Not open for further replies.

Aditya_PRTM

Oct 12, 2016
Hi, lately I bought Strawberrys cream flavouring by TFA/TPA, I mix it
60:40
6% Strawberry cream
4% Butter Cream (KH ROBERT)
5% Sucralose (unbranded)

I have benn steep for 3 to 5 days, but it still taste like flavorless, I just can smell strawberry and it feels very "thin"

if I had to replace a sweetener? or I have to add another flavor?

Reactions: Jdurand

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Hi, lately I bought Strawberrys cream flavouring by TFA/TPA, I mix it
60:40
6% Strawberry cream
4% Butter Cream (KH ROBERT)
5% Sucralose (unbranded)

I have benn steep for 3 to 5 days, but it still taste like flavorless, I just can smell strawberry and it feels very "thin"

if I had to replace a sweetener? or I have to add another flavor?
I would leave the Sucralose out. It and the Butter Cream are crowding out the taste of the strawberry.
Try mixing just the strawberry. Let it steep and then see if it needs something else.
On the Sucralose depending on size of bottle, I would use maybe 2 drops in a 30ml bottle. You can adjust the sweet taste a little at a time, by drops not mls or pcts.

Aditya_PRTM

Oct 12, 2016
I would leave the Sucralose out. It and the Butter Cream are crowding out the taste of the strawberry.
Try mixing just the strawberry. Let it steep and then see if it needs something else.
On the Sucralose depending on size of bottle, I would use maybe 2 drops in a 30ml bottle. You can adjust the sweet taste a little at a time, by drops not mls or pcts.
Noted! Ya I just mixing it of your tips, will give you report next week
Is the 60:40

PG/VG
or
VG/PG

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
VG/PG

interesting with everything at small scale

follow my IG: @adhitya_prtm
WA: 0812 2074 2284

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Leave out the Sucralose. Sucralose tends to mute flavor when over used. Creams also need a good 3 or more weeks of steeping. You may also want to reduce the butter cream to 2% then to add thickness or body add EM or Marshmallow. These will also mute flavor if over used so if you use EM or marshmallow, use no more then 1% and definitely leave out the Sucralose.

Last edited:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I gave up on all sweeteners as they did tend to mute flavors too much. As Danny said, I use marshmallow at about 1% if I wish to sweeten a mix.

As marshmallow is mostly EM I generally recommend it as a thickener or to add body and not so much to sweeten. Using to much has the same effect as EM it mutes flavor.

Aditya_PRTM

Oct 12, 2016
As marshmallow is mostly EM I generally recommend it as a thickener or to add body and not so much to sweeten. Using to much has the same effect as EM it mutes flavor.
So, marshmallow = sweetener (give me "sweet" taste). I think marshmallow is like another flavour for give "taste" like Apple or something else
My palate must mistake the "body" for sweetness. I do keep it under 1% to avoid killing flavors.
Under 1% to avoid killing flavour(s)? Ok noted, thank you Jdurand :)

Reactions: IDJoel

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
My palate must mistake the "body" for sweetness. I do keep it under 1% to avoid killing flavors.

I use marshmallow for sweetness. Have been using it for years and it works very well IMHO. MM can give some flavors a full and fluffy feeling(if you use too much) but, it also adds sweet to the mix. I always opt for other flavors when I need to make a mix sweeter. Never artificial sweeteners.

Everyone is different with their tastes and opinions. There is no one way to do things that will work for everyone. Advice is always great to have but, in the end the suggestions may or may not work for the person asking for it. :2c:

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina

This ^^^^ is great advice IMHO Always best to test single flavors first before adding others to the mix. :thumb:

Reactions: IDJoel

Aditya_PRTM

Oct 12, 2016
Everyone is different with their tastes and opinions. There is no one way to do things that will work for everyone. Advice is always great to have but, in the end the suggestions may or may not work for the person asking for it. :2c:

Good point salem! But No problem it will works for me or not, I was able to learn about the "taste" of others, at least I get something new about something (to gain knowledge)
#just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread