Have you ever accidentally created a flavor you really like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
I was sitting around about a month ago and thought to myself "What if I added a bit of caramel to a vanilla custard?"

So, I mixed up a batch.

6% TFA Vanilla Custard
2% TFA French Vanilla
1% TFA Pie Crust
2% TFA Caramel

I mixed it up and then put it on a shelf and sort of forgot about it. Tonight I figured I would go ahead and try it and see how it turned out.

I hearby dub thee IHOP.

I swear it tastes and smells exactly like pancakes with maple syrup. My daughter came into the room after I had taken two puffs and immediately asked me if I had made pancakes. Later on my wife came into the room and we were sitting down to have some chicken for dinner and I blew out a large puff into the kitchen when she wasn't looking. After a moment she asked me why she smelled pancakes.

Total accident and not what I was expecting nor intending, but I really like it.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Awesome! I haven't had an "accidental" but I have done the "perfect mix" and failed to write down what I did. I've never been able to get close again even after a couple dozen attempts.

Yours actually sounds quite tasty. Bookmarked to mix. Thanks for sharing!! :thumbs:
(And BONUS; I actually have all the flavors!)

Hendog24

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2016
Washington, DC
I have but it was just mixing 2 pre made eliquids so I'm not sure it counts but...

I was vaping mount baker Vapor "USA Blend" tobacco flavor and they sent me a free bottle of "Constable Coconut's Cookies" and I tried it in the same tank that just ran out of the USA and I was blown away by how good it was and it was a total accident.

A 50/50 mix of those 2 eliquids is now my all day vape.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I make what I call Mood Mixes where I mix in a 2ML tank. I have come up with some very nice tasting vapes but also didn't write down what I did because what started as 2 flavors became 6 before I was done. No percentages more of like how I cook....... Taste and it needs a little of this or that!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
For me, it's all luck if I really like the first try at mixing juice with any flavor! I look at what other people have posted and try to err on the low side. It's easier to add more if it needs additional flavor after steeping. Sometimes, I luck up and get it right the first time. Today I'm vaping a recipe I found here in ECF that's probably going to be my favorite daily vape for a long time.

3% FA Seven Leaves
.5% FA Black Fire

FA Seven Leaves is a good vape for me, but it's a little on the sweet side as a single flavor. Adding the 1/2% FA Black Fire adds a mild woody and smoky accent that makes it just right.

There's a hint of the Seven Leaves sweetness that gets pushed to the background and the Black Fire creates a realistic mild and smoky tobacco flavor that kind of reminds me of a Winston cigarette's mild sweetness. It's pretty satisfying right now. I might even push the Black Fire to .75% next batch to see what happens.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread