Official ProVari Radius Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2016
Nice looking setup! May I ask...what tank is that? Thank you!
Yep, a Nautilus X which is the only tank I have used but thanks to the people of this forum a Kayfun 5 and a mini 3 are on the way!

I really like the Nautilus, have used it also with the 4ml kit but I guess I prefer the original. I've heard it works better with the 1.8 ohm coils instead of the 1.5 ones but haven't been able to get them

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
Though I've not seen much activity from the ProVape people these days, I'm hoping one might see this message and offer some information.

I really like Coil Control but due to the lack of info about it, it is probably the most frustrating factor in my vape life.

The first time I used it, it was glorious. I spread the word where applicable just because it was so good. But now, it's definitely hit or miss whether it works at all - and for reasons I don't understand so troubleshooting is useless.

It almost never works with a new 1.8 or 1.6 coil, even when the vape was brilliant with the coil I removed. It displays "output error" at any group and any level so I'm reduced to using just the normal power adjustment. After a tank or two (or when I think of it) I can change to CC and it works great. THAT'S frustrating.

Leading to the annoyance is that I have no idea of how the groups scale. I don't know if A is less power/weaker than B or vice versa. Perhaps it uses completely different parameters and power isn't an issue. I don't know what raising the level from 1 to 2 does. More power? More duration? Both? Neither?

Like I said, frustrating. It's a great thing when it works, but when it doesn't the user is pretty much reduced to chicken bones and Voodoo to get things straightened out.

Maybe this is a question for customer service but weeks of back and forth emails to get the required info is annoying also. And though every one has proven exceptional at making a customer happy I don't get the impression that the CSRs are especially experienced in the deeper technical aspects/

Last edited:

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2016
Hi. I received the Kyfun Min v3 yesterday and after 5 or 6 attemps I managed to build my first coil. It came out at 1.9 ohms using 30g Kanthal a1.

The cotton was primed and the tank is ready to use, I just have a question: How do I know if after puting the rest of the tank there can be a short circuit? I've armed it and the tab keeps reading the same resistance. My gues if that there was a short it would not read the same, right?

If, by any chance I have a short, what will happen with the Radius? I guess it will show an error, right?

These might be dumb questions but since its my first attemp I want to do everything ok

Attachments

• IMG_0771.jpg
    IMG_0771.jpg
    1,014.3 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Reactions: AstroTurf

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
Hi. I received the Kyfun Min v3 yesterday and after 5 or 6 attemps I managed to build my first coil. It came out at 1.9 ohms using 30g Kanthal a1.

The cotton was primed and the tank is ready to use, I just have a question: How do I know if after puting the rest of the tank there can be a short circuit? I've armed it and the tab keeps reading the same resistance. My gues if that there was a short it would not read the same, right?

If, by any chance I have a short, what will happen with the Radius? I guess it will show an error, right?

These might be dumb questions but since its my first attemp I want to do everything ok

It wont fire with a short. So you should be good to go. I normally juice the cotton well and pulse fire it for around 6 times before putting the tank on. Then juice again and put tank on and vape away.

Reactions: AstroTurf

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
Yonjuro, thanks!

It works! :thumbs:

This is great... vapor, flavour and the way this atty works. Kinf of hard being the first one, I guess it will be easier with the K5

Great work ! Once you've done the first it is clear sailing :) 30g kanthal is a pain as it is so thin. 28 is a good versatile wire, I mainly use 26 or 27 :)

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Great work ! Once you've done the first it is clear sailing :) 30g kanthal is a pain as it is so thin. 28 is a good versatile wire, I mainly use 26 or 27 :)

Agreed. I use 28g Kanthal with 8 wraps @ 2.5mm diameter resulting in 1.5 Ω, wattage set to 12 to 15 watts on both the K5 and mini v3. Easy build getting great flavor with ample vapor (although, not clouds bro), and just overall great performance.

I do wish that SM would release a P3 base to replace the 510 base as an option for the K5 (and sold seperately). I don't know if the 19mm mini v3 would be able to accommodate the p3 base, but I'm pretty sure the K5 could.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Had a close call with my Stealth Radius/Kabuki on Friday night. I was at a concert and it fell out of my pocket. I luckily found it 2 rows ahead under a seat at the end of the show. I was more than a little relieved.

And yes, alcohol WAS involved. ;)

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada
Had a close call with my Stealth Radius/Kabuki on Friday night. I was at a concert and it fell out of my pocket. I luckily found it 2 rows ahead under a seat at the end of the show. I was more than a little relieved.

And yes, alcohol WAS involved. ;)

Note to self.

If going to indulge leave the good stuff at home.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Fantastic!
Note to self.

If going to indulge leave the good stuff at home.
Yup. I know better as I lost a 4 hour old Mini Volt in a Nashville bar in Feb. :mad:

Usually I bring a iStick 30 when I go out to bars/concerts, but I was in a rush and didnt have a 510 tank loaded up with juice, so grabbed my P3 Kabuki and the Radius as it was all charged up.

Next time I go out and get messy (pretty rare), old eLeaf or Kanger mods only! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread