GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Just received text confirming DHL EXPRESS scheduled delivery for Oct 28, 2016. Thank so much!! It will be here before my birthday:lol::banana::lol::banana:

We accelerated things to respond at your special occasion, this was the last Piccoloid in stock and we applied the requested finish as well :)

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
Perseas,

I hope you see this since I'm just about at the end of my ropes with my Heron V2. Out of 15 or so builds, I've only had a couple that worked. Those times were so remarkable in quality that I continue to try to figure this thing out.

After making every mistake in the book, I've come to the conclusion that I'm not getting vacuum built inside the tank, which causes the juice to actually run out of the airflow slot. Last night, 15 minutes after a complete disassembly, cleaning, and new build I picked my mod up and it had ejuice running down the sides. I had made 6 or 7 pulls which were almost perfect before I set it aside.

In disgust, I removed it and put the Heron on a tank stand which I placed on a piece of paper towel to catch the drainage. This morning, I saw that the towel was dry and no leakage from the air vent. I've vaped the small amount of juice left in the tank and it was really excellent.

I've drenched my dani box so many times I fear for its life - both the mod and the tank but for different reasons.

I've tried every wicking method I can find, including all of Qorax's. And I am sure that I am no longer unscrewing the deck ring by accident. I've looked at all the orings under magnification and can't see a single nick or other defect.

Note that I bought this item online from a trusted user who was not the original owner either. It still carries the original chamber cap with two side wick holes.

Do you have any suggestions for why the tank isn't stabilizing?

Reactions: qorax

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Perseas,

I hope you see this since I'm just about at the end of my ropes with my Heron V2. Out of 15 or so builds, I've only had a couple that worked. Those times were so remarkable in quality that I continue to try to figure this thing out.

After making every mistake in the book, I've come to the conclusion that I'm not getting vacuum built inside the tank, which causes the juice to actually run out of the airflow slot. Last night, 15 minutes after a complete disassembly, cleaning, and new build I picked my mod up and it had ejuice running down the sides. I had made 6 or 7 pulls which were almost perfect before I set it aside.

In disgust, I removed it and put the Heron on a tank stand which I placed on a piece of paper towel to catch the drainage. This morning, I saw that the towel was dry and no leakage from the air vent. I've vaped the small amount of juice left in the tank and it was really excellent.

I've drenched my dani box so many times I fear for its life - both the mod and the tank but for different reasons.

I've tried every wicking method I can find, including all of Qorax's. And I am sure that I am no longer unscrewing the deck ring by accident. I've looked at all the orings under magnification and can't see a single nick or other defect.

Note that I bought this item online from a trusted user who was not the original owner either. It still carries the original chamber cap with two side wick holes.

Do you have any suggestions for why the tank isn't stabilizing?
Hi, did you try these trouble shooting measures?
1) Beef-up the cotton a bit (so that it is NOT exactly 'less is more'),
2) Flare-up the wick tails and place them in a way that they slightly block the feed holes,
3) Lift the coil a tad so that it is around 2mm from the base's air channel,
4) Lube-up the chamber caps' top O-ring (which mates with the chimney shaft) - AND
5) Open up the airflow a little (more than what you normally like to use).

Reactions: perseas

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
Hi, did you try these trouble shooting measures?
1) Beef-up the cotton a bit (so that it is NOT exactly 'less is more'),
2) Flare-up the wick tails and place them in a way that they slightly block the feed holes,
3) Lift the coil a tad so that it is around 2mm from the base's air channel,
4) Lube-up the chamber caps' top O-ring (which mates with the chimney shaft) - AND
5) Open up the airflow a little (more than what you normally like to use).

Thanks so much for your response.

I have done all of these things with no apparent effect. #4 brings up another minor annoyance: I've used both juice or lip balm on the small o-ring at the top of the chamber cap, yet it still always comes off with the tank when I want to refill. That cap is by far the most frustrating part of the rta since it never ever wants to go on straight, but wants to slant to either side despite my best efforts to keep it level. It's not unusual for me to fit it four or five times before I can hear/feel the "snap". By then there's probably a good chance that I've damaged the cotton arrangement.

I have never gotten more than one tank from a build; even if it's right the first tank, removing the tank to refill always makes the tank leak again.

edit: it turns out that the language filter won't let me describe the non-level status of the chamber cap as (Male chicken)ed.

Reactions: h00ligan

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Just pulled the trigger for the piccoloid. I just hope I get in time for my birthday[emoji1]

Sent from mTalk

Its amazing.

I just received my dripper today. Flavor cap came last week.

First and again im blown away by fit and finish. Unfortunately Ultem in my opinion is one material which does not photograph well. It's difficult to convey the feel and quality of that material in photographs especially in black. In hand the device is amazing.

I personally love the flavor cap For a couple of reasons the first one obviously is slightly more flavor but considerably more density for the build that I put in there so far. Im sure i can make a build that equalizes and to most its probably not worth the extra money. BUt if the word density means something to your vape quality. The flavor cap is worth buying. If i Could get a second one i
Would. But it wouldn't stop me getting the dripper if i couldn't. At half the price again its definitely a luxury but if you can afford or find one id go for it if you are a single coil and mtl vaper. the other nice thing is thst the fact the half is blocked makes taking the atomizer off a mod very easy compared to most pop on caps where you have to remove the And then unscrew the base

The flavor that this pushes out is phenomenal and with either cap Both of flavor and density are heading shoulders above most RDA. I am amazed by the quality of the Vape I get from this device already and my build hasn't even broken in yet. Additionally it's superlight and nice and short so I can mount it on my little I stick for a very pocket friendly bottom feed setup

ddef54903e8141ece4f84ba4a368c0bb.jpg

Also I got the drip tips and a couple things the short one looks amazing on the heron v2 and the long one- I don't know that I've ever used a drip tip that had more impact on flavor then this long drip tip. I personally find it looks a little strange on the dripper plus I have a black flavor cap But I did mount it on another device I own and the difference it made from the original tip was night and day.

Also don't be off put by the specs if the short if you're a mtl vaper. Functionally the bore works well. Much better than you'd expect based on the 11mm spec.

Anyway next time you order something from GP I definitely would add one or the other of the drip tip in there because they're both fantastic in different ways and definitely worth the purchase at the price. Ir like to see gp round this oit with a medium length. I find 18mm to be 2 -4mm or so too to tall for Me. Id love to see 14-15'mm option.

5d9ec5656788591f7712dd10f5c7bd29.jpg

Ive vaped a while now and I've tried a lot of products. The dripper cements that anyone wanting my business who isn't GP needs to do better. Every time I receive a gp product the quality is top notch the price is good for the quality of the product you receive, and the company support is amazing. I vaped enough and bought enough products now that I don't really need to experiment anymore when I found a company that consistently wows me and provide such excellent support. Setting the bar over and over and over.

I'm sure at some point I'll see something that catches my eye but they're going to have to do a very good job to make me even consider purchasing and not just saving for more GP products

Great job @Perseus and crew. Another amazing product.

Oh one other thing, as I mentioned before I've been doing reducers for a long time making them out of PTFE or metal tubing or whatever. The airflow reducer that come with the dripper are the nicest I've ever seen without doubt. I really really really want GP to release a reducer that goes from 3 mm to 2 mm for the heron V2. It would be amazing. Please!!!!

I also suggested a drip tip insert for the default cap so the aesthetics remain the same. Anyone else like that or am i alone? Black or amber drip tip reducer ? It could he stainless too. Think of a mushroom with almost no cap

Here is the bigger storm trooper brother. Mounted on the equally inexpensive wraith bottom feed tc mod (not w very good mod for tc so far but regulated power is acceptable and available as low as $35 so its a fill in stop gap while the market struggles to get anything decent out at a fair price m )

I just sit and hope for gp bf mod

In the mean time if you like the storm trooper look there are two options in big and small. Same battery size amazingly. Size difference.

f6a2bd4e2c51339a0a1b601cd00bff82.jpg

Thanks gp for another amazing piece if gear with style. Amazing quality. Good price. Top notch flavor and density. Just another wonderful piece.

You earned a spot
On the golf window for your sticker. :)

Last edited:

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Slight amendment the standard With the long trip tip creates a very very experience to the flavor With no drip tip or a very short one so I'm not sure about the aesthetics of the long trip tip with the standard dripper it's interesting I don't know if I like it or not have to decide but in function it works amazingly

Example of a drip tip id like to see GP make. This doesn't fit properly as its from another product and manufacturer but their take on this. With their standard research to find the right internal dimaeter i think would be fantastic. And look great for those who want restricted lung or mtl

3b51fd165e79b7805b8a4f2182fceddb.jpg

Last edited:

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK

I have done all of these things with no apparent effect. #4 brings up another minor annoyance: I've used both juice or lip balm on the small o-ring at the top of the chamber cap, yet it still always comes off with the tank when I want to refill. That cap is by far the most frustrating part of the rta since it never ever wants to go on straight, but wants to slant to either side despite my best efforts to keep it level. It's not unusual for me to fit it four or five times before I can hear/feel the "snap". By then there's probably a good chance that I've damaged the cotton arrangement.

I have never gotten more than one tank from a build; even if it's right the first tank, removing the tank to refill always makes the tank leak again.

edit: it turns out that the language filter won't let me describe the non-level status of the chamber cap as (Male chicken)ed.

When you wick have you tried keeping it inside the holes in a U shape ? I had a lot kf the same issues but wicking internally works great. For ke its a symptom of thick liquid. I vape 80/90% vg regularly.

If you need pics i can re wick and take photos. I also find a 2mm coil works better than 2.5 mm fkr me and certainly you can shift the cap but you'll get in the habit if twisting one way to dismount. Also the ultem tank solves the tightness issue too if you don't want to wait for it to relax w bit with use.

If you want to wick out the holes wick thick. Then split the wick into 2/3 top 1/3 bottom. Cut the bottom level with the outside if the deck internal and leave it there. Some excess juice enters it hits that third of the wick. Sounds complicated but it isn't and the payoff is worth it

Ket me know id you want pics or a video. The internal u wick is what i use ok heron v2 and spheroid v 4. If you ever wicked a hurricane it's like that upside down

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com

Hello buddy :)

Please try Qorax and h00ligan's suggestions, they are very experienced with the GP Heron v2 and I'd like to mention a few helpful points too.

• If the topper (chamber lid) comes off easily, you can cure it by doing the following: put the topper on its side on a flat surface, having the slots facing left and right (not facing down or upwards). Take a rubber mallet or something with non destructive surface and knock it 2-3 times very lightly. It's done, the topper will have a snug fit from now on. You should hear a characteristic click sound, otherwise the topper doesn't work properly. It must fit with a clear locking sound and it should never come off during refilling.
  • The GP Heron v2 is a very versatile atomizer and it can be used with filler material (fluff builds) without any leaking issue as well. For builds with fluff no topper is needed.
  • The vertical build by Qorax is one I prefer, when I use it as a tank system and it has no leakage issues. We have also provided 2 different toppers for use, I recommend to use the one with side slots for the vertical build. Follow the video instructions to make the coil, and when it is time to put the cotton, just place it behind the vertical coil and then wrap it by crossing its two ends in front of the coil and it's ready.

• We have provided a second topper with one top slot instead of two side slots, try a few horizontal builds with this topper as well.
  • Additionally, we shall make AFR inserts for the GP Heron v2 during November, which will have 2 functions: to satisfy the MTL vapers and ensure the deck cannot be flooded easily due to inadequate setup.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK

• Additionally, we shall make AFR inserts for the GP Heron v2 during November, which will have 2 functions: to satisfy the MTL vapers and ensure the deck cannot be flooded easily due to inadequate setup.

First i hadn't seen that video. Ill have to try it. Typically i prefer horizontal but q has good builds in there so i will definitely give it's shot.

Anyone who hasn't watched @qorax videos and is new to GP definitely should. Even if it's listed as a review or a sneak peek you should give it a watch as he does multiple build typed in those videos as well. If you can't get a device working properly his videos usually provide an answer.

@qorax covers the way i wick in his spheroid video. The review of the v4 iirc. You adjust it slightly for the heron as it has a different cap type but the idea is portrayed properly and should be simple for you to use that as a guide.

@perseus - commitment to insert for the heron v2!!! Wow!!! The inner diameter of the dripper ones is perfect.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
The work GP is doing with Ultem is way better than most other work wth that material i have seen.

I think part of it has to do with the logo stamping which just kind of makes it look more elegant but also the color is slightly deeper and it seems like maybe GP has sourced higher quality material than many others.

of course we expect the best from GP still it is a surprise to see one company surpass so many others with a material in common use these days.

I am surprised at how good everything looks with the Amber tank. I would like to see the drip tips done in black like the black dripper cap or a return of the other stainless steel drip tips as I didn't have an opportunity to get one and I really want the drip tip on the right in the picture of the stainless steel I don't know the name.

Clearly I need to order the spheroid Ultem tank next as it looks amazing and i have a 4nine begging for use that would pair great

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
I like the idea of a solid AFR insert for the GP Dripper so I can completely block off one of the air channels for a single coil build.

I think a plain toothpick is exactly 2 mm thick, insert a small part inside the AFR's hole and it's blocked!

Reactions: Firestorm

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
Hello buddy :)

Please try Qorax and h00ligan's suggestions, they are very experienced with the GP Heron v2 and I'd like to mention a few helpful points too.

Thanks for your response. Your great customer service makes me want to buy more of your products.

I took your advice on the chamber cap and it worked exactly as you described. It now fits perfectly and stays in place when I remove the tank.

An unfortunate effect in troubleshooting is that you often create new problems in trying to solve the one you have. I tried the vertical build (used Kanthal since I don't have any nichrome) and things were going well. But somehow in the wicking process, my resistance went from 1.0 to .2 ohms. I now find that ANY build shows barely measurable resistance. Obviously I have a problem elsewhere and once again have completely dissembled the tank to find it.

A schematic of the parts and their assembly would help a lot, but I have not been able to find one. I'm using brief glimpses from Qorax's videos to make sure I don't have something assembled incorrectly.

So, for the time being, I will be working on that resistance problem. Thanks to everyone who offered help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread