Smok Alien Kit 220w

Status
Not open for further replies.

jPhilly215

Verified Member
Sep 4, 2016
Philadelphia
dafk.net
This is a great and amazing mod . THere is not a thing I do not like about and is now my go to mod. dual 18650 pushing 220 watts , big s
screen full of info . Hell there is even an option to set amount of puffs per a day and turn off fire button unless you turn off the option .

The size and weight are perfect , its 11.5 oz Some would say its heavy but it is not in anyway . Its actually lsame if not lighter than my single 18650 AO Dagger which until I got ALien was my Favorite mod .

prices right now are 40 -70 bucks , I am buying atleast one more if not 2 because cost and performance I cant think of what could beat it . I also like they matching O rings on baby beast.

If you have any ??s I will gladly do my best , I might even make a video for this one .

La8tSpDs.jpg

collinsmcrae

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
The only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on this mod is the fact that 25mm attys overhang (anything larger just forget about it). Even if it's only slight overhang with 25mm attys, that's almost unforgivably stupid IMO. Why couldn't they just position the 510 a few mm back. I only use big RTA's and RDAs with my high powered mods, and so do a lot of people, so it's really just bafflingly short sighted on their part. If not for the overhang, this mod would be at the top of everyone's wanted list.

jPhilly215

Verified Member
Sep 4, 2016
Philadelphia
dafk.net
The only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on this mod is the fact that 25mm attys overhang (anything larger just forget about it). Even if it's only slight overhang with 25mm attys, that's almost unforgivably stupid IMO. Why couldn't they just position the 510 a few mm back. I only use big RTA's and RDAs with my high powered mods, and so do a lot of people, so it's really just bafflingly short sighted on their part. If not for the overhang, this mod would be at the top of everyone's wanted list.

the Tfv8 beast fits on really nice no over hang :)

wiL1cJ1m.jpg

collinsmcrae

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
almost none its like a hair with the Limitless RDTA plus

L9enJLrl.jpg
Perhaps I'm just splitting hairs, but I feel that any new high powered mod shouldn't have any overhang with today's wildly popular 25mm attys. In fact, I think their should be room to Spair because some people use attys even larger than 25mm. It's a shame, because without this irritating flaw (irritating IMO anyway) this mod would be damned near perfect.

Reactions: Laura Miller

jPhilly215

Verified Member
Sep 4, 2016
Philadelphia
dafk.net
Perhaps I'm just splitting hairs, but I feel that any new high powered mod shouldn't have any overhang with today's wildly popular 25mm attys. In fact, I think their should be room to Spair because some people use attys even larger than 25mm. It's a shame, because without this irritating flaw (irritating IMO anyway) this mod would be damned near perfect.

The size is where i think it wins . its the same size as the AO Dagger which is a single 18650 . It used to be my go to because it fit in my pocket easy and did not weight much . I agree with you as well Im just looking at both sides

Reactions: collinsmcrae

collinsmcrae

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
The size is where i think it wins . its the same size as the AO Dagger which is a single 18650 . It used to be my go to because it fit in my pocket easy and did not weight much . I agree with you as well Im just looking at both sides
I just ordered the Alien Sunday actually, for those very reasons. The form factor, looks, and performance were enough to win me over, but I still have to fault them for the 510 placement. If that bit was correct, I would probably be twice as excited right now (however, I'm still pretty excited).

Reactions: gotch23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread