RTS Trivia Contests

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Vapin_Chemist

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
Hello everyone, I hope everybody had a great weekend! There seemed to be a little confusion about our MASH question. The correct answer was Jamie Farr because he was in the Army AND was stationed in Korea during the Korean War. Thanks to everyone that participated, please help me congratulate @oplholik on winning this weeks trivia!

Answers:
1. What state is the setting of the television series, Friday Night Lights?
a. Texas

2. What TV show’s trademark opening narration included changing the names “to protect the innocent”?
a. Dragnet

3. Before Vanna White’s first appearance as Pat Sajak’s assistant on Wheel of Fortune in 1982, she appeared as a contestant on what long-running game show?
a. The Price is Right

4. What creator and writer has won several Emmys for his work on The Practice, L.A. Law and Ally McBeal?
a. David E. Kelley

5. What talk show host’s final guests were Bette Midler and Robin Williams?
a. Johnny Carson it was in 1992 and drew 55 million viewers)

6. What was the name of the Endeavour 42 sailboat the Sonny Crockett lives on during that series run of Miami Vice?
a. St. Vitus Dance

7. Who played Detective Lieutenant Dan August before his movie career took off?
a. Burt Reynolds

8. What TV show featured the first interracial kiss?
a. Star Trek (between Captain Kirk and Lt. Uhura)

9. What 2003 reality show was actually a parody of reality TV in which the “winner” was actually surrounded by actors posing as contestants?
a. The Joe Schmo Show

10. The Hills, starring Lauren Conrad, was a reality spin-off from what other MTV series?
a. Laguna Beach

11. Who was the only regular castmember from M*A*S*H to have actually served in the Korean War?
a. Jamie Farr

12. What actress portrayed Diane Chambers on Cheers and later as a recurring character on Fraiser?
a. Shelly Long

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
The correct answer was Jamie Farr because he was in the Army AND was stationed in Korea during the Korean War.
Actually I don't think he was. He was in Korea, but this says he joined the Army in 1957. The korean war was over in 53.
The reality of military service isn't too far fetch for Christopher and Farr. Both Jamie Farr and William Christopher served in the Army. Farr joined the US Army in 1957 and was there for two years and served in Japan and Korea. Christopher is a Korean War vet who spent his tour entertaining the occupation troops in Germany.
'M*A*S*H' Stars Honor Korean War Vets in Heroes' Homecoming

I've always seen several other resources that say about the same, so would be interested in what you found saying otherwise.

Famous Veterans: Alan Alda | Military.com Military.com in the 4th paragraph says Alan Alda served 6 months in Korea, during the war.

congrats Opl!!!!

The_Vapin_Chemist

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
Actually I don't think he was. He was in Korea, but this says he joined the Army in 1957. The korean war was over in 53.

'M*A*S*H' Stars Honor Korean War Vets in Heroes' Homecoming

I've always seen several other resources that say about the same, so would be interested in what you found saying otherwise.

Famous Veterans: Alan Alda | Military.com Military.com in the 4th paragraph says Alan Alda served 6 months in Korea, during the war.

congrats Opl!!!!
Sorry if it is incorrect Deb! I take all of our questions straight out of about 5 different trivia book, please don't hold me accountable. :cry::cry:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Sorry if it is incorrect Deb! I take all of our questions straight out of about 5 different trivia book, please don't hold me accountable. :cry::cry:
No biggie hun!......just wanted to put that out there. I don't care about for the contest aspect. Just love my MASH. It is hands down my all time favorite show. I have all 11 seasons and the movie on dvd and have watched it all through many times. Even before that when reruns were just on tv, my son always thought it was kewl that I knew which episode it was before the credits even finished rolling lol :wub:

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Good luck picking out your stuff, OP. It took me 2 weeks lol I kept adding to my cart and then changing it. When I finally hit the order button, it was like Christmas in October!!!

I am always amazed with the careful packing job that RTS does. Their packages are seriously the most well packed vape mail that I have ever received. Each item was like opening a hand wrapped gift :)

Much thanks again to my very favorite DIY vendor. :thumb:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I am always amazed with the careful packing job that RTS does. Their packages are seriously the most well packed vape mail that I have ever received. Each item was like opening a hand wrapped gift :)
very true! I try to save the bubble wrap to reuse, but bout needed a machete to get all the tape off hehehe

, although I hate dealing with all the popcorn, or whatever it's called,
this is also true! The dog thinks it's snacks for him, so gotta keep him from eatin what falls on the floor

The_Vapin_Chemist

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
It's Trivia Time! Our category this week is Music, and the contest will run through Thursday night. I will announce our random winner from all correct answers on Friday. Good luck!

1. From what song did Vanilla Ice illegally sample the beat to his hit “Ice Ice Baby”?

2. What two pop divas appeared on The Mickey Mouse club in the early 90s?

3. What quirky 80s singer’s debut album was entitled She’s So Unusual?

4. What 70s pop group’s hits were all written by David Gates?

5. What rock and roll legend sang back up on Carly Simon’s “You’re So Vain”?

6. Name the original members of the Jackson Five?

7. What movie star once appeared in Paula Abdul’s “Rush, Rush”?

8. What are the names of two brothers of British rock group Oasis?

9. What are Jimmy Buffet fans known as?

10. What song from An Officer and a Gentleman won an Oscar and a Golden Globe?

11. In what country would you find Ipanema?

12. What former minor league baseball player is also the only black musician to be a member of the Grand Ole Opry?

Reactions: salemgold

The_Vapin_Chemist

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
Thanks everyone for playing, this seemed to be a little too easy because everyone got all of them right! Next week I'll have to enter the :matrix: and find some harder questions. :D

Congratulations @Princessdee for being our random winner this week! Stay tuned for more trivia next week and have a great weekend vapers!!

Answers:
1. From what song did Vanilla Ice illegally sample the beat to his hit “Ice Ice Baby”?
a. “Under Pressure” (written by members of Queen and David Bowie)

2. What two pop divas appeared on The Mickey Mouse club in the early 90s?
a. Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera

3. What quirky 80s singer’s debut album was entitled She’s So Unusual?
a. Cyndi Lauper

4. What 70s pop group’s hits were all written by David Gates?
a. Bread

5. What rock and roll legend sang back up on Carly Simon’s “You’re So Vain”?
a. Mick Jagger

6. Name the original members of the Jackson Five?
a. Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, Marlon, and Michael (oldest to youngest)

7. What movie star once appeared in Paula Abdul’s “Rush, Rush”?
a. Keanu Reeves

8. What are the names of two brothers of British rock group Oasis?
a. Noel & Liam Gallagher

9. What are Jimmy Buffet fans known as?
a. Parrotheads

10. What song from An Officer and a Gentleman won an Oscar and a Golden Globe?
a. “Up Where We Belong” (by Joe Crocker and Jennifer Warnes)

11. In what country would you find Ipanema?
a. Brazil (made famous by the song “The Girl from Ipanema”)

12. What former minor league baseball player is also the only black musician to be a member of the Grand Ole Opry?
a. Charley Pride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread