What's under your lip/in your nose right now? - Part 2

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
The one video I watched showed how the glue strips pulled out, pretty slick. Yeah, that sounded like a pretty good deal for the getting the phone up and running and cool that they had a kit to provide the tools needed.

You're doomed on the TV issue, same as I. The DVR finally isn't an issue here since it was upgraded to 6 at once. Before I was constantly fighting for TV time when you coud only record two shows and still watch tv on the one attached to the dvr.

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Well, winter is really here now. It was 15 when I left the house this morning. We had a tiny bit of snow yesterday but it didn't cause a lot of problems in my area. I saw where a little further south there were some accidents due to icy bridges. There were some people driving really stupid yesterday on the way home. That's ok though. I'll wave at them in the ditch when I drive by.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Things look worse in Michigan land as well as FC country.

They were trying to install my new door all week. Rain stopped it Monday thru Wednesday so it was scheduled for today but workers called in sick so it's been moved to Saturday. Wish it got done before the cold got here. It was in the 40s today but a high of mid 30s by Saturday. Glad I won't be here most of the day due to poker. It'll be cold when I get home I'm sure.

Waho

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 22, 2010
    Michigan
    Yeah, it's looking like we're gonna get it. 27 degrees right now, but 14 wind chill. We've been getting spotty snow, but it hasn't really stuck thus far.

Glad I bought the z71 earlier this year, that's for sure.

The washing machine for my mother in law gets delivered tomorrow. Hopefully the roads stay good through the weekend since I took Fri/Sat off to deliver and install it for her.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Around 4 inches of snow over here so far, another 2 to 4 predicted for tonight. Winter is upon us I fear. Southwest Michigan had some spots that saw over 10 inches and the pileup on I96 certainly showed some people were not ready for winter driving. Get off the phones, let off the gas, and pay attention. Not hard by any means, but impossible for some. Those ones get weeded out and usually involve a nice towing bill along with a hike in insurance. Just remember Waho, four wheel drive is great for moving forward, but don't do squat to help you stop. ;)

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Well two of the three phases on the house are complete. Roof's on and front door is replaced. Next up, the siding should start next week pending the weather. The only problem I have now is come spring and summer. I had one of those cheap $20 screen doors on before and altered it so the dogs could pass through the bottom screen and have access to the front deck. I sure can't but that back up with the gorgeous new door and there's nothing I've found that allows the functionality I need.

Will Army finally break their losing streak. I thought this would be the year. Inside the 10 yard line right now for the lead.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I finally got out and got the snowthrower ready for winter. I knew it would be hard to start since I never used it last year. I've always been able to use stabilizer in my gas and top off my toro mower. It has started first or second pull every year for about twelve years now. The toro snowthrower is not the same. I started it and let it run a little bit last year with non ethanol gas and some sea foam. I had to take the top off, pulled and cleaned the plug, and gave it a shot of starting fluid. It did start and hunted a little bit at first. It smoothed out after a few minutes. Hopefully I'm good to go for winter now. In the spring I'm going to run it dry.

Waho

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 22, 2010
    Michigan
    Slow day around here. It's been snowing for hours and doesn't look like it's going to let up for a while yet. Close to 6 inches right now. I'll wait until tomorrow morning to blow it, hopefully its close to done by then.

Mother in law loves the new washer. The motor on her old one died, so she was washing clothes in the sink and hand wringing them before putting them in the dryer, so they took forever to dry. We got her one like mine with no agitator so its easier to cram big blankets into. I ended up having to reuse the old water lines, the fittings were totally corroded onto the valves. I would have ended up breaking them before getting the lines off.

My fiance convinced me to let her have one of her Christmas gifts early, so she opened up the sprouting kit. Months ago she was talking about growing her own bean sprouts, so I looked it up and its pretty easy. Got her the sprouter and a bunch of assorted seeds to try, along with a pound of the regular mung beans.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    The sprouting kit sounds interesting.

I'm glad you are getting the snow instead of me. I was not prepared until today. I don't mind the snow except for having to drive downtown to work. A lot of people don't know how to drive in it. I grew up in Ohio and we had some pretty bad winters so I learned pretty quick. I had a 77 cutlass supreme with a 350. Front wheel drive was about unheard of back then.

Users who are viewing this thread