Not open for further replies.

tckenno

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2015
N. Michigan
By the way only 7 left of the V2s
Sigelei Zmax V2 Variable Mod

Happy Thanksgiving!

Ordered two of the Zmax V2s on 23rd (Wed morn and shipped same day), arrived today in Michigan. Primitive display and menu navigation took booklet to figure out but it fires my tanks (kayfun 3.1s) just fine. Will make great beaters at very least. Do electronics last? Have a Sig UFO, also 18650 powered, seems built fairly well for lower price point box mod. For some reason I just like feel of tube mod in hand better than boxy mod. I also use a Seven-22 daily which feels a lot like V2's big sister.

Last edited:

tckenno

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2015
N. Michigan
Vaping to (with) the oldies... $16 between the two in last couple weeks. Looks like could be same brand. Display trim and fire buttons virtually identical. Both have dual Ego/510 threaded tank connections as well (I have four Evod Glass so appreciate). Seven's trim ring nicer, wish V2 had just squared off theirs. Neither built shabby but Seven's electronics no match for Sigelei's.

Noticed yzer was OP on this thread almost 4 years ago. Well done yzer! V2 Seven-22.jpg

tckenno

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2015
N. Michigan
I have a dead Seven too BackDoc but after reading your paperweight post and really looking at similarities between these mods it makes me wonder if guts might be swappable. I have previously disassembled my dead Seven and examined it. Not easiest thing to do but if V2 or newer can be safely opened and compared might make interesting project for hobbyist. The relative position of display and fire button combined with their almost identical parts me think it could be done.

Last edited:

tckenno

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2015
N. Michigan
This is a huge thread and the info on how to disassemble may be in here somewhere. yzer likely knows. He also mentioned on first page the updates V3 electronics had over the V2 like not losing settings when battery removed. If going to do something like this may as well use latest version all else equal.

Reactions: Foggy Road

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
This is a huge thread and the info on how to disassemble may be in here somewhere. yzer likely knows. He also mentioned on first page the updates V3 electronics had over the V2 like not losing settings when battery removed. If going to do something like this may as well use latest version all else equal.
Sigelei updated all electronics and software on the V2 and V3 eventually and made them the same. So if your device was made in the last few years it has the latest. There are a lot of photos and video links about Sigelei V3 and V5 disassembly and repair beginning with the posts on this thread beginning August 24, 2014. It goes on for a few days after this date.

Reactions: tckenno

tckenno

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2015
N. Michigan
That's a pretty amazing testimonial yzer. Been looking into the V5 and $20 is best price I've found on them right now. That seems a pretty good price for a mod with it's longevity. My question for you as a long-time user is about the life of the 18650 battery, am assuming that is what you are using. Not so much in vape time, but the overall life of 18650 or any 18x in recharge cycles before they wear out. You must have worn out a few of them by now and are you partial to a particular brand? Being a low wattage mod it shouldn't need a really high mAh rating. Curious about your thoughts and experience in that regard.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
I'm afraid that I am in the minority when it comes to battery choice for the Sigelei V3 and V5. I use 18500 almost exclusively. 18500 allows me to keep the device in a Levi's pocket comfortably with a lot more capacity available than with 18350. I use 18650 on rare occasions when I don't have any 18500s charged up. 18650s make the V3 and V5 a little to long for pocket carry for me. 2x18350 is far far too long a mod for my purposes. 18350s make for a short V3 or V5 but they only last me 2-3 hours.

I vape IBTanked XL carto tanks at 6.5 watts. That's only 1.8 amps so I don't need a battery capable of particularly high current output. I have used Efest reds since 2013. These are 10 amp batteries. They work perfectly well for me. I have also used MXJO yellows, which are higher-priced than Efest reds and labeled as 15 amp. They are no better performers for me than Efest reds. Last year I bought a dozen Efest purples because they were on a closeout deal for a ridiculously low 99 cents apiece. These are also claimed to be 15 amp batteries.

All in all the Efest reds are fine for the price. The MXJO yellows are overpriced. The Efest purples seem to crank out more puffs per charge than the others. They seem to hold their original charge capacity longer than the others, too. All three of these batteries have essentially the same capacity rating: 1000-1100 mAh.

So far Efest reds are the only IMR batteries I have actually worn out. Back when I kept better track of how many charge cycles I had on my batteries I figured the reds were good for anywhere from 250-350 charge cycles on my Nitecore charger. This figure varies a lot by individual battery. The puff counter on the V5 comes in handy for evaluating battery condition. I get an amazingly consistent value of 230-260 puffs from a charged 18500 in good condition. When that figure falls to 200 or less I toss the battery. I have been vaping with removable cylindrical batteries for five years now and have never had a battery vent.

Last edited:

tckenno

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2015
N. Michigan
Thanks for passing on the info yzer, good stuff to know. Puff counter was a function I pretty much ignored. Not anymore. The 18500 part also caught my eye. I accidentally ordered a couple 26500's last month (Efest reds labeled 3000 mAh) which have been sitting unused. Your remarks got me thinking. Today I pulled the base coil spring from a dead Seven-22. It seated nicely into screw cap on a pico-Mega and tightened up perfectly against the 26500! Been smilin' since. Anyway, appreciate your thoughtful responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread