Not open for further replies.

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
The Prettiest in NeverNear
Good morning! Hutsville is white. And cold. And wet. *shudders*
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Rainy and cloudy here. All the dogs are sleeping.The bird is pitching things out of his cage singing Jingle Bells..All's right with the world.

punkinduster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2010
Horse and Buggy Country, PA
Speaking of coffee:
We go to the Grrrr store once a week whether we like it or not. Yesterday Mrs Punkin saw a whole skid full of k-cups on sale, 50% off, made by Twin Ridge roasters that had a best buy date of November 2018. She complains sometimes that I make our coffee too strong and wanted to try a box of these k-cups. They normally cost $20 for 32 cups ($0.62 ea. too expensive when I can buy Fog Chaser for $0.36 ea. online with free shipping from Amazon if we wanted k-cups.) But at $0.31 ea. it sounded like a good deal, if she likes the way it tastes. Well, she liked the taste. We just came home from the Grrrr store, the 2nd time in two days, with a trunk load of coffee. I did ask Mrs Punkin how many boxes she wanted to purchase and she said, "I guess the whole skid won't fit in the car, will it?" :shock: I did get another chuckle from the cashier when she said, "your total bill is $150 and, oh my gosh, you saved $150 dollars!" Really, that much, isn't that what 50% off means? :facepalm:

punkinduster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2010
:lol: punkin! I don't blame her, and 50% off speaks to me too. Are you taking her back for the rest of them?

I don't think so. We might not survive 3 trips to the Grrr store in one week! But I bet if they still have some next week she will toss a few more in the basket... :)

punkinduster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2010
I told Mr. V about the k-cups and was giggling. Until he reminded me of my toilet paper purchase. :facepalm:

In my defense, I had a coupon. And we'll use it eventually, right? :oops:

Absolutely! It is not like TP will spoil or go to waste. My motto is load up on non perishable stuff when the price is right. My baby sister and her daughter are the experts at coupons. I don't usually have the patience and definitely don't want to be in the checkout line behind either one of them. She has kids and grand kids to feed so they have this entire room down in the basement they call "grandma's store." It has all kinds of stuff in it and if there is one of something there is probably at least 10 more lined up behind it. :facepalm:

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut
I hate shopping with a passion, but I will go for a deal on something like TP. While I'm amazed at people that do the whole couponing thing, I can't do it.

Sonny has us all beat with his super deal on TP. He didn't realize that he was actually buying a whole pallet. He's good for the next hundred years or so. :lol:

Last edited:

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Amazon puked all over my porch today.Lots of Christmas gifts to be wrapped..Mainly Kids toys which is always a challenge.The boxes are never even.
Amazon has been here several times in the past week. I bought an electric pressure cooker today. Actually Granny bought it for me for Christmas. I bought a cookbook to do with it. Can't wait to get it and try it out. Looks like you can make some cool stuff in it.

Sent from my Galaxy S7

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Speaking of coffee:
We go to the Grrrr store once a week whether we like it or not. Yesterday Mrs Punkin saw a whole skid full of k-cups on sale, 50% off, made by Twin Ridge roasters that had a best buy date of November 2018. She complains sometimes that I make our coffee too strong and wanted to try a box of these k-cups. They normally cost $20 for 32 cups ($0.62 ea. too expensive when I can buy Fog Chaser for $0.36 ea. online with free shipping from Amazon if we wanted k-cups.) But at $0.31 ea. it sounded like a good deal, if she likes the way it tastes. Well, she liked the taste. We just came home from the Grrrr store, the 2nd time in two days, with a trunk load of coffee. I did ask Mrs Punkin how many boxes she wanted to purchase and she said, "I guess the whole skid won't fit in the car, will it?" :shock: I did get another chuckle from the cashier when she said, "your total bill is $150 and, oh my gosh, you saved $150 dollars!" Really, that much, isn't that what 50% off means? :facepalm:
I retired my kuerig and now have the Ninja Coffee Bar. I LOVE it! Hubby gave it to me for our anniversary back in June. I have the Ninja blender too so its super easy to make homemade Frappuccinos. I've had to switch to decaff but I still drink lots of coffee. I've gotten pretty used to the switch but I miss my monster javas.

Sent from my Galaxy S7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread