This poll is for former smokers who quit with the help of e-cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimZet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2015
Yes <3 vaping!

Been smoking for 13 years, attempts to quit smoking always been ending up with a failure.
Nicotine patches and gums never helped - total junk.
I used to smoke from 1 to 2 packs a day, cuffing at mornings, pain trying to take a deep breath at morning etc etc. I had all of that. But that never helped me getting power of will to quit smoking.
Last 2-3 years i've been smoking tobacco since the cigarette prices went so high i would spend around 700$ a month instead of 400$, Where i live we only get around 1200-1300$ a month salary. Imagen yourself how expensive it became.
With tobacco like Bali Shag and others spendings became unnoticeable, really i was spending only 70$ a month for it. Its really nothing.
After 2-3 years of smoking tobacco even though i was using filters and everything i noticed that my teeth became way worse than when i smoked cigarettes. But i still was kinda "oh well, whatever".

Than someday i have no idea why or how, but when i came back home from work, i've noticed that the horrible ashtray smell in my apartment, I started to think, do i stink like this ? All my clothings stink?

Right after that i started to check out what people write about vaping, that didn't give me enough information but i still decided to buy some cheap e-cig just to try how it feels.

I've ordered some ego for like 18$ from ebay, and found a store for e-liquids in my country, ordered from them 18mg nicotine juice with fruity taste.

When everything arrived i smoked only when the ego was charging, after a week or two i decided to buy serious vaping toys and completely quit smoking since the e-cig was replacing the cigarette easily, It does feel you up, your hunger for nicotine that you feel in your chest!

Since i got my serious toys i completely stopped smoking, now i vape and enjoy it, i have better sense of smell, taste, better breathing, no pain, nothing!

But as a tobacco smoker in past, i do waste way more money for vaping than during the tobacco smoking, but its not about the money, its all about the health !

mod monster

May 1, 2016
For vapers who’ve quit smoking: Was your attempt using e-cigarette products effective for smoking cessation?
was a smoker for roughly 22 year been on a 16 day quit streak and not feeling tempted to return to cigarettes at all and definitely inspired to stay that way after seeing all these post

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2016
North Carolina
I am a former 45 yr. PAD+ smoker. I received a Halo G6 & some 18mg Tribeca eliquid for my 62nd birthday. I immediately cut my traditional cigarette usage in half. After about a month, I was down to 4 or 5 a day. A month later, I picked up a Kanger eVOD kit & shortly thereafter quit the stinkies for good. A couple of months later, I picked up an eLeaf iStick 30w & a couple of GS Air tanks, reduced my nic to 12mg, while vaping at 15w. I also found out that I liked unflavored in addition to the Tribeca. I am now vaping a eVIC VTC Mini, topped with single coil RTA/RDA's at 25 - 30w, building my own coils & DIYing my own 6mg ejuice. Very happy camper & will never ever smoke again... :D

Immortel

May 2, 2016
I was smoking about 15 years. Was always "weekly" smoker (pack for two or more days). Never heavy smoker but I couldn't stop (and I didn't want).
Last year, 10.9. 2015 I've smoked last cigarette and 10.10. 2015 bought subox mini and since then, not even one cig.
Since then I had few moments, when I wanted cig (mostly this year) but still holding up.
Started on MtL and now I'm cch user. Or at least I'm trying to be.
Last few weeks I have problems that nothing (vape) tastes good and thinking about quiting but I don't want. I hope it will get better.

Reactions: jjatl

akchena

Unregistered Supplier
Aug 26, 2016
Russia, Samara
When I started vaping, I gave up smoking almost immediately. But the first devices I bought were not very good, they were constantly breaking down. While I was searching for the right device and liquids, I was periodically returning to cigarettes. But one day I told myself that it's time to stop doing this if I want to get rid of the permanent cough, headache and unpleasant smell. And of course e-cigarettes taste much better! :)

Reactions: Richard-D
Yes! Vaping saved my life! I have been a smoker for over 20+ years. At least a pack a day. It took a little work to switch completely over, but it worked! I can breathe, smell and taste again. My coughing fits have gone away and I can play with my children again. I REFUSE to go back to smoking! (I may have a hoarding issue)

• Winner

codger59

Nov 21, 2014
NC USA
In the beginning, yes, as I started with the cig-alikes so it was a physical and psychological replacement. But as I "evolved" with the vaping, it became less convenient (especially when I need both hands!), higher in maintenance/costs just to get a decent or more reliable vape - which is still true now.
Thus, I've now "devolved" to a dual-inhalant. At home, inside, I vape. Outside - especially working in yard or on vehicle, I tend to smoke as being one-handed is usually proves less efficient. At work I vape 95% of the time, but outside only.
I've re-simplified my hardware as I don't need all the bells-and-whistles, not a cloud-chaser. But even so, convenience is sorely lacking.
And now with the Almighty Guvmint exceeding their authority yet again - it's getting to be "what's the freaking point?!?" :-x

Hello :)
I was smoking cigarettes for 8 years,box of Camel blue every day and 3 months back i was convinced by my friend to switch to vaping. Got advice from him to get VTwo mini, Lyche Eleaf att and ... that was it. First few days i was getting used to it, smoked still like 50/50, but 6mg liquid was doing quite good job and after 5-7 days i realised i was smoking only 2-5 cigarettes a day, rest of the time vaping.

After 2 months -2 weeks back - i stopped smoking, even weed, which i used to smoke for 11 years, and became vaper loving the flavours,clouds and feeling much healthier ...

So, yes, it definatelly helped and i love it :)

• Winner

dyanaprajna

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2017
Indiana
20 year, pack a day smoker. Started vaping a Blu e-cig 3 weeks ago. A week after, got a Kanger Subvod. Haven't had an analog since. Before, I tried using the gum, patches, and various folk remedies that people would come up with, but none of them helped. E-cigs have not only been the only thing to actually work, it's what is saving my life.

• Winner

Simar Sidhu

Moved On
Jun 1, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
IMG_0612.JPG

AND THEN I BOUGHT MY FIRST VAPE.... Nautilus mini on a Eleaf iStick 20w... end of smoking career.. 2 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread