Is TC pointless?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boodaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2016
Ohio
maybe you'll learn to wick better, because thats where your fault was most likely, tc never said it was going to cure bad building....

Picks up mic and hands it back to you, so you can drop it again on another really poor point

And that, is how its done...

It was a CCell coil...Whoops for you. Next time don't assume. You know the saying :)

P.S. My builds are #StudLicious :banana:

Last edited:
Reactions: Cheallaigh

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
It was a CCell coil...Whoops for you. Next time don't assume. You know the saying :)

P.S. My builds are #StudLicious :banana:

So you waited 20 days to reply to my post, and despite this time it never occurred to you, you retort was still flawed, because it is....ill explain it to you if you like....

#notabossmove #sorry

Reactions: Eskie

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Lordy, I use TC all the time, always have.
If the vape is to hot I build a different coil (more resistance)
If the vape is to cold I build a different coil (less resistance)
Works every time. ;)

I think that is called Analog TC.

;)

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Quick question, does the joyetech board have TFR range input? Looking to get a beater mod for travel but in my experience TFR range input is the only way to get workable TC.

Never personally had anything but DNA boards, but from the others I've tried that were somewhat acceptable (yihi, joyetech etc) the joyetech comes closest to the DNA's

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Lordy, I use TC all the time, always have.
If the vape is to hot I build a different coil (more resistance)
If the vape is to cold I build a different coil (less resistance)
Works every time. ;)
I use a mod with more voltage drop cooler vape, less voltage drop warmer vape.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I use a mod with more voltage drop cooler vape, less voltage drop warmer vape.

Yup, rocket science made simple.
    Electrically we can do one of two things, we can adjust the voltage or we can adjust the resistance. Everything else is just a matter of how we choose to do one of those two things.

Reactions: Foggy Road

eseL

Dec 9, 2016
    This thread is hilarious! I actually read all 10 pages lol

TC sucks IMO in NI & TI modes. My first attempts at TC were with those wires. Too thin, frustrating to work with & the vape quality was MEH.

SS wire is where TC really shines. To the guy bragging about vaping 120W+ & TC sucks.. Well I'm vaping 125 watts TC with alien framed staples at 550f & the vape quality is outstanding. A smooth, even vape. I admit tho there is not that much of a difference with VW, more of a convenience thing to me.

If I have the option to use TC in SS mode, I will. Even my RX200's do TC pretty decently. On my hohm wrecker G2, I always use TC because I can & the vape quality is fantastic. Even exotic Kanthal, nichrome or combination coils work great in TC mode. Some Mods suck at TC like that piece of junk joyetech cuboid. But there are a lot that do TC well like the smok alien. No need to buy an overpriced DNA device to have a wonderful TC experience.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    The Cuboid works wonderfully in TC mode with: Ni, Ti, NiFe30, NiFe48, NiFe70 and SS430. (the TCR for the latter three is what I have programmed into mine)

Due to the precision (or lack there of) of some chip sets and/or user settings some SS wire types might not regulate well on some mods. (the Cuboid is no exception here)

eseL

Dec 9, 2016
    Neither kanthal or nichrome work with TC, but jam and cheese is a nice combination.

Sorry to burst your bubble but hohmwrecker G2 works fantastic with kanthal & nichrome. I'm vaping KA1/nichrome mixed wire fused Clapton from lightning vapes @120 watts 600f, right now on my G2 & it is working great. I must be lying or dreaming tho right? Lol

Do some research or try for yourself before making false statements.

kiba

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 21, 2012
    Alexandria, Va, USA
    www.facebook.com
    The hohm wrecker doesn't have true TC though, it uses that fsk or w/e it's called to assign a % value similar to a TCR value so you can try to dial it in. But just the initial setting, it doesn't let you map the whole range.

even so, you can probably fiddle around with that to get an approximate % to use with kanthal in a TC-like mode... But is there a reason people still want to use kanthal? I find it to not taste very clean anymore.

Last edited:

eseL

Dec 9, 2016
    No one knows everything, certainly not me. There's no need to be a choad about it.

I can say that you were being a choad by making a blanket statement without verifying the facts first. You think I'm being a choad because I dared to contradict you. Just a matter of perspective.

The G2 has TC settings for kanthal & nichrome, seems like true TC to me. The FSK curve is for xxx mode, customizable like tcr mode in other mods

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread