i messed up my nicotine, now my juice got brutal throat hit

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys,

so ive been always here to look for my inquiry. most of it is solved by opened thread. but somehow, this time i signed up to open this post since im kinda stuck somewhere.

so last week i bought 30ml of 100mg nicotine. many told me to dilute it (honestly i dont know why must dilute it) so i mixed the PG based nicotine with PG.
10ml(100mgnico) + 20ml(PG) = 30ml

1st of all, dont ask me why about the combination, i really dont know why i add that such amount. can anyone please explain to me what i just did? can i still use the diluted nicotine? honestly im really upset with myself for being an ignorant.

Hi and welcome,
For your edification:
You made 33.3mg/ml liquid. (Very strong; esp at 100%PG)
Most retail liquid is 18mg/ml and lower.
Please use a mixing calculator...PLEASE!
DIY E-liquid
P.S.
Yes, you can still use the diluted nicotine.

Cheers
I
hey izan, thanks for the help. so basically can i re-dilute it? the 33.3mg/ml to 18mg/ml or lower? i still have 20ml of 100mg/ml if that 1 is screwed.

and btw, the mixing calculator, im not very math person, honestly i dont understand the calculator. this is my 1st time getting my hands on nicotine. i hope u bear with me :(

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
hey izan, thanks for the help. so basically can i re-dilute it? the 33.3mg/ml to 18mg/ml or lower? i still have 20ml of 100mg/ml if that 1 is screwed.

and btw, the mixing calculator, im not very math person, honestly i dont understand the calculator. this is my 1st time getting my hands on nicotine. i hope u bear with me :(
results for 30ml batch @18, 12, 6 in 100% PG. starting with your 100mg/ml base (10%)
18.JPG
12.JPG
6.JPG

HTH
I

Reactions: r77r7r

tckenno

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2015
N. Michigan
so last week i bought 30ml of 100mg nicotine. many told me to dilute it (honestly i dont know why must dilute it) so i mixed the PG based nicotine with PG.
10ml(100mgnico) + 20ml(PG) = 30ml.

Nicotine at high concentrations is a poison sirchong. It is absorbed by the skin and into your blood just by careless handling. Diluting it to a lower concentration is a good idea for safety reasons. The 1 part nicotine to 2 parts PG ratio you made is too high to vape without more dilution, but it makes working with the nicotine much safer.

Reactions: sirchong

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
A simple calculation I use to cut my nic down....

If I have an amount of nic base to cut down, lets say for example 10ml. adding another 10ml. plain to it cuts the nic in half.
Now I have 20ml. of half the original nic diluted.

If it's still too strong and I want to dilute it further I'll add another 20ml. plain to the mixture to cut the nic level in half again.

So if I started this example with 10ml. of 100 mg nic the first cut drops the level of nic to 50mg/ml. (20ml. total now)
And the second cut adding an additional 20ml. plain(no nic juice) brings the level to 25mg/ml.

As to your question...you will need to add another 30ml. of PLAIN (no nic) liquid to the mix you already have
(30 ml. of 33mg strength) to bring the nicotine down to around 16mg/ml.
You will end up with 60ml of liquid.
You may need to buy another bottle of 0nic juice in the flavour you want to do this.
(or just use plain unflavoured PG USP)

As you can see, adding too much nic to a mix can lead to trouble on many levels. Cheers.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
You did not make any drastic mistakes yet. At this point you have 33.3mg nicotine so stop what your doing and answer a few simple questions.

What is the strength that you want to vape?
The safe range of strength is 3mg to 24mg.
If your trying to quit tobacco you may need to be on the higher mg range to help reduce cravings (the main reason most of us start vaping in the first place).
If your not a smoker then the lower the nicotine the better. Nicotine is what is giving your vape harshness.

What percentage of PG to VG do you want to vap?
The common percentages are:
25PG/75VG
50PG/50VG
75VG/25PG
The percentage determines the smoothness of the vape.
More PG will produce a harsher vape but will have more initial flavor with less clouds.
More VG will produce less harshness, less initial flavor (takes longer to develope full flavor) but produces more clouds.

If you answer these 2 simple questions we can help you decide what to do next.

Read my blogs they will give you more insight into DIY and help you answer these 2 simple questions.
dannyv45's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
hey guys,

so ive been always here to look for my inquiry. most of it is solved by opened thread. but somehow, this time i signed up to open this post since im kinda stuck somewhere.

10ml(100mgnico) + 20ml(PG) = 30ml

1st of all, dont ask me why about the combination, i really dont know why i add that such amount. can anyone please explain to me what i just did? can i still use the diluted nicotine? honestly im really upset with myself for being an ignorant.
No need to beat yourself up. We all had to learn how to do this.

If you look at the post where Izan listed the calculator screen shot, notice the first line from left to right all across the page.
The first thing its asking you is for the amount of ejuice you want to make. If its in a 30ml bottle then that is what you put in. Then moving to next column is the base strength of the nic you bought. You already have that info,100mg so that is what is needed to be in that space that is provided. Then look to the right side of the screen where it says 'target strength'. If you want to end up with an 18mg for your final product then that is where you put in the mg. In this case lets use 18mg.
Then look at what the calculator is telling you. In the 'mixing square' to the immediate left of target, it tells you exactly what you need to add to the base to achieve the target.
Then if you want to add flavoring it will allow you to put also in the appropriate boxes. It will then display everything you need to know in ml or grams.

Hope this helps.
:)

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Then moving to next column is the base strength of the nic you bought. You already have that info,100mg so that is what is needed to be in that space that is provided.
:)

The issue as it stands now is the OP already diluted the 100mg base NIC to 33.3 mg so the strength they need to input now is 33.3 and not 100mg.

Note his 2nd paragraph

"so last week i bought 30ml of 100mg nicotine. many told me to dilute it (honestly i dont know why must dilute it) so i mixed the PG based nicotine with PG.
10ml(100mgnico) + 20ml(PG) = 30ml"

Last edited:
Reactions: IDJoel

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
The issue as it stands now is the OP already diluted the 100mg base NIC to 33.3 mg so the strength they need to input now is 33.3 and not 100mg.

Note his 2nd paragraph

"so last week i bought 30ml of 100mg nicotine. many told me to dilute it (honestly i dont know why must dilute it) so i mixed the PG based nicotine with PG.
10m

Note his 2nd paragraph

Technically, he only diluted 10 ml of the 30 ml he posted, but no need to get nick picky.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Technically, he only diluted 10 ml of the 30 ml he posted, but no need to get nick picky.

Not trying to be picky just want to make sure the OP understands which batches these comments refer to thus far (100 or 33.3mg)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Not trying to be picky just want to make sure the OP understands which batches these comments refer to thus far (100 or 33.3mg)
Since the 33.3mg had already been addressed by a few of the other posters, I was only trying to help him read and understand how the calculators work, since he expressed he did not understand them.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Since the 33.3mg had already been addressed by a few of the other posters, I was only trying to help him read and understand how the calculators work, since he expressed he did not understand them.

You are absolutely correct we are just approching this from different view points.

Your point is starting from scratch with 100mg nicotine and aimed at understanding the calculator.

My point is starting from where he left off after diluting the NIC.

Lets just agree to make sure the OP understands this. I just don't want the OP to apply a scenario I propose to 100mg NIC. Nore do I want the OP to apply your scenario to 33.3mg NIC.

We are both correct I'm just clarifying our points of view.

Last edited:

Aditya_PRTM

Oct 12, 2016

Note his 2nd paragraph

May I asking something here? [emoji16]
I smoke analog cigarettes 1 box (16 bars) per 24 hours nic 1.0mg
Also I can vape 55ML(s) per weeks with no nicotine.
My question is, how much nic level in my ejuice to get "same" effect with analog cigarettes, at least i've been trying 6mg in my ejuice, but it cant make me stop smoking.
I know this is about "INTENTION" but, yeaaah, forget it (OOT)

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
May I asking something here? [emoji16]
I smoke analog cigarettes 1 box (16 bars) per 24 hours nic 1.0mg
Also I can vape 55ML(s) per weeks with no nicotine.
My question is, how much nic level in my ejuice to get "same" effect with analog cigarettes, at least i've been trying 6mg in my ejuice, but it cant make me stop smoking.
I know this is about "INTENTION" but, yeaaah, forget it (OOT)

The idea here is not so much matching what you get from analog cigarettes. It's more about helping you reduce the cravings from nicotine withdrawal while you stop smoking analogs. You want to find the lowest effective nicotine strength from vaping to calm the cravings. Then gradually reduce your nicotine intake to a level that will still keep you off of analog cigarettes. But you need to want to quit. Nothing will make you stop if you don't want to.

Depending on your craving for nicotine you might need to go as high as 24mg's. But my advice is to start low. Now you say 6mg is not doing it for you so try 12mg and see if this calms the cravings. If not increase to 18mg etc.....

Every person and situation is different so you just need to find the strength that works for you then reduce the strength as you progress.

I started at 24mg over 3 years ago and now I'm down to 6mg and have not had an analog in over 3 years. I do enjoy vaping and knowing it's far healthier for me then smoking I have no desire to stop vaping, but that is my personal decision.

If your goal is to stop analogs and continue to vape or stop vaping completely after successfully quitting analogs is your personal choice. If you continue to vape no one here will ever criticize you.

You still made the better choice.

Last edited:

Aditya_PRTM

Oct 12, 2016
Ejuice with high nic level (>6mg) it must be from US, no one brewer in my country make ejuice with high nic level, the only one way is DIY, but why ejuice with high nic level always have strong Throat Hit, its good but too strong for me

interesting with everything at small scale

follow my IG: @adhitya_prtm
WA: 0812 2074 2284

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread