Not open for further replies.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Gin, yes, I've used them over the years. Not so much lately, but I've put them thru kwite a bit of vliquid, for sure.

I'm not sure if these are bridgeless, but my guess is that they do have the bridge. You can easily remove it if you prefer them without.

Have you used any 510 attIEs before? I think the Joye's work pretty darn well. Voltage? Welp, these are LRs (1.5Ω) so I'd do what I always do, which is to start low and adjust to taste.

The eternal mystery of the vaper: "How long do they last?" They last exactly as long as they last. :facepalm:

@classwife would be a great voice of reason here, as I believe she's had a ton more experience with 510s than most.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Some of my all time favorite threads!!!!!!

BONUTS!!!!!!!!! :lol: Love them! Worked my fingers to the bone(ut) making them!!!

what is this bonuts.jpg

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I drip with 510 atomizers.
It's all I do. It's all I've ever done.

I've tossed the idea around in my head about giving Bonuts a try.
The idea comes and goes, then comes and goes again.

Maybe I should make like Buttercup and suck it up.
Might be time to give them a shot.
:unsure:

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I keep meaning to just try a tiny ring of cotton or rayon...as long as it's touching those tiny wicks or the bridge...dunno...like I said one of these days.

or did I try it before and don't remember ? :lol:

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Thank you for all the replies! :thumbs:

I take it you can remove the bridge by pulling on it with a pair of needle nose? Do I care? I don't know. I'll explain why I wonder in my own experience below.

I use HH357LB available from Avid. They are bridgeless but have a cup, or well, surrounded by mesh. Sure, they are $20 but they are handmade in America and Avid is pretty good about repairing them for up to a year so they are definitely worth it. They are reputed to be the best.

I have bought other atties in the past for $5 - $10 and they only lasted a week or two so it's a no brainer for me. Still, for $.99 a piece, those Joye ones are tempting me. Would 20 of them last me a year? That would make them worth it (aside from scabbing on America).

Reactions: LouisLeBeau

desertlover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Southern California
...lol...but I really do !

I refuse to be without them !

OMG, I am embarrassed to even approximate how many I have.......enuff to last the rest of my life, no doubt. Some of them just last a very long time, altho totally abused by me.

desertlover :toast:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
thanks for the link for .99 joye attys :) I have some boge attys that meter 2.8x ish. I still use 650mah ego batteries. I've always used SR attys so I am not sure about these. will they ruin my batteries? does anyone else use HR attys (I guess that is what these are)? thanks
I seem to remember hearing that 1.5 ohm would be considered borderline with Egos.
But I could be wrong about that.
:)

By the way, that same website also has the SRs...
Joye 510 Atomizer SR

And the HRs too...
Joye High Voltage 510 Atomizer

Although I must say I am a bit confused because they list their SRs as 2.0 ohms.
True Joyetech SR atomizers are 2.2 ohms.

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
I seem to remember hearing that 1.5 ohm would be considered borderline with Egos.

By the way, that same website also has the SRs...
Joye 510 Atomizer SR

And the HRs too...
Joye High Voltage 510 Atomizer

Although I must say I am a bit confused because they list their SRs as 2.0 ohms.
True Joyetech SR atomizers are 2.2 ohms.

I did actually get the SRs from that site. but I do have some LRs so I hope they are ok with the egos ! the HRs that I have (I'm calling them HR) meter about 2.8x. I can't get much from them. so I'm kinda looking for someone who might want them. maybe I'll put them in the classifieds....
thanks!

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida

That is what the buzz was when the 1.5 came out...that it will stress and shorten the overall life of the battery. ( plus the general run time would of course be less)

What I find great is that with a VV/VW mod I can use any of these attys and get it where I want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread