Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
I got a second Origen Little in yesterday and finally reassembled the original Dripbox after stripping and refinishing it a few weeks ago. The two go well together, very small and light: 6 oz. with battery/atty/full juice vs. 8 oz. for the Coppervape and Nikita rigs shown here. I think I'll keep them together as a pair.

pmIMAG2122.jpg

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I got a second Origen Little in yesterday and finally reassembled the original Dripbox after stripping and refinishing it a few weeks ago. The two go well together, very small and light: 6 oz. with battery/atty/full juice vs. 8 oz. for the Coppervape and Nikita rigs shown here. I think I'll keep them together as a pair.

View attachment 609031

Your DripBox 60w looks Great.

How Difficult was it to Disassemble?

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Your DripBox 60w looks Great.

How Difficult was it to Disassemble?

Thanks. I do like the look, feel and practicality of bare aluminum.

Not difficult, though a little tricky. The ground wire is attached to the body with a press fit brass pin. I had to cut it to disassemble. To get it back together I had to drill/tap a screw in the same place and solder a fitting onto the wire. At least next time it will come apart and go together easily.

Last edited:
Reactions: zoiDman

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Funny you said that Train...I just disassembled the button assembly and firing plate from the 510. The button had a burr on the stem that i cleaned up with a exacto knife and it is working much smoother now. Have a machine shop at my disposal... I may have to take the button from the parts kit and see what I can come up with.

Dang , a machine shop , i could live in there and never come out . Actually i do live in a machine shop now but no machines , converted into studio apt .

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014

View attachment 609031

I am waiting on the Origen Little , sounds like it's a winner. Wow, that Origin Little really does look tiny compared to the other atties .

Reactions: TheWestPole

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thanks. I do like the look, feel and practicality of bare aluminum.

Not difficult, though a little tricky. The ground wire is attached to the body with a press fit brass pin. I had to cut it to disassemble. To get it back together I had to drill/tap a screw in the same place and solder a fitting onto the wire. At least next time it will come apart and go together easily.

I've been Toying with the idea of Stripping mine. Just might have to give it a go If I can Find some Free Time.

ThaFuzz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2015
Virginia Beach

View attachment 609031

Tell me more about this nikita, please...... i like the looks of this...

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
So the clone from Fasttech Showed up. I put a few pics below next to the COV Wraith for size comparison.

Overall I like it, the RDA is nice to build on and the flavor is nice. My favorite part of the mod is the way you pull the entire top of the mod off to access the juice bottle.

Oh the drip tip I have on is not the one that comes with the mod - I didnt care for that one so I through one on from a Subtank on and it is working great.

29914475663_4db1836c86_z.jpg

30511529016_fc906067c9_z.jpg

30430934672_daaf3ff122_z.jpg

30547569355_88947fb596_z.jpg>

30547568225_ba65f56cf8_z.jpg

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
I dig the mod, but I don't like the button. If this had a button like the custom classic, it'd be perfect. Has anyone changed out the button yet or do you all like it?
Suppose we just gotta wait until someone can make some replacement buttons , theres Enough creative people about , but ive no problems with my button ,

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I dig the mod, but I don't like the button. If this had a button like the custom classic, it'd be perfect. Has anyone changed out the button yet or do you all like it?

I don't mind the Button. Kinda Like it in fact.

When I got my First CV Mods, I didn't think I would like it. Seemed I needed to push more on the Edge then straight down the Center like I was used to. And it did have a Slight Crunch to it 1/2 way threw the Stroke.

But after a Short Time, the crunch went Away. And my Grip and Push became Muscle Memory.

Now, when I switch to my DripBox, I find myself pushing down on top of the DripBox. And wishing my CV Button was on my DripBox.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014

I don't mind the button but i prefer it to be about a 1/4 taller and all metal . It looks exceptionally easy to alter or change though to fit ones preferences .

VladK16

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
Toledo, OH USA
Got mine in today along with a Narda with a B/F from FT. Gotta say that this guy is really well built. I don't know if it's because I don't have very much experience with mechs, but I cannot get this guy to push out a reasonable vape. I've tried builds ranging from around .5 ohms to around 1.5 ohms with kanthal and SS with the same results on different rdas including the stock one, the Narda (damn that thing it a pita to put a coil in), a No Pity, a Derringer and a Velocity...Umm yeah, this guy has occupied most of my day today. I've tried fresh HG2s, HE4s, and 24Rs with no joy as well.

Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong? This thing seems too nice to give up on.

Dconnor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
Las Vegas
Got mine in today along with a Narda with a B/F from FT. Gotta say that this guy is really well built. I don't know if it's because I don't have very much experience with mechs, but I cannot get this guy to push out a reasonable vape. I've tried builds ranging from around .5 ohms to around 1.5 ohms with kanthal and SS with the same results on different rdas including the stock one, the Narda (damn that thing it a pita to put a coil in), a No Pity, a Derringer and a Velocity...Umm yeah, this guy has occupied most of my day today. I've tried fresh HG2s, HE4s, and 24Rs with no joy as well.

Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong? This thing seems too nice to give up on.

Try cleaning the magnets and holes that they go in on the body of the mod. If it is dirty in there you will get a weak fire.

Blind Owl

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2014
BC, Canada
Try cleaning the magnets and holes that they go in on the body of the mod. If it is dirty in there you will get a weak fire.

Likewise the mating surfaces of the top & bottom, which are the main conductors, and everything else along the electrical path, for instance the brass flathead screw that closes the circuit. Probably couldn't hurt to put a small drop of conductive goo (e.g. Noalox) down the magnet holes, provided it doesn't goosh out & make a mess elsewhere. I haven't had any such problems with either of my units, which suggests yours is curable.

And yes, it is too nice to give up. :cool:

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014

Wow, all those RDA's and you still can't get a decent vape , thats weird. When i started using it i got a very weak vape myself but figured out that the topper that comes with it is an awful single coil atty .

I also made a big mistake of using a higher OHM coil than most do . I believe it was around 1.1 ohm's and still no good at all .

Finally i said i will add another coil to it and try it with duals, while at it i also dropped down to around .6 ohm and BINGO .

The beast came to life immediately and almost knocked my socks off , dang man that was awesome.

Reactions: beckah54
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread