• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Although it's white, I think of you when I see the latest Flash advert :hubba:
:laugh: It's a lovely dog! Think it's some sort of 'doodle' ....I have seen a pale one that was a standard poodle crossed with an Aust. Ridgeback! That was a big dog, so may be the same with this one!

Our black bundle will grow into a standard ..perhaps not as big as the one we just lost, but I wasn't looking for a replacement anyway.
Still, this one has our last ones cousin for a Dad, so a bit of her in this one! (She was a lunatic loopy crocopottamus when a puppy too!)

After 5 weeks, this one is trying and hard work, but with luck, she'll calm down before too long :unsure:
She also has a tum problem, so vet getting tests done to eliminate bacterial type infections. Thank goodness we insured her! .....as you'll guess, we're a bit sick of vets!

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
Never had no problem with them myself, but yeah PP the heck out of `em :thumb:

This became a little drawn out but the Vendor agreed to a refund in the end.Without going the PP route.
Feel a little sorry for them, as it was Yodels fault and not theirs,but Yodel was their choice not mine.

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
:offtopic: But...

Capture.PNG

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Very wise observations! :) ....as we've been out with our dogs over the years, it became very clear that the nicest people are those that either have dogs, or like yours!

There's many a person will agree - dogs are often far nicer than people! ;)

This isn't a good photo, but the best you get at the moment with a bouncy dog ......Hetty today:
Hetty 30.9.2016 small.jpg

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Very wise observations! :) ....as we've been out with our dogs over the years, it became very clear that the nicest people are those that either have dogs, or like yours!

There's many a person will agree - dogs are often far nicer than people! ;)

This isn't a good photo, but the best you get at the moment with a bouncy dog ......Hetty today:
View attachment 603581
:laugh: What a character Hetty is :laugh: Gotta love that face :)

Reactions: Pictor

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
It does depend on the dog and the person, I was attacked 40 odd years ago by a pack of dogs, so have always been very wary of certain dogs and they probably sense that, my uncle had a GS who always growled and barked at me, but was great with my son, although my son has a Rotty that I get on with okay, I also tend to get on well with friendly "licky" dogs & pups

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
It does depend on the dog and the person, I was attacked 40 odd years ago by a pack of dogs, so have always been very wary of certain dogs and they probably sense that, my uncle had a GS who always growled and barked at me, but was great with my son, although my son has a Rotty that I get on with okay, I also tend to get on well with friendly "licky" dogs & pups
Something that has improved since we were kids: very few stray dogs roaming around, and as such, less chance of them forming packs. Always revert to instinct in a pack, and that's when they can become really dangerous.
I used to freeze if I saw more than one dog in the street! One did bite me once, and I was very wary after that.
I've got on OK with any dogs I've encountered since thankfully.

Yes Indeed :laugh: Have you had any accidents Damage done yet :D
'Accidents' - plenty! ;) Damage, no. We've had 5 poodles now altogether, and no damage that you'd worry about (just scattered COPYRIGHTDMCA, soil etc.).
Molly (the first) was a thief ...visitors pockets & handbags, shopping bags, open cupboards, and anything she could get off the table (If someone was forgetful and left a chair out).
Eldest son rotovated this garden when we first moved in '93, and it had been a farmers rough field, so was hard work ...I made a fresh pot of tea and put chocolate cake on the table - went to call him, and we came back in to find a large middle size poodle standing in the middle of the table licking a now empty plate!!!
Another time the other son had left £50 on the table and asked me to take care of it until his next pay day ...next thing I saw from the corner of my eye was the same woolly monster standing in the doorway - as she did when up to mischief. 'What have you got?' I asked, and she opened one side of her mouth to show me the small wad of notes clamped firmly between what were iron jaws. The next hour was a game of will ...me pretending I didn't care, her, laid with paws over nose defying me to even try. So, I walked through the hall where she could see me, and 'dropped' a piece of a chocolate biscuit I was eating as I walked. Took around 20 minutes, but she eventually darted forward and I darted behind her and grabbed the cash. She always gave in gracefully though.
She never destroyed or any of these things, but there was always the chance.
The others have been easy to get things off, and I always make sure I can touch both dog and the food they're eating right from being puppies.
The big one that we just lost had a passion for bread or salad - she could 'surf' a worktop without stretching, and a slice of bread or mouthful of salad would be gone in a trice!
We soon learned never to answer the door whilst having lunch unless we took her out of the room too - she'd eat the lot ...no matter how good she was, she couldn't resist!

Still, this one does like to gnaw the base of my office chair for a few minutes at night, and sometimes the camera tripod feet, but has done no damage so far ..only thing is a hole in the base of her bed ..and most always have flimsy fabric on the base sadly! Hardly her forever bed, so not too concerned at this stage - she's growing rapidly so will need a bigger bed soon anyway :)

I've no doubt you have similar memories that make you smile.

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Terry - I just found two sealed 15ml 12mg bottles NT's G.C.Danish - well steeped, they were a gift to pass on in an order I placed a few months ago. I'd forgotten I had them.
Do you want them? ...and if not, anyone else?
Not for me Trisha, but thanks for the offer :) I can`t remember if it was Ian or not who sent me some of that to try, and i wasn`t too keen !

Reactions: Pictor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread