Deeming - An absolute must read. How the FDA gagged the press

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Being a union member helps... You get a lot of the propaganda from the International Union. :)

But you don't have to be a communist in order to know what they are...
Lol
My employees chased a union organizer off the property with hammers after he tried intimidation.
Collective bargaining to gain union dues, and strongarm contracts.
Organized criminals.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
My post was merely salutary as informative of the mindset.

(But I'm sure you know that.)

Good luck. :)

I do know that :) Many people think that the 'mindset' is something new with "journalists" - it's not. All you have to do is read the papers in the Adams/Jefferson election of 1796 (and 1800). It's a tribute to both candidates that they became the close friends for the rest of their lives.... although it took a while :)

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Political correctness eliminates free speech.
They are opposite Ideologies.
They contradict each other.

Either be free or be controlled.
The choice is yours.
Best post on this forum ever.
Heck, this might be the best post ever in any forum on earth.

And I rarely agree with you for some reason.

But yeah, in this case you ARE the hammer.
And you just hit the nail squarely on the head.

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
That is courtesy.
Being polite and showing good manners are courtesy.
I expect and give courtesy because it is the right thing to do.
Understanding anothers point of view is the obviously the intelligent, courteous, and proper thing to do.
Thats not the same as respect.
The only way to get respect is to earn it.

You have a right to exect courtesy.
If you expect respect, you will never get it.

Now, that said, if everyone used good manners we wouldnt need laws, courts, governments, or police.

Good manners would save the entire human race.

The answers to the biggest problems are usually very simple.
You're on quite a roll right now.
This is another hell of a good post.

You're going to make me like you if you keep this up.
Just don't call my wife stupid when she puts batteries in her pocket with change.
:laugh:

LV_VAPE_LIFE

May 5, 2016
Can't believe Americans are dumb enough to believe anything these fake organizations say. The only reason nobody does anything about it in the USA is because of the same reason nobody every does anything in the USA because Americans are afraid of imprisonment if we stand up and fight. After the housing collapse, Americans did nothing...how do you think that makes us look to the fake government? If you give your lunch money to the bully at school chances are he will be back again.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
The only reason nobody does anything about it in the USA is because of the same reason nobody every does anything in the USA because Americans are afraid of imprisonment if we stand up and fight.
I would say the only reason nobody does anything about it is because...

1) They rely on the mainstream media for information
2) The mainstream media is corrupted and full of large chunks of crap
3) Nobody knows how they are being fooled, because they rely on the mainstream media
4) Recycle and repeat

Yeah, there are a handful (percentage-wise) of people starting to "get it" these days.
But it might be too little, too late at this point.
:(

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
You forget. There ARE studies out there that meet your definition of "proof" that show possible harm. Granted, those studies were skewed in an attempt to come up with a preconceived result, but it still meets your demand of "legal proof". Combined with the studies that debunk the junk studies, you're now back to "Who do you believe?".

Governments, educational institutions, and even so called "scientists" have been lying with statistics for hundreds of years. Studies often reflect the bias of those who are performing them. Objectivity is rare, and critical thinking non-existent. And when it comes to reporting/journalism, dogma has become so entrenched within the ranks that it's virtually impossible to obtain just the facts on a story. The media slants the story (and this is true on both sides of the fence) to fit what it considers should be a societal norm, rather than forcing the public to think and come up with its own conclusions.

There are those in journalism now who feel objectivity is an anachronism and their primary function is to guide the public opinion towards what they feel should be a societal norm. Investigative journalism is pretty much a joke as they do the same thing that governments do. And that's twist things to their own agenda. This is why you see such a disparaging difference between different media outlets when it comes to e-cigarettes. And when it comes to public opinion, the vast majority of individuals out there can only go by what they read or hear from the media. So is it any wonder that there are those who believe that e-cigarettes are worse than cigarettes?

The media has long passed the age where objectivity and fact are the norm. And this is why they're so willing to go along with these closed embargoes. As long as the story fits into their narrow view of how things should be, why should they rock the boat and decry the practice as a 1st Amendment violation? After all, the press is who requested the practice of embargoes to begin with.

You must know me well enough by now that I am an idealist. Yes I shouldn't be. I should have written that as a bona fide truth and proof to show it's not skewed towards a preconceived result. Maybe not easy. But we've come so far so fast, it's not impossible. We need to keep on educating people, talking, and using vaping products. Millions of people who are related or friends with a vaper are more apt to listen and hear what's actually logical. Many do not even know that e-liquid is pg or glycerin, flavoring, and choice of nicotine levels . Much of the public does not know how simple vaping really is.. I've heard that time and time again when people ask about my vaping. Aside from fighting on the highest levels, I think we need to focus more on people that have some kind of contact with a vaper like a friend or relative who may be more open minded to hear about what is really going on, and how simple vaping and products really are.

It's a waste of time to talk about vaping to anyone you know isn't going to turn around and say , "you know, you have a point."

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
I would say the only reason nobody does anything about it is because...

1) They rely on the mainstream media for information
2) The mainstream media is corrupted and full of large chunks of crap
3) Nobody knows how they are being fooled, because they rely on the mainstream media
4) Recycle and repeat

Yeah, there are a handful (percentage-wise) of people starting to "get it" these days.
But it might be too little, too late at this point.
:(

We have also been conditioned since the time we are children how great it is to have a government like ours.

It's not too little too late. Look at how much has been done world wide in the last 9 years. 40 million vapers and their friends and families who see it first hand. And growing.

Reactions: ceeceeisme

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
I don't think that more "education" is the right answer although it may be the responsible reaction. What is happening is something deep, dark and scary. Think big bad dark evil government that will never listen and never change.

It is deep dark scary and dirty. You are so right. Reminds me a lot of what happened on that "Free State of Jones". Of course that was worse than this. But gov has been down and dirty for a long time. They will never listen.

I hope eventually there's a way to expose them primarily and vaping secondarily because it ain't going to happen any other way.

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
BT and the FDA have done nothing but buy time before smoking cigarettes is no longer popular, and the day of bankruptcy is coming. Since our products are really not 100% relying on tobacco OR will not be in the future, BT will be stuck with billions of dollars of tobacco growing in fields that no longer has the demand for it even with their tobacco steamed vaper wanabees. (they should start converting their fields to growing soybeans now)

The ONLY thing they could find to separate the sale of cigarettes from the sale of vaping products was a grandfather act. There was nothing else since we all are tobacco now . Does deeming vaping products "tobacco related" entitle us to the same "freedoms" as cigarettes without the grandfather clause?

What would the scenario be if there were no grandfather clause? What vaping products have actually Not been researched? Every ingredient of e-liquid has been researched. Every battery, every wire, etc, can be matched up with some legal product or gadget used legally today.Battery driven, heat producing, vapor producting, etc. Most of the research of vaping products and liquids has already been done.

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
We just have to face the fact that as American's... we have been misled and taken advantage of (And We Let It Happen, Again and Again). The only way to end it is to stop trusting secret black organizations .. and if you lose your gasoline, food, fuel whatever then so be it. Dont tread on me. Death before dishonor!

We have been trained that way from birth on. To have any behavior outside of society's preconceived opinion is deemed unwanted or frowned upon.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Last edited:
Reactions: Lessifer

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
ATTENTION -SOCAL- VAPERS...

A BILLION LIVES premiere in Los Angeles next Friday (10/28/2016)

A Billion Lives - Laemmle.com

451093654afb29f646bae4c9e7ccb5ec.jpg

I've got tickets.

Get yours!

Given the traffic problems with LA, it's better that you plan on an early showing, like 2:20pm

Maybe we get lunch before hand?

Anyone interested in going with me, PM me so we can set up a meet time!

Doublestemcells6

Moved On
Dec 3, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread