custom-classic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
USA
I wish mine could dance like that. :(

I've shown him that .gif a few times.... He doesn't seem impressed... :oops:

He's kinda lazy for a chihuahua... :facepalm:

Super laid back. Unless someone knocks on the door...then all hell breaks loose. Of course,...once the door is opened, he's cool. :cool:

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Fine lookin' hounds. :)

Right now, I haz a chihuahua. :(

I'm sure Beck will be along shortly.... :oops:
1 dalmatian passed about 2 yrs ago.

His sister (same litter) still remains.
She's going on 15 or 16.

We left her where she belongs with dad and wife when we moved. They're rather attached. Plus at her age, the kiddos tend to provide a bit too much excitement at times.

At the moment we're sans dog. Living solely as a cat family with the precious, love kitty Katy Cat.

Though we've been looking at puppies.

Our first choice being an English Mastiff.

Though we're also entertaining a boxer, American bulldog and an Akita.

Our main priorities are basically a puppy that can take a good hit or plop from a child that's distracted, can be a family dog and a protector and will do well in our climate.

Our neighbor has a young Malamute that's rarely excited. No doubt because he's spending most of his day panting away the heat and trying to find adequate shade.

He visits often, but he's not ours.

Tapatyped

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA

She's going on 15 or 16.

We left her where she belongs with dad and wife when we moved. They're rather attached. Plus at her age, the kiddos tend to provide a bit too much excitement at times.

At the moment we're sans dog. Living solely as a cat family with the precious, love kitty Katy Cat.

Our main priorities are basically a puppy that can take a good hit or plop from a child that's distracted, can be a family dog and a protector and will do well in our climate.

Our neighbor has a young Malamute that's rarely excited. No doubt because he's spending most of his day panting away the heat and trying to find adequate shade.

Tapatyped

I am rather fond of the Boxers myself. Mine loves babies, children, cats, and her people family. Constant entertainment. I won't feel sorry for the person who tries to break in, either. They are high energy dogs, so they do need to either have a place to run or visits to a park where they can.

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia

She's going on 15 or 16.

Tapatyped

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I am rather fond of the Boxers myself. Mine loves babies, children, cats, and her people family. Constant entertainment. I won't feel sorry for the person who tries to break in, either. They are high energy dogs, so they do need to either have a place to run or visits to a park where they can.
We have 1.6 acres bordering a cleared, unused 10 or so acre area on a 35 acre property we've been given free reign to and endless woods on an otherwise remote street.

:)

People on our street use the terrain to keep their pets home. :thumbs:

Tapatyped

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
We have 1.6 acres bordering a cleared, unused 10 or so acre area on a 35 acre property we've been given free reign to and endless woods on an otherwise remote street.

:)

People on our street use the terrain to keep their pets home. :thumbs:

Tapatyped

There are Boxer rescues in your state, might be worth a visit to see and ask questions. Mine was a rescue.

Boobsley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2016
Indiana
03ed5638dce97c0a2d0c93499e63f163.jpg

She's an Japanese Spitz, looks just like the white Pom I had as a kid, but she is a lot more mellow. She loves her momma, likes me when I eat, cuz I accidentally drop food. When you ask her a question she turns her head to the side, as if she's thinking about it.
Oh, not nearly as small as a Pom either. 25lb I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
There are Boxer rescues in your state, might be worth a visit to see and ask questions. Mine was a rescue.
With me on the road and the wife at home with 3 kids in a new state, she's basically a single mother with no support group.

Plan is to get a pup and get it trained.

This way she can learn the basics for later.

I figure it'll be a bit of work up front. Though it should make life a lot easier over all.

I've had rescues and injured animals most of my life. I don't think she's ready for that right now with everything and a new career started yesterday.

Plus I want a puppy to grow with the family for them.

Tapatyped

custom-classic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
USA

:lol:

03ed5638dce97c0a2d0c93499e63f163.jpg

She's an Japanese Spitz, looks just like the white Pom I had as a kid, but she is a lot more mellow. She loves her momma, likes me when I eat, cuz I accidentally drop food. When you ask her a question she turns her head to the side, as if she's thinking about it.
Oh, not nearly as small as a Pom either. 25lb I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another fine hound. :thumb:

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I'm all for rescues. But they are not for everyone. Puppy training is as much human training as anything, and if it is someone's maiden dog experience, lab puppies are classics for good reason.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Agreed.

Love a lab.

Though I'm more of a "your lab" person than a "my lab" person.

Never desired to have one of my own for some reason.

She has had dogs.

We had a rescue that was a suspected border collie, Shepherd mix about 10 years ago.

He was an escape artist with serious separation anxiety. We couldn't figure out how keep him contained without breaking his neck before the mail lady pressed charges.

Sad fact was that he was a big baby, very friendly and afraid of everything. He'd have never hurt her.

Bought him a nice running chain. Hooked him up to it, stepped back and he ran full speed straight past the end. Went flipping over end about 5' in the air. From then on any time he was connected to a chain he'd freeze and whimper. Couldn't even take him for walks.

Worst example ever, I know. Broke my heart when we had to take him back to a rescue. We were at least his 3rd rescue family. Apparently the only one he returned home to after escaping though.

But we couldn't afford to chance installing an 8' fence in hopes he wouldn't get out of it.

Anyway, full circle... she knows how to care for a dog... just could use some help from a trainer IMO. As evidenced by her cooker spaniel that would attack the ankles of people attempting to leave the house. Rest her little spiteful soul.

Tapatyped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread