Digiflavor Pharaoh Dripper tank....Thoughts,Builds and Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
Hey everyone I have had my The Digiflavor Pharaoh for over a week and have generally enjoyed the experience. For me where this RDA (yes RDA not Dripper tank) shines is a great RDA for on the go. Due to its generous 2 ml drip well and cup feature in the top cap it makes for a nice hard to spill RDA that as long as I'm not vaping past 75 watts I can get a good 20-25pulls off before refilling.

It has a pretty unique spring loaded clamp style deck with bottom airflow that in my opinion is built for Large single coil builds. You can dual coil but do to the nature of the deck gives me inefficient wicking with larger coils. I have tried a dual coil build with some single core Claptons that are more moderate in juice consumption and it was wicking fine. Really it's up to you but I prefer the large single coil build option.

I have run some large 316l Fused Claptons and various other wire types (staggered fused And Alien) but what I have settled on is a Large Framed staple 6ply Ka1 ribbon framed with 28g n80 and wrapped with 38g n80 5 wraps around a 3mm bit. Resistance is .18 (single yikes hehe) and I'm running it between 75-90watts which is giving me a yummy thick vape. HOWEVER I have seen this RDA described by multiple people as a flavor machine and I'm sorry but I'm just not getting that. The flavor in my opinion is decent but nothing crazy or special. Don't get me wrong as I said its a great vape. Easy to build on , fairly leak resistant , holds a good amount of juice and is a great on the go RDA but flavor machine it is not.
The reason I think it's flavor seems a bit muted is 2 fold in my opinion. The heighth of the RDA and the Cupped top cap. It does not funnel vapor toward the mouth piece but almost traps it to the sides of the RDA.

If I had a choice of doing away with that cupped top cap for a nice domed top cap I would trade in a second. As is I am still really pleased with this RDA and can definitely recommend it to someone looking for a good all around, easy to build and or portable RDA

Here are some shots of my latest build a I put in the framed staple

http://m.imgur.com/DsCkDbO,oWmS9Ky

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    453.8 KB · Views: 1,027

Dshobe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2014
Denver, CO
Agreed on the shorter cap, but I am getting great flavor with a 4mm 7 wrap 316L fused Clapton at 50 watts. Resistance comes in right around .5 ohms. Really enjoying it. The easiest atty I've ever built on. The airflow is great, love how it is adjusted.

adaaaac94dae9a937bccd7513d421995.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
Agreed on the shorter cap, but I am getting great flavor with a 4mm 7 wrap 316L fused Clapton at 50 watts. Resistance comes in right around .5 ohms. Really enjoying it. The easiest atty I've ever built on. The airflow is great, love how it is adjusted.

adaaaac94dae9a937bccd7513d421995.jpg

I think I may have misrepresented myself a bit. I am getting a great and flavorful vape! It is just not the OMFG amaze balls flavor I had seen some people post. I have Adirondacks Sagamore (RY4) in the pharaoh right now also in the Tendou Tokugawa with the same exact build in it (i used the tokugawa because it is also a large single coil dripper) and i also have it in the Aeronaut (large 22mm single coil dripper) with a ss 316l fused Clapton in it and the aeronaut and the Tokugawa both are beating it in flavor I feel. However its dead easy building on it has great adjustable airflow a huge juice well and produces some nice thick vapor.

I think next time I'm going to build a coil large enough to completely cover the airflow kind of like yours. Maybe that will give me a small boost in flavor.

MobileVortex

Jun 16, 2016
I tried this interesting priming technique that Rip demonstrated here :
I tried it on a round wire build and it did appear to work although I completely flooded the airflow in the process. I'd imagine if I had a fused clapton the airflow wouldn't have been flooded. The first 10 drops or so I was convinced I was going to burn the crap out of my wick but I'll be damned if it didn't work. And like he said I had no break in time from the cotton.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
I tried this interesting priming technique that Rip demonstrated here :
I tried it on a round wire build and it did appear to work although I completely flooded the airflow in the process. I'd imagine if I had a fused clapton the airflow wouldn't have been flooded. The first 10 drops or so I was convinced I was going to burn the crap out of my wick but I'll be damned if it didn't work. And like he said I had no break in time from the cotton.

I tried the same thing and it did work but even being very careful and using a framed staple which is one of the best wicking coils I know I still got a bit of leakage in my airflow

Reactions: Dshobe

MobileVortex

Jun 16, 2016
And since Rip seems to have changed his stance about leaving the juice well open I think it would be awesome if instead of that we had a lever that closed off the airflow under the coil - that would be amazing for building and wicking.

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
T
And since Rip seems to have changed his stance about leaving the juice well open I think it would be awesome if instead of that we had a lever that closed off the airflow under the coil - that would be amazing for building and wicking.

Thats actually a stellar freaking idea !

Schue

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2015
Texas
Hey everyone I have had my The Digiflavor Pharaoh for over a week and have generally enjoyed the experience. For me where this RDA (yes RDA not Dripper tank) shines is a great RDA for on the go. Due to its generous 2 ml drip well and cup feature in the top cap it makes for a nice hard to spill RDA that as long as I'm not vaping past 75 watts I can get a good 20-25pulls off before refilling.

It has a pretty unique spring loaded clamp style deck with bottom airflow that in my opinion is built for Large single coil builds. You can dual coil but do to the nature of the deck gives me inefficient wicking with larger coils. I have tried a dual coil build with some single core Claptons that are more moderate in juice consumption and it was wicking fine. Really it's up to you but I prefer the large single coil build option.

I have run some large 316l Fused Claptons and various other wire types (staggered fused And Alien) but what I have settled on is a Large Framed staple 6ply Ka1 ribbon framed with 28g n80 and wrapped with 38g n80 5 wraps around a 3mm bit. Resistance is .18 (single yikes hehe) and I'm running it between 75-90watts which is giving me a yummy thick vape. HOWEVER I have seen this RDA described by multiple people as a flavor machine and I'm sorry but I'm just not getting that. The flavor in my opinion is decent but nothing crazy or special. Don't get me wrong as I said its a great vape. Easy to build on , fairly leak resistant , holds a good amount of juice and is a great on the go RDA but flavor machine it is not.
The reason I think it's flavor seems a bit muted is 2 fold in my opinion. The heighth of the RDA and the Cupped top cap. It does not funnel vapor toward the mouth piece but almost traps it to the sides of the RDA.

If I had a choice of doing away with that cupped top cap for a nice domed top cap I would trade in a second. As is I am still really pleased with this RDA and can definitely recommend it to someone looking for a good all around, easy to build and or portable RDA

Here are some shots of my latest build a I put in the framed staple

http://m.imgur.com/DsCkDbO,oWmS9Ky

Thanks for this review. I have been hesitant about trying this RDA because I was afraid it would leak.

Dshobe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2014
Denver, CO
Tried the new priming technique, amazing flavor! Definitely leaked out the airflow a bit, but the improved flavor is worth the sacrifice. I do notice it seems to be a little leaky through the bottom cap. I wonder if the piece comes apart, maybe a faulty o ring? Not a deal breaker, this thing just works so well. As far as closing off the juice reservoir, did Rip not mention in his first video to leave it open a little so the wicks weren't choking?

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
5e3ebd4956afcb9e44435e05bb449ca1.jpg
1888f8cf32c80f8f2660951b0da58ca7.jpg

I really love this thing
Nice alien fraple 8)..... Seriously though this is one of the only RDAs besides the goon I can fit my framed staples in. One because of the deck and 2 because the resistance of dual coiling fatty framed staples is so freaking low !!!! Vaping at .06 no freaking thank you. However because its single coil friendly I can place one coil in there and actually enjoy it!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: papoes

NGGrant

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2015
Richmond VA
Nice alien fraple 8)..... Seriously though this is one of the only RDAs besides the goon I can fit my framed staples in. One because of the deck and 2 because the resistance of dual coiling fatty framed staples is so freaking low !!!! Vaping at .06 no freaking thank you. However because its single coil friendly I can place one coil in there and actually enjoy it!!!!

The framed staples I put in my Twisted Messes 24 are .09 ish and they are I think too low to enjoy all day. I use the goon in single coil for this same reason.

DatManWolf

Nov 15, 2016
I have to ask if anyone else is having this issue.

Leaking.

It's not coming out of the air flow holes. But it seems to be coming from the seam of the AFC, and leaving a circular pool of liquid. I am not convinced it is juice because it doesn't seem to have that won't ever get off my hands feel to it, but seems like maybe condensation from the air flow is leaking through the seam?

If upon changing cotton I give it a rinse and let it dry, it seems to stop it for a couple days, but then it will begin again.

Just curious because I haven't seen many complaints, and the one or two I have seen, there was no explanation or fix. Other than that, it has been a good rda.

DatManWolf

Nov 15, 2016
Have you tried reseating the o-ring? I had a similar issue and cleaning around the o-ring at that seam and reseating it has stopped the seepage. Take care, I squished one carelessly. :/

Are you meaning to remove the AFC ring? Or are you speaking about the one between the top cap and base where you screw the top cap on?

The seam I am speaking of is the seam between the AFC and the base on the bottom. So if you were looking at the 510 pin, I am meaning that seam between the afc and the base down there, that is where I am experiencing "leaking".

cyber_ecco

Verified Member
Nov 19, 2015
Are you meaning to remove the AFC ring? Or are you speaking about the one between the top cap and base where you screw the top cap on?

The seam I am speaking of is the seam between the AFC and the base on the bottom. So if you were looking at the 510 pin, I am meaning that seam between the afc and the base down there, that is where I am experiencing "leaking".

I am having this issue as well. Very annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread