Lookout Public you're sitting next to a Cauliflower!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I vaped for two years at work on the shop floor, a huge space. Last week it ended and management seems rabid about it. I'm noticing a more intolerant vibe in other situations and not sure how I'll deal with it. I've mixed up some tolerable invisible liquid. My SV rda is already small enough but even a Pico isn't stealthy enough so there's an Evic Basic on the way. There is enough nic in the freezer.

My view, I was a tobacco slave. vaping was the underground railroad to freedom. There are still a billion tobacco slaves in the world. They pay a trillion dollars a year for tobacco then die young. Billions of otherr people benefit from that and will not easily give up their money or their slaves. Of course this is going to be a rocky road. Follow the money.

Reactions: NavVet1969

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
Just got back from a trip to Maui and found that Vapers are definitely hated as much as Smokers all over the island. The car rental place made a point of telling us that there was no vaping or smoking in the vehicle lest we incur a $250 fine to clean out the smell.

My group attended a Luau at the Royal Lahaina and after stealth vaping in the crowd, I decided to get away from everyone to a secluded spot where I could openly vape in hopes of not offending anyone. One of the Nic-o-Nazis spotted me and ran over to like like I was starting a grass-hut fire. "You will have to stop that immediately or leave the property. We really don't even want you possessing that while on our property."

Our condo staff informed us that they had installed anti-vaping sensors to protect visitors from the scourge that is vaping. Since I tootle-puff, we had no issues but a cloud-chaser set off the alarm at 5am on our second day and caused the evacuation of the entire complex. That was according to one of the office clerks at the resort. Thank goodness it wasn't anyone in our party. Brew

Im sorry you had this all too common experience, in Hawaii.
Its no secret that Hawaii passed more anti vaping and anti smoking legislation than other 49 US states in recent years..we fought, we lost. The legislators and senators refused to "learn", and repeat to this day, "we dont know enough about the second hand smoke from e-cigarettes"..(dont go there..ther foreheads are still bleeding).
Illegal to Vape in any outdoor public area..parks, beaches, bus stops, streets that may contain commercial or public spaces, etc etc.
For almost twenty years ppl write or call me saying they plan on visiting the islands, where can they stay as they like to smoke or vape (often as little as 1-2 somethings per 24 hours).
It is following the EU trend of forcing a pre conceived notion of a healthy lifestyle down your throat, an 100% backed by
the Tourism Board, who holds greatest weight in the state.
Thank you for sharing your experience.
I wish you'd "cc" it to the Hawaii Visitors Bureau, telling them why you wont be back.
You can come to the islands in Hong Kong..
but time is yet written there as of the close of 2016.
warmest aloha from a vaper.

Reactions: LaraC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread