GrowthCurve

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2016
Rust Belt
IMG_4490.JPG
IMG_4486.JPG
IMG_4475.JPG
IMG_4492.JPG
I have experience with old genisis atomisers. The DiDs, Temons, and the Line LE. I have always wanted to try out an authentic Siam mods Cobra.
After searching online, i wound up purchasing two Cobras from LeGadgets. They are based in Malaysia. $160 and three days later, DHL delivered those two Cobras to my address in Ohio.

All of the holes (5) on the deck are threaded, with grub screws. Center post is a long threaded flathead screw. Two jam nuts for the pos lead.
To coil--i held the bottom jam nut with pliers, while turning the screw at the 510 connection--to secure the center post and keep it from spinning.

In sciencing out a build for this Snake--i quickly realised that even though a 2.5 mm jig (same one i use for the aga T2) fits perfectly in the Cobra--the wick winds up being too fat, choking off wicking. I believe that the threading on the holes, coupled with the thickness of the deck necessitates a wick and coil with a smaller inner diameter.

So here is the build that i have come up with so far--that wicks effectively without overwicking or dry-hitting:

5 wraps of 32g kanthal
Wrapped around a 3/32 screwdriver that is 2.4mm wide.
2.0Ω
400 mesh 43mm wide by 40mm long--solid
I use a tube mech mod to pulse it out and adjust the coil. Switch the atty to the Tesla Sub Box--unregulated with more power to finish adjusting the coil.
3.9v to start with on the Provari. Yeah, it's a good widdle tootie Snake.

Tried 300 mesh. Overwicking big time
Dropping a wrap on the coil to 4--dry hits if you take too long a drag

Jam nuts--finger tight. The Cobra likes to bite off those leads.

Famous for tight draw. But i love it. I will never take a drill to any part of this genny!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Taff Evans

Taff Evans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2016
Wow GC, that is a beautiful Genesis atty.. and a great looking build in it as well..and excellent pictures! Good job...I always seem to end up with one of my fat fingers in the image somewhere!
Doesn't look too hard to build again now you have the details for it off pat ...and it looks like it will take a twin coil as well.
Whats the flavour like with it? Will take a little time to settle down with the mesh but i am willing to bet its a great flavour atty.

Nice to see some different Gennys on here.. thank you for showing them to us.

Cheers!

Reactions: GrowthCurve

GrowthCurve

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2016
Rust Belt
Thank You, Mr. Taff! I feel very lucky to have the Cobras!!

This atty is very versatile. Great candidate for a U wick setup, and for dual-coils. Probably what i may try in the future is a U wick, with a lower Ω coil--as the U wick should be able to effectively feed a lower resistance build.

I believe that in order to use a dual-coil setup--i would have to drill out the airhole, which isn't something that i want to do at this time.

I take long slow draws on this. The draw is tighter, but not like sucking a golf-ball-through-a-garden hose tight. The flavour is very good and 2.0Ω is cool and dry. I am up to 4.0 volts with no problems.

Broke two coils by over-tightening the jam nuts. This atty is very well-machined!!

If i do a U wick configuration i will post pix!!

How's your new Hellfire dripper, Mr. Taff??

GrowthCurve

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2016
Rust Belt
IMG_4500.JPG
1.6Ω 4 wrap 32g kanthal on 3/32 screwdriver jig
60mm 400 mesh 40mm tall
Rolled till my left thumb bled

Responds faster 3.7v Provari

A trick that i found with the Cobra:
Unlike Agas or Rssts or even DiDs--there is no 'give' when you lock down the leads. So when i wrap a coil on the jig, the coil gets 'locked' onto the bit.

So i tighten everything down. Then rotate the two jam nuts together--ever-so-slightly to the left, to unlock that coil from the jig.

Solid wick takes longer to break in nice, and not taste like a wet dog smells. But once it breaks in, i can taste every note in the tobacco blend juice. Really nice vape.

GrowthCurve

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2016
Rust Belt
I purchased a few Provari mods before i bought the Cobras--as they are not as expensive as they once were. Most of my experience with gennys has been unregulated on tube and mechanical box mods.

And i realised that with the first few drags on the mechanicals--that i took really small puffs. And waited for the battery to gradually drop in voltage--along with the voltage drop that you get with any mech mod. Time elapses--then you can take longer drags.

With the Provari mod--i have been playing with the voltage setting.

So i rewrapped the Cobras late last night. Same wick as above, and 4 wraps of 32g kan instead of 34g--on a 5/64 jig (~2.0mm). On the Aga titaniums, the 34g is absolutely brilliant. But this build falls flat on the Cobra. I am guessing that is because of the size of the top cap. I set up the Cobra (all of the gennys) on mech mods. Pulse them out. Switch to the Provari. Finish tweaking the coil.

And i found that dropping the volts to 3.4v, along with dropping the resistance of the Cobra to 1.4-1.5Ω really seems to make this atty shine. The nice Sat22 clone that i have--4 winds of 30g on a 2.5mm jig 1.1Ω i am using at 3.6v. My carry-out Aga T2s--2.0Ω wrapped in 32g kan on a 2.5mm jig i use at 4.1v.

It is really nice to be able to tweak a genny setup with a vv/vw mod. And there are so many mods out there that you can use. I'm not even going to go near temp control--as my brain cannot handle any more info. But so many possibilities

Taff Evans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2016
Hi folks,
Been missing for a week or so, sorry about that!!
Good to see GC posting images and write ups on here gennies, always like to see those, great images also..

I have been using my Nextasis now for a few weeks, and i have to say that the hype about it is absolutely spot on. This is a great Genisis atty, not one single problem with it, no dry hits, it just works. Simple to wick and coil also with that center post to hold the mesh wick and its just so easy to use. Excellent atty and superb flavor from it.

Also I have just purchased a BilletBox Obtained an In'Ax Carto for it as well, so will be using that in it mostly, but I also have other cartos for it, including one that uses Aspire BVC coils, which is fitted in there at the moment, and this things just works..Its tiny, about the same size as a pack of cards, so very hand and pocket friendly. I have wicked and coiled the In'Ax carto and will pop an image below here. Very small to work on, but its wicked and coiled exactly the same way the other In'Ax attys are, so easy to do. I am really enjoying using this, everything except the drip tip is inside it, and i think it looks and works great.

Here are a couple of images about it, and the carto. Its a second hand BilletBox and also a Rev 3A so not the latest model, which has a DNA 40 board in it. This one just has a voltage selector which actually suits me better. It has some usage marks on it, but I don't mind that at all...it will get a lot more from me!

Here it is with the DID next to it so you can get some idea of just how small this is.

nEJkFeD.jpg

cAabYhZ.jpg

4k8CBgx.jpg

the carto is like a tiny work of art. :wub: fairly decent juice holes in it so hopefully it will wick well. I will let you know.

GrowthCurve

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2016
Rust Belt
Wow @Taff Evans that is a priceless acquisition!!!!
Great build on that In'ax carto!!

Juice holes look pretty big. How are the juice inlets on the Nextasis? I was looking at the pix of the clone--couldn't really tell.

Look at ya--Hellfire attys, Rocket gennys, BilletBox!! Yer gonna have to hire Pinkerton guards to protect your stash!!

Taff Evans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2016
Thanks GC...I love this thing!! There is just something about it. To be honest since i got it, which was only yesterday, I haven't actually used anything else..its not that its got better taste or vapor production, than the nextasis etc...but the form factor is spot on for me, although it is certainly equally good as any atty i have used before. As you know I love my gennies, but this is certainly making me re-think my set-ups.

The nextasis i have set up on the open deck, which has a wide open set of juice holes. Will try and get a picture so you can see them..Its basically just 3 posts to hold the atty with large caves between them! Not a problem at all with the wicking on this wit a 200SF mesh wick in it.
ZZ03Cvh.jpg

Think you can see then ok in that one, never see any atty with juice holes that large. but it just works. Like i said earlier, not a single dry hit, no overwicking, no gurgling nothing at all. Its an excellent genny.

Hope that helps Gc.. Cheers..

Last edited:

Taff Evans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2016
The in'ax carto fits inside the billetbox tank. They have a removable tank that has a hole top and bottom just like a carto tank does, fitted with o'rings. You just slide the in'ax carto inside the tank and its just long enough to have 1mm sticking through the o'rings top and bottom and form a seal. Like this.
j6s4ecy.jpg

The Carto makes a positive connection at the bottom and a negative connection through the tank holder at the top. (That glass is not cracked its just the juice when i moved the tank to try and get it clearer.) You can see the gap at the top and bottom of the tank, so its removable, and the glass slides down and opens to refill it. very clever design.

This image shows the brass threaded screw which holds the top of the tank in place and acts as the negative connection and you can just about see the carto sticking out of the tank at the top and bottom, and the hole in the casing where that large threaded brass thing fits to hold the tank in place and also acts as a drip tip holder.
O3X4rFc.jpg

I removed the tank to make it a bit clearer how it works. Thats not the In'Ax carto inside the tank, but and aftermarket part that's called a Billet Bridge that acts as a carto, and that lets you screw in an aspire bvc coil, that you can see inside the tank there, and use those if you want to. I got a box of them with this, so i am using them at the moment, and they are excellent. This is about as clear as mud probably, but that's how it works. Hope you got that!! sorry if i didn't explain it very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread