED
Standby Current: <50
Voltage Range: 0 - 8.5 v
Battery Cell: 2x Lithium 18650
160W output
TC modes (Ni, SS, Ti).
CW functions

Product link: Vaporesso TAROT PRO 160W TC Box MOD

Aesthetics and Build Quality
1-160ZGT13X59.jpg

In general, the device is inviting, the colors of carbon fiber and zinc alloy are well-coordinated among all three of them, adding a sense of gentility to the mods. The darkest one is my favorite. I like it that their shapes are not totally rectangular, the four corners are softened into slopes while the surface of the back and rear covers are also with slanting edges. Regular form factor by first look, but not dull and inflexible when take a closer look, assuming subtle details in a disciplined foreground.
Comparison
1-160ZGT216262.JPG

Tarot 200W gets four colors, Tarot Pro 160W three colors. I now have a white Tarot and an all-black Tarot Pro. By naked eye, they are not only of the same overall size but also of the same design language except for few details. They weigh more or less the same, holding one in each hand, I can’t tell the difference if I close my eyes.

1-160ZGT249394.JPG

The Pro gets an USB port at the back, which means on board charging is available while the 200VTC is not. What’s more important is that the firmware is upgradable as the current market is flooded with all kinds of new products and technology renews from now and then, a blink might lead to the failure of keeping up. For the charging part, I would not vape while this thing is plugged anyway, couldn’t say it’s a merit but it is indeed lighter when less spare batteries are sinking in my pockets. Besides, typeface and logo of the Pro are prettier to me.

1-160ZGT313H3.JPG

Same button and screen placements. Large regular hexagonal fire button on top and two smaller up/down buttons together with a narrowed button below the screen. All buttons are standing firmly, tactile and responsive, zero sign of rattling. The smallest button is to access different modes, making things much simpler, just like Tarot 200 VTC.

1-160ZGT33L93.JPG

These are the insides of the two battery doors, have to say, the inside of the Pro I’ve got is a little bit rougher than its predecessor’s in terms of machine work, even though both of them are left with machining marks. But the thick shells and strong magnets have made up for that. The only difference, or what’s new is the two string-shaped attachments, they are protruding on the batteries to further prevent any hint of battery movements. The rest of them, as far as I can see, are pretty much the same.

1-160ZGT4095E.JPG

In fact, I shift their covers, both fit snugly, even the magnets. Seems like if you have the elder device but prefer the cover of the Pro, you can just switch them for a change, vice versa.

1-160ZGT4364b.JPG

Neat internal structure, the right one is the Pro, and the left one is the first version. The latter has get few sign of abrasion yet. Same numbers and shapes of vents on the right; Same placements of magnets; spring-loaded gold-plated cell buttons; same cell installment according to the negative and positive signs.
The two 18650 batteries are to be placed in opposite directions. There is not a ribbon as an assistance for battery removal, I have to use my finger nails/tips for help. Kind of difficult since the battery are held tight. In fact, I accidentally scratched the edge of the wrap paper. But it is not a problem to me though.

1-160ZGT45I45.JPG

Gold-plated and spring-loaded center pin of 510 connector. The device is 23mm in thickness, and any tank get a larger diameter will overhang, no affection of performance though, only an aesthetics issue. Have to say that any crack between the tank and the door will let through some liquid, especially when the juice explodes. This one does that too, better open the cover and wipe out the leakage regularly according to the type of tank you are vaping.

1-160ZGT515911.JPG

Same ventilation holes, only difference is that the Pro move its CE and dustbin sign to the bottom.
Chip
1-160ZGT544464.jpg

This mod comes with a OMNI chip that is more accurate than that on the first edition and is to offer a range of this year’s popular features and some new elements. This chipset is what has made the Pro upgradable and customizable.
The Tarot Pro outputs max. 160W with a similar menu set up as the Tarot 200VTC . but it has acquired some new settings as well, among which Smart, variable Wattage, temperature regulation and bypass modes are very attractive.
Smart Mode
1-160ZGT610312.JPG

The Tarot Pro is a Smart VW mod, which means an suggested wattage will be offered when a tank is attached. For users unfamiliar with a certain heating elements or coil type and not quite sure to take what kind of output power setting as a start, this mode is very helpful. But the suggested wattage might not be extremely accurate, users might need to adjust it up or down and check the difference before sit with a preferred choice. The adjusted setting will be saved thereafter, if the device goes to sleep or is powered off, the changed wattage will stay, which means, if you start the Pro again, the tank will work at the last wattage you’ve set.

1-160ZGT634162.JPG

I grabed a Protank 4 by Kanger near me, the recommended output is 32W. But it was too low for me as the tank is not fully awake. I tried a 50W, much better. I waited for 10s so that the device could take a nap and woke it up and find the wattage is 50W, very convenient. If I have to adjust it every time I’m about to vape, I’d lose my mind.
CCT & CCW
They are two new features of the Tarot Pro. CCT stands for Customized Curvature of Temperature, CCW for Customized Curvature of Wattage (CCW).

1-160ZGTF3237.JPG

CCT is to program the ramp up temperature, it is an advanced version from VT. Users could program higher temperature to fully and quickly prepare the coil and lowers the heat after that to allow the atomizer work at proper conditions.

1-160ZGTT1Y6.JPG

Press the smallest button in Wattage Mode then there will be two options of VW and CCW. CCW is to adjust the ramp up time of the wattage.
Bypass mode
1-160ZGTQA27.JPG

The bypass mode allows the device to jump out of the tempered mod work as a mech-mod. Tried it, very nice.
Verdict
1-160ZGT920Z4.jpg

On board charging and replaceable batteries is very energy-saving. In the mean while, it has got various protection functions as well such as low voltage/ output short circuit/ low resistance/overheating/current/load/timeout/anti-loaded battery protections. The Tarot Pro has made some addition on the base of overcoming the drawbacks of Tarot 200VCT and has been successful in that while preserving the design language.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread