Ask The Chemist

Status
Not open for further replies.

O.G.

Oct 9, 2016
Canada, ON
Huh, that was interesting, though I’m a bit skittish to provide a critique as I am a chemist and not 100% on the validity of that method.

But I do think there would be a difference between cells mounted on a slide and cells part of a biological system. The bodies responses to particular substances may pose less threat as other body cells can be equipped with mechanisms to deal with them; i.e. enzymes present in your liver for breaking down toxins that wouldn’t be present in let’s say your lungs.

I’m literally trying to find any study published by that dude; if any of you come across anything please send it my way!

Last edited:

The_Vapin_Chemist

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
Thanks for helping out @zoiDman, I do remember watching that when it was posted @salemgold. It was a great watch.

@O.G. The guy in the video is not a scientist, he is a journalist that specializes in the medical side of things. From what I have read about him since that video was released, he is very well known. He is known mostly for a kind of self-experimentation and he wrote a blog about his vaping experience and how NOT addicted to nicotine he was after his trial. That came out before the video did.

Reactions: zoiDman

The_Vapin_Chemist

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
@The_Vapin_Chemist
Hope you are well.
Been seeing some discussions about nicotine salt solutions. What are your thoughts on this versus regular nic solutions.
I'd be doing better if the Panthers hadn't put this knife in my back this season @Hightech Redneck. :cry::-x:cry:

As far as the nicotine salts go, the obvious plus to them is they are absorbed better and faster by the body. However, my concern with them is managing the intake of nicotine even though our bodies self-regulate.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I'm happy to report my experience thus far with Mr. Salt E Mint ejuice in a Myjet pod leaves me quite impressed. I actually had to cut half it with some 24 mg PG regular nic base from Nude Nicotine. Like the Njoy daily menthol (45 mg nic, which I cant confirm but by the instant gratification believe it to be a nic salt juice), three or four puffs and you feel satisfied, much as I did when I smoked. So its obvious to me the blood nicotine uptake must be somewhere close to cigarettes. I alternate with my Triton Tank vaping NET at a 18 and 24 mg nic mix, and with that I have to vape several minutes before feeling satisfied, and never really get an instant gratification. Like the curves show, standard nic base enters the bloodstream far slower than a cigarette, which I believe the nic salts approach. I suspect Vuse has something like nic salts or some way of approaching a cigarette, I've seen their blood nic intake curves.
I have some Nude Nicotine nic salts on order to try out. As far as regulating the intake with these, I personally do it the same as smoking, when I've had enough, I stop. Pretty easy to tell.

Last edited:

The_Vapin_Chemist

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
I'm happy to report my experience thus far with Mr. Salt E Mint ejuice in a Myjet pod leaves me quite impressed. I actually had to cut half it with some 24 mg PG regular nic base from Nude Nicotine. Like the Njoy daily menthol (45 mg nic, which I cant confirm but by the instant gratification believe it to be a nic salt juice), three or four puffs and you feel satisfied, much as I did when I smoked. So its obvious to me the blood nicotine uptake must be somewhere close to cigarettes. I alternate with my Triton Tank vaping NET at a 18 and 34 mg nic mix, and with that I have to vape several minutes before feeling satisfied, and never really get an instant gratification. Like the curves show, standard nic base enters the bloodstream far slower than a cigarette, which I believe the nic salts approach. I suspect Vuse has something like nic salts or some way of approaching a cigarette, I've seen their blood nic intake curves.
I have some Nude Nicotine nic salts on order to try out. As far as regulating the intake with these, I personally do it the same as smoking, when I've had enough, I stop. Pretty easy to tell.
Thanks for your insight, as I have not used any of the nic salt product.

Reactions: David Wolf

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello to all my ECF Vapers out there! If you have questions, this is the place to post them.

My name is Joshua and I am the Chemist on staff at RTS Vapes. I have been working for RTS and vaping for going on 2 years now. I am not and never was a smoker, but I have a real passion for this industry and helping others in their quest for a better vaping experience. So, if you have a question please do not hesitate to ask it on here and I will do my best to get you the correct answer as soon as possible.
PG sensitivity substitute in DIY
I DIY at 30PG/70VG. PG is said to be a better flavor carrier than VG. I vape for flavor primarily and would like to change my mixes to 50/50. At 50/50 my throat becomes irritated and scratchy.
Questions:
1. Is there an acceptable/generally believed non Irritant substitution available for PG, and if so, any recommendations?
2. If an acceptable substitution is available for PG, In your opinion, would the DIY flavor in the mix increase overall/appreciably?
My apologies if these question has been asked before.

re: My Vaping story. Allergic to VG? PG Sentive?Anyone using Nature Silk(PG replacement)? • /r/DIY_eJuice
Liquid Lab’s 1,3-Propanediol
PEG400 (Polyethylene Glycol 400.)

Reactions: Road King

The_Vapin_Chemist

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
PG sensitivity substitute in DIY
I DIY at 30PG/70VG. PG is said to be a better flavor carrier than VG. I vape for flavor primarily and would like to change my mixes to 50/50. At 50/50 my throat becomes irritated and scratchy.
Questions:
1. Is there an acceptable/generally believed non Irritant substitution available for PG, and if so, any recommendations?
2. If an acceptable substitution is available for PG, In your opinion, would the DIY flavor in the mix increase overall/appreciably?
My apologies if these question has been asked before.

re: My Vaping story. Allergic to VG? PG Sentive?Anyone using Nature Silk(PG replacement)? • /r/DIY_eJuice
Liquid Lab’s 1,3-Propanediol
PEG400 (Polyethylene Glycol 400.)
PEG400 is the only real substitute I have heard about. I have not heard that the flavor is increased any more than a normal 50/50 by using that instead of PG.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
PEG400 is the only real substitute I have heard about. I have not heard that the flavor is increased any more than a normal 50/50 by using that instead of PG.
Thanks.
Question:
1. Assuming if one were to use 100% PEG400 in a mix, would that be the maximum flavor mix taste one could obtain?
2. Would PEG400 eliminate all throat irritation/scratchiness for most folks who have that problem with PG now?
If you do not know the answers, no problem.

The_Vapin_Chemist

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
Thanks.
Question:
1. Assuming if one were to use 100% PEG400 in a mix, would that be the maximum flavor mix taste one could obtain?
2. Would PEG400 eliminate all throat irritation/scratchiness for most folks who have that problem with PG now?
If you do not know the answers, no problem.
In all honesty, I can not say. I have never used PEG400 before, and the only PG in my juices these days is what's in the flavors.

Reactions: BrotherBob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread