Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
I don't like the trend towards selling computers without optical drives , and Lenovo is locking the bios on some of their laptops as well as having no optical drive , hopefully yours has the option to boot from USB , if not you'll be SOL if something happens to your Windoze installation .

I haven't got to making a reboot drive yet. There's a lot of bloatware to remove or shut down first. But I did look at the manual and it does tell how to change the bios to do a restore from a usb drive.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I haven't got to making a reboot drive yet. There's a lot of bloatware to remove or shut down first. But I did look at the manual and it does tell how to change the bios to do a restore from a usb drive.
That would be nice if you could do a restore from a USB. I just purchased a 1TB external hard drive as it was recommended over a USB. Of course, my laptop is three years old. Not sure why this would make a difference but I just followed directions. I use the backup software that came with the hard drive because the MS software is wonky on my laptop for some reason. I'm sure you want to do all your software updates first too.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Evening Army!

David, congrats on the upgrade to the upgraded laptop! Sounds like you made the best out of what could have been a raunchy deal...
Oh, and congrats on making the millennium!

Howdy, Pawpaw, Bronze, Hula, Always, BK, Retic, and anyone else I missed... Hope you're all having a great day!!!

It's almost bedtime here and it's raining. I'll have to turn on the pump in the morning to clear the water out of the yard. The pump's been getting a lot of use lately with all the rain we've had.

Night Army!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Been going through a lot of the old movies I have at home since Mama still hasn't renewed the Internet yet. Maybe someday soon as I've been a good cadet lately and helping out around the house... Keep your fingers crossed for me, OK?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
The old movies that I like to watch are the really old movies. Like black and white old and shortly after color came along.

The Thin Man, Singing in the Rain, Dark Victory, Tammy movies, Calamity Jane etc... Those are my favorite type of old movies :D

Users who are viewing this thread