fireworks.gif

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    Sitting down, facing forward.
    'moanin, Voltizens.

The first debate is in the "history" book. To be honest, we didn't watch it. SS,DD from both sides.

We got a little rain over night so I'm fooling around inside this morning. I've got to replace a case fan on y desktop and that will include vacuuming it out. It's amazing how much dust accumulates in it, but given the air flow it has I guess that's inevitable.

I sprang for a Bluetooth headset for my (not so new) new phone. It came yesterday and I charged it up. I will say the instructions were rather lacking and printed in 6 point type. I managed to figure it out, how hard is a Bluetooth device, and they work fine. Now I can easily use the phone with a sports band holder rather than having it hang off a belt or waist band, plus the phone is actually pretty protected that way. I'll see how it works out. I also ordered a Turtleback case, with belt clip, just in case this setup doesn't work out.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012
    Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
    I'm glad you got to take a day off, Wuzz.

We took mom out for dinner at the Mexican restaurant yesterday. Love that place. Kept thinking I didn't feel good but kept saying it was probably allergies. Nope, got a cold. Could feel worse but definitely could feel better. Mostly a runny nose with a bit of coughing. Could not sleep until 4am so I have a feeling I'll be sleeping for part of today.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012
    Good morning, Voltpeeps.

The using a million Kleenex phase of the cold is over but the tickle in the throat phase is here instead. However, having gotten nothing done yesterday, I decided that the 8,000 dishes needed to be washed this morning. The rest of the day should be spent resting up!

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    'afternoon, Voltatics.

Lizzie, that's what dishwashers are for! Load the dishwasher and take a nap!

It's overcast, fairly cool and we're supposed to get some rain later. I ran out to Lowe's for some paint and it was sprinkling, but that stopped. I want to run up on the roof with the leaf blower and make sure the gutters and downspouts are clean. We're supposed to get a lot of rain and the leaves have been falling for a few weeks now.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012
    'afternoon, Voltatics.

Lizzie, that's what dishwashers are for! Load the dishwasher and take a nap!

It's overcast, fairly cool and we're supposed to get some rain later. I ran out to Lowe's for some paint and it was sprinkling, but that stopped. I want to run up on the roof with the leaf blower and make sure the gutters and downspouts are clean. We're supposed to get a lot of rain and the leaves have been falling for a few weeks now.

The dishwasher quit and we haven't had time to deal with it so I am hand washing dishes. Yuck!!!!!

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    Been there, done that. We had a "contractor" grade dishwasher and used it a few time a week. Then it died. We didn't replace it right away and, I guess, we got used to doing the dishes after each meal. Finally replaced it with a fancy Bosch dishwasher that you can't even hear when it's running, other than an occasional gurgle from the sink when it pumps itself out. I think we've used it about four times in three years now.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012
    Good morning, Voltmaniacs.

Busy day yesterday.

I'm getting better from my cold! My friend and I went to town and had lunch and did some window shopping. It was a gorgeous day and we went to the park to eat our lunch.

I dropped my iphone and the glass is broken. It is a very old phone but now I have to shop for a new phone. I definitely am not getting another iphone since it has a really weird back up system that has comingled Hubby's phone contacts with my phone contacts. Samsung seems to be having battery blowing up problems on its S7 or some such. That is rather concerning. Mototorola has a reasonably priced phone that I think is Android. It is rather confusing. I don't text much or look up stuff on the phone much although it is handy when you can't find someplace you are trying to go to. I mostly just want to say "Hello, yes, it is I, speak now".

Nowadays you don't have to get a phone at the ATT store. You can buy a phone that is "unlocked" somewhere else and then go to the ATT store and get a new sim card. But you can't use some phones at ATT so you have to be careful what you buy. Some phones you can use at ATT but not Verizon so it works both ways. We already have ATT and the price is reasonable and Hubby gets a discount so we will stick with them for phone service.

The good news is that even though the glass is cracked badly. The iphone is still working so, if I baby it, I can get a new phone when I have a chance instead of rushing this decision.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 24, 2013
    Tomah Wisconsin
    I was having terrible problems with my cellphone, primarily because of my hearing loss. The phone bill for a landline would be much less than updating my cellphone. So I took the plunge, and bought a Amplicom PT760 Corded Telephone with Answering Machine | Harris Communications. It won't take many months to recoup the cost. I now have a tracphone for texting and 911 emergencies.

Such a relief.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012
    I was having terrible problems with my cellphone, primarily because of my hearing loss. The phone bill for a landline would be much less than updating my cellphone. So I took the plunge, and bought a Amplicom PT760 Corded Telephone with Answering Machine | Harris Communications. It won't take many months to recoup the cost. I now have a tracphone for texting and 911 emergencies.

Such a relief.

Good plan. We did the opposite. We just got rid of our landline since we use our cell phones so much and our land line not hardly at all. Of course, my phone # is the one for notifications from the pharmacy or what have you and when we go out of town, the pet sitter knows to call me if she needs to or if she just wants to let me know how it is going. Hubby is not good about listening to his messages! I will have to replace my cell phone.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    'moanin, Voltaticalytes.

I wish you luck with the cell phone, Lizzie. I have very mixed feelings about the Galaxy Rugby Pro I got and smartphones in general. If you've been an iPhone user you should probably stick with that although Android phones are really pretty similar in terms of how they get used. If you're an AT&T fan, check out Consumers Cellular. They use the AT&T network for connectivity and are pretty inexpensive, both for service and phones. I use mine on WiFi at home and that saves me some MB when surfing on the phone, although I rarely surf on the phone.

I did get a screen protector for the Rugby just in case. It's a "gorilla glass" protector and is made of real glass. It went on very easily, just make sure everything is totally clean and dust free, and stays on really well. It doesn't interfere with touch screen functionality, either. It can be taken off, if you'd ever need to take it off, with a jewelers screwdriver to lift the first corner you decide to work from. Whatever phone you get it might be a good idea to look into. Ten bucks for a glass screen protector beats a few hundred for a new phone.

On the subject of phones, I emailed the seller of the Bluetooth headset I bought asking if the language can be changed from Mandarin to English. I did that through Amazon, where I bought them from, and haven't heard back. Amazon policy is a two day response time and it's three days already. So, I'm going to return them and try another but I asked to confirm the voice prompts are in English this time. Lesson learned, but who'd a thunk it would come equipped in Mandarin. (It is Mandarin, Mrs. Awsum speaks Cantonese)

I'm with you, 0mg, we keep a landline just for 911 service. With how inexpensive VoIP phone service is, and how controllable it is, it's well worth the expense. The way I set it up, the house phone rings for the first fifteen seconds, then my cell phone and the house phone ring for another forty-five seconds before it goes to voice jail. Plus I can block any incoming number we want blocked plus all the other bells and whistles.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012
    We figure we are pretty independent and if we need 911 and the cell phone isn't working, we will come up with an alternative. It's pretty rare that the cell phone isn't working. We already know it is hard to get anyone here in a timely manner so we think first of how to help ourselves before calling 911.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 24, 2011
    Middle Georgia
    The good news is that even though the glass is cracked badly. The iphone is still working so, if I baby it, I can get a new phone when I have a chance instead of rushing this decision.

If you are happy with the phone and it is still working - replace the glass if it is cost effective.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread