Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
15384475_1876596042571217_3932823014562621172_o.jpg

I like your e-liquid Labels. P-Touch Labeler by any chance?

I Especially like your Bana Cream "Pi" on the far right.

Reactions: Mowgli

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
OK, I have a question about the Coppervape rebuild kit. I ordered two of the V2 kits with my last fast tech order and they arrived with the expected compliment of parts: fire button, copper spring, 510 insulator and replacement squonk pin, gold plated positive contact screw, insulating washer...but there is also a very small black o-ring on the gold plated screw (in both kits). When I removed the existing screw from any of my three Coppervape mods - there is no o-ring on the screw. Hmmm...

Any idea what the o-ring is for? I did notice that the o-ring acts to capture the screw on the replacement spring - IOW, the o-ring needs to be removed from the screw in order to remove the screw from the spring. Just curious if anyone knows if there is an actual use for the o-ring.

Also, for anyone that has taken their mod apart: I noticed that the button throw can be shortened by loosening the gold-plated screw holding the button to the spring. Does this need to be completely tightened? I'm thinking it does, or you might not get a good connection between the spring and screw resulting in a voltage drop.

Thoughts?

...and a pic of the o-ring from fast tech:

5904201-2.jpg

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

The Black O-Ring on the Contact Screw is the way my CV's came. I believe it serves a Couple of Purposes.

It Shortens the Throw of the Button.
Keeps the Contact Screw from Self Loosening.
Acts as a Secondary Insulator.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
The Black O-Ring on the Contact Screw is the way my CV's came. I believe it serves a Couple of Purposes.

It Shortens the Throw of the Button.
Keeps the Contact Screw from Self Loosening.
Acts as a Secondary Insulator.

Yep - thanks. :)

I just took another apart and there IS an o-ring, I just never noticed it before. Thanks again for the response.

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yep - thanks. :)

I just took another apart and there IS an o-ring, I just never noticed it before. Thanks again for the response.

Don't feel like you are the Only One to not notice that Tiny Black O-ring.

This is how I found out about it...

It's Funny you Mentioned that Tiny Black O-Ring.

Because the First Time I took the Switch apart and then put it back together, it didn't Work. Something was Seriously Wrong. And I couldn't figure out what was Going On.

I had to get out my 2nd Coppervape and look at the Switch. And that is when I saw that O-Ring.

I had done Everything on my Desk. And the Center Drawer was pulled out about 3/4 of an Inch. And Sitting Half On/Half Off the edge of the center drawer was that Tiny O-Ring.

I Grabbed it Quick. Because I know that if an O-Ring that size interacts to the Earth's Gravitational Field, and plummets to the Floor, they tend to Undergo a Dimensional Change. Never to be seen in this Multi-Verse again.

---

I am a Big Believer in the "Best Way" to do something is the Way that works Best for You. I like My Tech. And it works Best for Me. But if someone Tries another Tech and they like that Better, then that is what they Should use.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I like your e-Liquid Labels. P-Touch Labeler by any chance? I Especially like your Bana Cream "Pi" on the far right.
Correct about Brother P-Touch - Model # PT-2730
The software that came with it is brilliant AFAIC.
I've never used the keyboard on it, I do everything via the computer program.

P-Touch screenshot.jpg

used labels are great for decorating lol

Vape cabinet 12-2016.jpg

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Works great for nic bottles in the freezer too.
I got sick of cleaning old Avery labels & cellophane tape off with Goo-Gone.
The oldest label on my Vape Cab is from 5/2014 but I threw out labels for months before realizing what "great" decorations they'd make ;)
What year is that 1500 from? Google only shows used/refurbished.
The label you posted shows color but it only prints monochrome right?

Vape cabinet close 12-2016.jpg

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Works great for nic bottles in the freezer too.
I got sick of cleaning old Avery labels & cellophane tape off with Goo-Gone.
The oldest label on my Vape Cab is from 5/2014 but I threw out labels for months before realizing what "great" decorations they'd make ;)
What year is that 1500 from? Google only shows used/refurbished.
The label you posted shows color but it only prints monochrome right?

View attachment 619487

I'm not sure what year I got it? I've had it for a Long Time. Got it on e-Bay New for like 15 Bucks.

The Specs are very similar to this one...

Brother PT-P700 PC-Connectable Label Printer for PC and Mac

And you're right, It Can't print Colour. Only what the Tape Colour is.

Reactions: Mowgli

LarryPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2012
San Diego CA

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Just got my delivery's of atty O clone and my Le clone both for single coil Sqounker modes , on my CC BF , along with the deadalus kit
c35a87bacddbfcb2fdffec118539569f.jpg
c82912643c7b99d431698aa98e183c04.jpg
e0318c91ea01ffd1d3a7ad4f4ee21026.jpg
6e0aa1cb95ebda47e9752c127187957f.jpg
4f355eefb807bc2c28ed4f035471d4d3.jpg
5d853268ee6216bbbb616d86c51d34e4.jpg
03eddabaaf8d39c40327ebde6ac30bd7.jpg
5acceca78c9fcc6ab9a076539af52ea6.jpg

Still awaiting my coppervapes clone for singke coil Sqounker RDA , should be another week or so , [emoji106][emoji106][emoji100][emoji100][emoji100]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Dont you love the way they sell the unit for $10 and then $20 for the tape lol ?

Tell me about it.

I would like to buy an Inkjet Printer to replace the Demonically Possessed one that I have.

But then I would have to buy Hacked Cartridges or a CIS system for it. Because there is No Way in Hell I am going to buy Non-Refillable Ink Cartridges when the Printer Decides they are Empty.

I have gotten some Good Deals on the TZ Tape on e-Bay. But if you go down to a Office Store and buy it, it is Pretty Pricey.

Reactions: b.m.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Tell me about it.

I would like to buy an Inkjet Printer to replace the Demonically Possessed one that I have.

But then I would have to buy Hacked Cartridges or a CIS system for it. Because there is No Way in Hell I am going to buy Non-Refillable Ink Cartridges when the Printer Decides they are Empty.
I got hit like that.I bought a nice printer for $39,i thought great,this is a steal.When the included cartridges were empty,i went to buy some new ones and they were $49,i would just keep buying new printers before i would pay more for the ink than the entire printer cost.I ended up finding a place on ebay that was selling refilled cartridges for it for like $18 a set,so that wasn't too bad,but i still hated paying that much,but i never could figure out how to refill the ones for that printer.

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocket City
Dont you love the way they sell the unit for $10 and then $20 for the tape lol ?

The razor blade model. Sell the handle/holder at a loss (even give it away) and make money on the blades (consumables).

I got hit like that.I bought a nice printer for $39,i thought great,this is a steal.When the included cartridges were empty,i went to buy some new ones and they were $49,i would just keep buying new printers before i would pay more for the ink than the entire printer cost.

You could look at it as the printer was free with the purchase of the included ink.
Also, the included cartridges usually don't have as much ink as the replacements.

The printer should have cost a lot more than $40. It was sold at a loss to get you to buy the ink.

Say a vape shop sold you a ego battery and a clearo for $10 and included a bottle of juice.
When the bottle is empty, you learn another bottle costs $10. You could just say you bought the bottle and got the gear for free.

Either way, they lost money on the first sale so you would come back and buy more.

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocket City
They'll sell a pod-mod cheap, with a non-refillable cartridge that keeps the nic revenue flowing even as people stop burning leaves...

Most businesses want a continuing revenue stream. They will try to find a way to get it.

Once you have a mod and atty you like, where the future revenue for the manufacturer? A few minor repair parts?

The mods and atties I have now should all last decades. The only problem would be damage/loss/theft stuff. I doubt any of the manufacturers will get more money from me.

Anything more is just wants, new looks, etc.

The liquids are the long term revenue stream.

Blind Owl

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2014
BC, Canada
Yep - -the consumables model works - and I've always said that's what Big Tobacco wants e-cigarettes to be.
They'll sell a pod-mod cheap, with a non-refillable cartridge that keeps the nic revenue flowing even as people stop burning leaves...

Screamin' obvious (not that it isn't worth pointing out, OK? :cool: ). Just look how many software companies are switching to a 'subscription model', where 'model' means they get to soak you regularly for so-called upgrades and updates you didn't ask for and probably don't even want.

All the more reason to invest now in vaping gear that's likely to last as long as you're likely to need it, which for my money is mechanical squonkers with rebuildable attys. Yeah.

[ edit/afterthought: If I can't run a mod under the tap (or 'faucet') every now and then, I don't want it. ]

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
1d7b75a20f07424aacfa150063348f8f.jpg
c2b99817d736bd6fbc0a3f092195c4bc.jpg

Isnt there a sqounker center post for this on fasttech

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Benley you crack me up LOL, how many of those bottom feed atties do you have right now ?

I picture you laying on the floor with a 7 foot pile of BF RDA's on top of you and all you can see is your feet sticking out giving the occasional twitch .

Man, you are on a mission . Give us a report on the best ones for taste when you get the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread