Regular Atty Drippers (A Dying Breed?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
any ideas for using disposables on a flat-top mod designed for RDAs?

i'm guessing washers/grommets/whatevertheyrecalled but no clue on what size

Hi MamaTried. You won't need ANYthing if I understand your question right. The base of the disposable is a male 510, it will just screw right down into your 510 connection.

What I have learned that you have to watch for though, is that many new mods do NOT have notches cut on the top surface of the 510 connector to allow air down into the female 510 connector, and you will not get airflow through an atomizer. A disturbing trend. My RX200 has em, as does the smok T80. But my latest, a VT75, Triades and such, do not. I thougtht there was something wrong with my atty!

If you like the higher capacity of an RDA and want to go REALLY "Old Skool" get ahold of Empire mods, and see if they still have Drip shields. Those were a shroud that went around the disposable, that had an O-ring on the bottom and would catch the over-drip that would come out of the bottom (leak) and hold it so it could go BACK into the atty. You could put a good 20 drops in one of those.

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
Hi MamaTried. You won't need ANYthing if I understand your question right. The base of the disposable is a male 510, it will just screw right down into your 510 connection.

What I have learned that you have to watch for though, is that many new mods do NOT have notches cut on the top surface of the 510 connector to allow air down into the female 510 connector, and you will not get airflow through an atomizer. A disturbing trend. My RX200 has em, as does the Smok T80. But my latest, a VT75, Triades and such, do not. I thougtht there was something wrong with my atty!

If you like the higher capacity of an RDA and want to go REALLY "Old Skool" get ahold of Empire mods, and see if they still have Drip shields. Those were a shroud that went around the disposable, that had an O-ring on the bottom and would catch the over-drip that would come out of the bottom (leak) and hold it so it could go BACK into the atty. You could put a good 20 drops in one of those.

perhaps i should have mentioned i'm a bottom-feeder (squonker)

i had a custom DNA40 mod built out of a Reo Woodville. it has no catchcup. i tried it out with a disposable atty and it leaked and destroyed the DNA40. i have a few other bottom-feeder mods w/o catchcups.

with an RDA, i know what size of o-rings to use to prevent leaking. except, due to physical problems, i can't use RDAS for the foreseeable future, tho that's all i used to use. ( i have a ton of RDAs i can no longer use)

all bottom-feeding attys leak, even disposables. i used to use o-rings on my RDAs. i'm curious to try an o-ring with a disposable, but no clue what size. i'd have to order it online since, due to physical limitations, going somewhere like Home Depot is out of the question for me.

hope that makes more sense. looking for an o-ring to fit under a disposable

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
perhaps i should have mentioned i'm a bottom-feeder (squonker)

i had a custom DNA40 mod built out of a Reo Woodville. it has no catchcup. i tried it out with a disposable atty and it leaked and destroyed the DNA40. i have a few other bottom-feeder mods w/o catchcups.

with an RDA, i know what size of o-rings to use to prevent leaking. except, due to physical problems, i can't use RDAS for the foreseeable future, tho that's all i used to use. ( i have a ton of RDAs i can no longer use)

all bottom-feeding attys leak, even disposables. i used to use o-rings on my RDAs. i'm curious to try an o-ring with a disposable, but no clue what size. i'd have to order it online since, due to physical limitations, going somewhere like Home Depot is out of the question for me.

hope that makes more sense. looking for an o-ring to fit under a disposable

OIC! Hmm... I'm not sure you can get it to work. Unless it sits UNDER the disposable, completely, the air holes could get blocked. And if it sits UNDER it, then the positive can't connect. Is there something I am missing? I'm not a squonker, so you have my apologies for being completely out of the loop on the needs of a squonk device.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
@MamaTried

Disposables ? Not sure of what you are talking about :(
We pretty much all used the regular Joye 510 attys at the beginnings of REO etc.
(I still do)
Some switched to using cartos...

It's the nature of the beast with a standard atty to flood if over filled (over squonked)
and it's the old "learning curve" thing.

If the 510 female connection is open into the mod and not a sealed connection, you are gonna have leaking into the mod.

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
@MamaTried

Disposables ? Not sure of what you are talking about :(
We pretty much all used the regular Joye 510 attys at the beginnings of REO etc.
(I still do)
Some switched to using cartos...

It's the nature of the beast with a standard atty to flood if over filled (over squonked)
and it's the old "learning curve" thing.

If the 510 female connection is open into the mod and not a sealed connection, you are gonna have leaking into the mod.
hello, my (not so) secret love... :wub:

yeh i have been using Joye 510s lately. 1.4 ohms from vapor kings

i'm guessing that o-rings for those are out of the question. i give up. i'll only use them in mods with catchcups

Reactions: classwife

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
hello, my (not so) secret love... :wub:

yeh i have been using Joye 510s lately. 1.4 ohms from vapor kings

i'm guessing that o-rings for those are out of the question. i give up. i'll only use them in mods with catchcups

probably won't be helpful, but I seem to be remembering an atty from the old days that didn't have the hole in the bottom? maybe I'm crazy and that will bring a laugh from the crowd or maybe someone will know what I'm talking about.

Reactions: Mr.Mann

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
probably won't be helpful, but I seem to be remembering an atty from the old days that didn't have the hole in the bottom? maybe I'm crazy and that will bring a laugh from the crowd or maybe someone will know what I'm talking about.

I think you are referring to "sealed" dripping atomizers.

THIS...

IMG_0168__55267.1317696292.1280.1280.jpg

VS...

ATTY-510-LR-2.jpg

THAT.

Sealed atties:

Empiremods Bridge Free LR510 1.8ohm

LR510 Low Resistance Bridgeless 1.5 ohm Sealed Post Atomizer (Cisco Spec)

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN

silkakc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2010
Canandaigua, NY
Anyone having luck finding the Joye 510 attys in the 2.0 -2.3 range -in bulk? VaporKings is no longer carrying them. I found several sites that had them for terrible prices and I can't see paying $3-$7 per unit. Half of my attys last me 1 day and the other half last me 2-3weeks. VK still has the 1.5 ohm ones but I've never cared for the LR ones.

Reactions: Katdarling

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Anyone having luck finding the Joye 510 attys in the 2.0 -2.3 range -in bulk?
If you don't mind white ones, I can send you a bunch.
I have way more than I'll ever need, and the white ones I'm sure I'll never use.

PM me if you are interested.
:)

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Anyone having luck finding the Joye 510 attys in the 2.0 -2.3 range -in bulk? VaporKings is no longer carrying them. I found several sites that had them for terrible prices and I can't see paying $3-$7 per unit. Half of my attys last me 1 day and the other half last me 2-3weeks. VK still has the 1.5 ohm ones but I've never cared for the LR ones.

Me either. Weird. I always liked the SRs.

Reactions: cags

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN

if you don't take up the offer of the generous member above, I recently got some here: Joye 510 Atomizer SR

they only have colors, and the site can be aggravating while trying to figure out how many they have of each color. I ended up calling them. but I'm happy with my purchase

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
if you don't take up the offer of the generous member above, I recently got some here: Joye 510 Atomizer SR

they only have colors, and the site can be aggravating while trying to figure out how many they have of each color. I ended up calling them. but I'm happy with my purchase

Whoa. .99!

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Such a deal!

One day someone will pay more than .99 for one of these.

Whuuu'? D'ey got some authentic, unused Joyetech 510 dripping atties? Let'em in. Let's talk!

Old jazz records! Collectors and whatnot.

silkakc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2010
Canandaigua, NY

Thank you so much!

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I really mean AvidVaper no ill will, but how is it that their price on attys has not gone down? I want to buy a bunch, but I can't at that price... at least, not in today's market. They do have a superior product (in terms of 510 attys), but the price is as it was years ago (maybe only differernt by like a buck or something). The HHs have come down a bit more, but still basically $20 a pop. The regular attys are $8 per. That is what I paid for Joyes in 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread