Welcome to the XTAR forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

XTAR-Justin

Registered Wholesaler/manufacturer
Mar 9, 2012
China
www.xtar.cc
Welcome to the xtar forum! Our mission and passion is to make best chargers and batteries for people to experience the fun of vaping, and we are here to help answer your any questions and hold giveaways!

It’s very excited to be here thanks to the efforts of Misty and Neil. And thanks for your support, that we are still here today and be able to celebrate the XTAR 10th anniversary.

For those who know us, hope to see you raise your hands here! :headbang:

For those who may not know us, “Nice to meet you!” :toast:

Misty

Forum Admin Supplier & Commercial Manager
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2008
Canada
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: test

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
I emailed your company with a question and never heard back so I'll give it a try here. I bought a VP4 a while ago and I am happy with it, but I have one concern. Sometimes when I am charging one or two batteries for a while and then I add another it doesn't read the new one until I pull the others and then put them all back in. It doesn't do this all the time, just once in a while. Is this something that I should be concerned about? Thanks in advance.

XTAR-Justin

Mar 9, 2012
China
www.xtar.cc
I emailed your company with a question and never heard back so I'll give it a try here. I bought a VP4 a while ago and I am happy with it, but I have one concern. Sometimes when I am charging one or two batteries for a while and then I add another it doesn't read the new one until I pull the others and then put them all back in. It doesn't do this all the time, just once in a while. Is this something that I should be concerned about? Thanks in advance.
Hi, this is the first time we have heard about this. Is it possible that when you charging one or two batteries, add another one may not have perfect connection? Please inform us when this happened again. BTW,which email address did you contact? If you have any questions, welcome to contact us at info@xtar.cc.

Thank you!

Reactions: Kprthevapr

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
I used the "contact us" link on xtardirect.com, if I remember correctly. I did try and re-seat the newly added battery, so I don't think it was an issue of not making a perfect connection. It only happens once in a while. Next time I'll try to re-seat the added battery a couple of times and make sure that's not the issue. Thanks for getting back to me.

Reactions: Kprthevapr

XTAR-Justin

Mar 9, 2012
China
www.xtar.cc
I used the "contact us" link on xtardirect.com, if I remember correctly. I did try and re-seat the newly added battery, so I don't think it was an issue of not making a perfect connection. It only happens once in a while. Next time I'll try to re-seat the added battery a couple of times and make sure that's not the issue. Thanks for getting back to me.
Hi, xtardirect.com is one of our US distributors. We will inform them about this and sorry for the late reply. And you are welcome to visit www.xtar.cc and contact us at anytime if you have any questions. Thank you!

iBloke

Verified Member
May 25, 2016
The Lan Dow Nunda
I dig my SP2...except the original power supply died within a few months of rare single 18650 use on the lowest charge setting of 0.5 amps (I've never needed fast charge so 0.5 amps is perfect over night and is good for battery health), but I was unable to get a replacement under warranty so I had to buy another equivalent spec power supply for nearly the same cost as my Total original SP2 purchase price. :(

Not very happy about the added expense, and have NEVER had a power supply fail me on Anything before. :nah:

My guess is Xtar make Great chargers, but are let down by the poor quality power supplies they package with the charger (cost cutting?)

The positive is, the new power supply, at my expense, has been rock solid since, and so has the SP2.

I Will buy Xtar chargers again, but Will also be wary of the poor power supplies they package with them. Caveat Emptor.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I have been an Xtar user for several years now, and have been happy with the chargers. Last June I purchased a VP-1, and recently I have been getting a weird screen when turning it on. What does it mean?
Sorry about the sideways pics, haven't figured out how to remedy that yet.

Edit: I just cleaned all contacts, and it seems to be good now. Maybe this will help someone in the future.

IMG_0032 (Custom).JPG
IMG_0033 (Custom).JPG

Last edited:

XTAR-Justin

Mar 9, 2012
China
www.xtar.cc
I have been an Xtar user for several years now, and have been happy with the chargers. Last June I purchased a VP-1, and recently I have been getting a weird screen when turning it on. What does it mean?
Sorry about the sideways pics, haven't figured out how to remedy that yet.

Edit: I just cleaned all contacts, and it seems to be good now. Maybe this will help someone in the future.

View attachment 609903 View attachment 609905
Hi, the screen is weird and glad to know it's OK now. Please email your local XTAR distributor where you purchased from to honer the warranty if it happens again. Thank you!

Reactions: oplholik

XTAR-Justin

Mar 9, 2012
China
www.xtar.cc
I dig my SP2...except the original power supply died within a few months of rare single 18650 use on the lowest charge setting of 0.5 amps (I've never needed fast charge so 0.5 amps is perfect over night and is good for battery health), but I was unable to get a replacement under warranty so I had to buy another equivalent spec power supply for nearly the same cost as my Total original SP2 purchase price. :(

Not very happy about the added expense, and have NEVER had a power supply fail me on Anything before. :nah:

My guess is Xtar make Great chargers, but are let down by the poor quality power supplies they package with the charger (cost cutting?)

The positive is, the new power supply, at my expense, has been rock solid since, and so has the SP2.

I Will buy Xtar chargers again, but Will also be wary of the poor power supplies they package with them. Caveat Emptor.
Well noted! No people have this problem before as i know, but i will express this to our QC department! Thank you!

Reactions: oplholik

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
Hi, this is the first time we have heard about this. Is it possible that when you charging one or two batteries, add another one may not have perfect connection? Please inform us when this happened again. BTW,which email address did you contact? If you have any questions, welcome to contact us at info@xtar.cc.

Thank you!

It did this again today and I reset the battery 6 or 8 times with no luck. I unplugged the power, plugged it back in and then it read both batteries. I guess I'll send in an email.

XTAR-Justin

Mar 9, 2012
China
www.xtar.cc
It did this again today and I reset the battery 6 or 8 times with no luck. I unplugged the power, plugged it back in and then it read both batteries. I guess I'll send in an email.
Yes, please don't hesitate to email us at info@xtar.cc and tell us where are you come from and the problem you have, so our team who responsible for your local country can serve you better. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread