The Really Big RY4 Roundup (long)

Status
Not open for further replies.

clamman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
new york
RY4 has been my main vape almost since the start, 2008. For 5 years now my ADV is a DIY RY4, very simple in 200ml batches (two weeks vape :pervy:).

10~12% HC RY4 or TFA RY4 Double
2% FA RY4
1% TFA Dulce de Leche

From time to time I add 0.2% or 0.3% of TFA AP.
is there a place I can learn diy?

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
does anyone know something close to ikenvapes ry4 he closed down and I'm almost out :(

Finding another retail RY4 that's close to IKV RY4 are extremely unlikely. Lots of interesting RY4s out there in the retail marketplace, but I know of none that replicate Ikenvape's.

NandyDC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2009
San Juan, PR
Which is your current favorite among commercial ry4 brands?

Right now I dont have a favorite one. I dont remember when was my last purchase but I used to get HC RY4, TW Patriot RY5 and Halo Tribeca. To me the best of all time was a nHaler variation of the original RY4 that they called High Voltage RY4, when the original recipe was lost they changed the recipe too and was good also. They still have the High Voltage range including the RY4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clamman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
new york
Finding another retail RY4 that's close to IKV RY4 are extremely unlikely. Lots of interesting RY4s out there in the retail marketplace, but I know of none that replicate Ikenvape's.
thanks maybe with some help I could make my own lol
I know you tried a lot of ry4 is there anything even a little close that you can think of thanks

clamman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
new york
As far as DIY RY4, I've done better with RY4 Flavorings as verses trying to make my own RY4 concoction from various flavorings. I do often mix different RY4 flavorings or add tobacco flavoring, etc. with good results.
where do you get it from I'm looking for the sweet tobacco ry4 that ikenvape used to make

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
where do you get it from I'm looking for the sweet tobacco ry4 that ikenvape used to make

Well, I don't know where you'll find that. There are several producers of stand alone RY4 flavorings, but I can't suggest any that might be like IKV RY4.

I guess I had lost the context when I replied about DIY RY4 and just answered 'in general' and not specifically re: IKV RY4.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
As far as DIY RY4, I've done better with RY4 Flavorings as verses trying to make my own RY4 concoction from various flavorings. I do often mix different RY4 flavorings or add tobacco flavoring, etc. with good results.

I'm definitely with Cool on this one. Making one's own DIY RY4 from component flavorings (tobacco, caramel, and vanilla being primary as the "holy trinity") seems like it would be easy, but it's not. I say this after years of experimentation with a very wide range of flavorings that produced mostly sub-par results. I think I had one or two successes out of about 50 different tries.

FlavourArt, TFA, Hangsen, and Want2Vape make very good all-in-one DIY RY4 flavorings. As Cool wrote, these can be effectively customized by adding other flavorings to modify the overall flavor profile or add new flavor notes.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com

undertheradar

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2010
AZ
I agree. Clay's NET-based RY4 is very, very good, and it's available as either a retail eliquid or a flavoring concentrate.
I'm looking for a bright, sweet ry4 with only a hint of tobacco. It's the sweet caramel taste I like best, but the few I've tried are tobacco in front with only hints of sweetness. I'm looking for the sweetest ry4 I can get, DIY or ready-made.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
I'm looking for a bright, sweet ry4 with only a hint of tobacco. It's the sweet caramel taste I like best, but the few I've tried are tobacco in front with only hints of sweetness. I'm looking for the sweetest ry4 I can get, DIY or ready-made.

This list of Sweet RY4s (from the Categories page of The Big RY4 List) is old — March of 2015 — and getting long in the tooth, and some of the retail RY4s listed are not even available anymore, but it will give you ample material for Google searches:

Dessert/Sweet
AltCig RY4
AltSmoke HighCaliber Our 4
Awesome Clouds AC3
Bloog RY4
CopperCreek Twisted Tobacco
CrystalELiquid RY4
DIYFlavorShack Sweet RY4
EcigExpress My 4
GoodEJuice RY4
GoodProphets GP4
GreenhouseOne RY4
Hangsen RY4
Janty RY4 (DK Series)
Janty RY4 (Classic Series)
Janty RY4-X (Classic Series)
Janty RY4 PG (Elixir Series)
KalamazooVaporShop RY4
KickBassVapor RY4
MaddcattVapors MaddHatter RYJ4
Mom&PopVaporShop RY4v2
Mom&PopVaporShop RY4
MountainOakVapors Gambler
QuickNicVapor RY4
River Bottom Fog Sauce KillR Y4
SmokeForPennys RY4
SmokelessImage Volt RY4
VapeDoctor RY4
Vapor4Life Jammin
Vapure VY4/Liberty-Flights LF4
Vixen Vapors RY4

The trick will be to find one that is light on tobacco with stronger caramel. Often the sweeter, more dessert-like RY4s emphasize vanilla over caramel.

I'd cast a personal vote for Smokeless Image Volt RY4 — inexpensive, sweet, and really tasty.

BoilerGuy

Unresolved Status
Sep 13, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

emberl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2009
florida
Mine is still Mr Vape RY4, but others will have faves.
Did mr. vape close his doors. Website is gone, telephone # is disconnected.
Darn, that's the only juice I've been vaping since IkenVape went out of business. Is there any one who can recommend a simulair tasting juice? Thanks.

Reactions: clnire
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread