FDA Refuse To Accept Procedures for Premarket Tobacco Product Submissions; Withdrawal

Status
Not open for further replies.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Ok. Looks like they are only withdrawing this part. Darn it!

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is issuing a proposed rule describing when FDA would refuse to accept a tobacco product submission (or application) because the application has not met a minimum threshold for acceptability for FDA review. Under the proposed rule, FDA would refuse to accept a tobacco product submission, for example, that is not in English, does not pertain to a tobacco product, or does not identify the Start Printed Page 52372type of submission. By refusing to accept submissions that have the deficiencies identified in the proposed rule, FDA would be able to focus our review resources on submissions that meet a threshold of acceptability and encourage quality submissions. If we receive any significant adverse comments that warrant terminating the direct final rule, we will consider such comments on the proposed rule in developing the final rule.

I was excited for a minute!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yes, I, among them!

What do you suppose this means:
"If we receive any significant adverse comments that warrant terminating the direct final rule, we will consider such comments on the proposed rule in developing the final rule."

Many things that the FDA wants to do have a Statutory Comment Requirement. These comments usually come from Stakeholders or from Health Organizations. But the General Public can also many time submit comments also.

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
Many things that the FDA wants to do have a Statutory Comment Requirement. These comments usually come from Stakeholders or from Health Organizations. But the General Public can also many time submit comments also.
Yes, I'm familiar with the comment period and process. I'm more interested in whether they are suggesting that comments might result in changes to (or replacement of) the full deeming regs ("the final rule"). Or, is the final rule to which that statement refers only whatever they come up with for PMTAs?

ETA: Never mind. Sadly, I missed a sentence.

Reactions: salemgold
Ok. Looks like they are only withdrawing this part. Darn it!

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is issuing a proposed rule describing when FDA would refuse to accept a tobacco product submission (or application) because the application has not met a minimum threshold for acceptability for FDA review. Under the proposed rule, FDA would refuse to accept a tobacco product submission, for example, that is not in English, does not pertain to a tobacco product, or does not identify the Start Printed Page 52372type of submission. By refusing to accept submissions that have the deficiencies identified in the proposed rule, FDA would be able to focus our review resources on submissions that meet a threshold of acceptability and encourage quality submissions. If we receive any significant adverse comments that warrant terminating the direct final rule, we will consider such comments on the proposed rule in developing the final rule.

I was excited for a minute!
Hello, I have a question. Our company has over 300 SKU's and we need help filing . Is there a firm or company that will assist with the submissions? Respectfully: Dray

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I just watched part of a recent pbusardo youtube review video. He is sent a lot of new products, may be most of the new mass market stuff. He indicates he is still receiving new stuff without regard to 8-8. My vape stuff is landing on my front porch without issue though I haven't tried to buy anything that might have been introduced post 8-8. When I look at mods on FT I have no idea when most of them were introduced. Obama better hurry up and pardon all the dope smokers so there's room in his jails for the vape criminals.

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
This rule was reissued this week. I'm not sure of any changes. I gave it a quick read over. They state they will inform the applicant if their application is accepted or refused. I could not find if they would indicate why it was rejected. They may reject all applications that are for nicotine free liquids and devices, but not state the reason. If they are not currently going to consider zero nicotine products and devices rejecting the application without stating a reason does not prevent them from including those liquids and devices in the future.

FDA issues further guides

Federal Register :: Refuse To Accept Procedures for Premarket Tobacco Product Submissions

If as the FDA stated in the nicopure case, nicotine free products will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. How will they complete the review if they reject the application?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread